Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Power steering vs manual steering - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

Power steering vs manual steering 

Power Steering Power steering Drifting Grip
38 replies to this topic

#31 TougeMonster_1

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

View Postskedy, on 29 June 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

slow in fast out
try and brake in a straight line before the corner. you either braked mid corner or carried way too much speed into the corner.

read up on the net about basic motor racing techniques lines, braking points, apex etc etc.

As I said in my original post I got oversteer on corner exit, i saw the straight comming out of the corner and steeped on the gas got some oversteer and was to slow to catch it with counter steer and jumped on the brakes then counterd, come to think of it it was probably better that I did hit the brakes cause I might of over corecceted and whipped out of control.

Edited by TougeMonster_1, 30 June 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#32 _R_J_K_

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostTougeMonster_1, on 29 June 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

I might of over corecceted and whipped out of control.

Sounds like you were plenty out of control already.

#33 -SYK-

• Car:S15

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

oversteer and was to slow to catch it with counter steer and jumped on the brakes

i wanted to stay out of this, however the bit in bold has me concerned; i always felt safest and quickest exit out of that situation would be to neutralise throttle or slight clutch blip. However if i am wrong and have missed out on an alternate technique in car correction, please fill me in.

I for one will not partake in the double standard newbie bashing. we can talk about attitude and experience, but at the end of the day car people already have enough external pressures without the internal bickering.

hope you make it out the other side of newbiedom without too much damage

#34 TougeMonster_1

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

View Post-SYK-, on 30 June 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

oversteer and was to slow to catch it with counter steer and jumped on the brakes
i wanted to stay out of this, however the bit in bold has me concerned; i always felt safest and quickest exit out of that situation would be to neutralise throttle or slight clutch blip. However if i am wrong and have missed out on an alternate technique in car correction, please fill me in. I for one will not partake in the double standard newbie bashing. we can talk about attitude and experience, but at the end of the day car people already have enough external pressures without the internal bickering. hope you make it out the other side of newbiedom without too much damage

Thanks man yea not a scratch on me or car all sweet!
Also what i did wasn't really car correction more like didn't know how to correct the car at that speed oversteered and ripped a bail.

The correction in that situation in theory i would think is to ease off the throttle whilst counter steering till back to a neutral steering or power though the slide but then that would be essentially drifting :D BUT im not 100% on this since ive never actually done it ahah

Edited by TougeMonster_1, 30 June 2012 - 04:16 AM.

#35 ZeroFallen

• Car:1989 S13 Silvia Ks

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

View PostTougeMonster_1, on 30 June 2012 - 04:02 AM, said:

View Post-SYK-, on 30 June 2012 - 03:26 AM, said:

i wanted to stay out of this, however the bit in bold has me concerned; i always felt safest and quickest exit out of that situation would be to neutralise throttle or slight clutch blip. However if i am wrong and have missed out on an alternate technique in car correction, please fill me in. I for one will not partake in the double standard newbie bashing. we can talk about attitude and experience, but at the end of the day car people already have enough external pressures without the internal bickering. hope you make it out the other side of newbiedom without too much damage

Thanks man yea not a scratch on me or car all sweet!
Also what i did wasn't really car correction more like didn't know how to correct the car at that speed oversteered and ripped a bail.

The correction in that situation in theory i would think is to ease off the throttle whilst counter steering till back to a neutral steering or power though the slide but then that would be essentially drifting :D BUT im not 100% on this since ive never actually done it ahah

And that's why the place to practice it is not on public roads.

#36 harris.

• Car:180sx SR POWWAAAHH

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

i cant believe how many people in this thread are supporting this idiot driving like this on public roads.. or even helping him with his 'driving technique'..

Don't do this on the streets, seriously..

OP - You live in Victoria, im sure there are drift days, and track events and skidpan days a plenty near where you live.. go to those, do this shit there, drive like a normal person when your on the road..

The rest of your supporting this clown - you are just encouraging him.. Us 'car enthusiasts' already have a negative stigma attached to us, having people do shit like this is what makes it hard for us..

#37 AndrewJZX100

• Car:Reliant Robin

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

LOL, this guy.

Catching small slides on exit should be par for the course. You sound like you haven't been driving very long fella so I'll make this simple for you.

Only a very small amount of being a good driver is having the skills to drive fast, most of it is being mature and knowing the foibles of the road you're on, leaving 10% in reserve for those unexpected moments, then leaving another 10% in reserve for safetys sake.

The only thing that'll develop these techniques of risk aversion, reading the road and learning to drive at 8/10ths is seat time, so don't stop driving and enjoying yourself, but just remember there are no trophys on the street.

#38 _R_J_K_

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

View PostAndrewJZX100, on 30 June 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

The only thing that'll develop these techniques of risk aversion, reading the road and learning to drive at 8/10ths is seat time, so don't stop driving and enjoying yourself, but just remember there are no trophys on the street.

Yeah there is, this guy's working towards "Drift King of the Touge". He loves the word touge.

#39 Shark

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

View Postharris., on 30 June 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

i cant believe how many people in this thread are supporting this idiot driving like this on public roads.. or even helping him with his 'driving technique'..

Don't do this on the streets, seriously..

OP - You live in Victoria, im sure there are drift days, and track events and skidpan days a plenty near where you live.. go to those, do this shit there, drive like a normal person when your on the road..

The rest of your supporting this clown - you are just encouraging him.. Us 'car enthusiasts' already have a negative stigma attached to us, having people do shit like this is what makes it hard for us..
There have been 2 drift days alone within the past few weeks at Calder.
Not to mention the track days run at sanddown and winton raceway.

Obviously publics streets and the internet are the best places to learn how to control your car.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!