Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Question regarding offset/Wheel fitment (Rota Grid) - Hardtuned.net

Question regarding offset/Wheel fitment (Rota Grid) 

Rota grid Rota grid Wheels wheel offset tyres
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShaneKnowsNothing

• Car:'02 Spec R GT

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:07 AM

Hey guys,

regarding this post here: http://hardtuned.net...howtopic=472481 The fitment is pretty much spot on to what I'm after;

He states he's running rota grids with the following;
  • Front: 18x8 +28 (with 10mm spacer)
  • Rear: 18x9 +28 (with 8mm spacer)
Now I've read with spacers you take it off the original offset to get the new offset amount? Correct? So it'll become +18 front and +20 rear?
Although searching i cannot find wheels in those exact sizes. Closest i've found is "18x8.5 ET20 or 25 or 30" and "18x9.5 ET20 or ET30"

Does what i did above work? As in changing the offset and not running the spacers?

Also punching those numbers into an offset calculator returns saying I guess the second half of my question is looking at the RimTuck website here, this car with similar offsets at 18x9.5 +30 the rear wheels' outside edge will extend an extra 57m which seems like a crazy amount and wouldn't look like the images he posted.

It's 4am and I'm nodding off, I'll edit this to make more sense tomorrow.

Cheers.

#2 ru55kj

• Car:S15

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:34 AM

He offset is calculated differently. If total offset is +28 with 10mm spacer than wheel itself has an offset of +38 which should fit in front with 8" disk. But it will be getting pretty close to the struts and depending on the suspension you might need to run some spacers....

9 + 36 should fit fine in the back.

Saying that those sizes are not gonna give you that mad stance look everyone is after these days...

#3 ShaneKnowsNothing

• Car:'02 Spec R GT

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Cheers mate! Yeah I'm not after anything too aggressive. Just wheels that fill out pretty nicely without much unwanted attention from cops and any hassles with hitting the lip when going over bumps/turning etc.

Now regarding different wheels and offsets; As long as the wheels are the same sizes e.g. 18x9.5 if they have the same offsets theoretically should they sit in the same position in each car? e.g. if i found a car with a different style of wheel that has good fitment, if there's a wheel from a different brand with the same offset will it sit the same?

#4 CraZeeE

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:38 PM

Yes, but,

Keep in mind spoke design and amount of dish may affect whether the wheel fouls on the caliper.

Also tyre size is a consideration. a 215 profile on a 8.5 inch rim is not gonna have as many clearance issues to the body or the strut as say a 245 tyre.

Also the amount of camber, ride height and lesser extent toe can affect clearance.

I mean you can run a 9"+22 on a s15 front but, this is with a smaller tyre width and more camber than standard. That might be fine cosemetically, but that does not necessarily equate to optimal tyre wear and handling characteristics...

Edited by CraZeeE, 21 August 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#5 ru55kj

• Car:S15

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Actually 9+22 all around would be almost ideal. If you track your car and have slicks for the track you want more camber anyway...

The front would be more on aggressive side but doable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!