Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2jz into a70 questions - Hardtuned.net
←  Toyota (ttuned.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

2jz into a70 questions

Cam Zilla's Photo Cam Zilla 08 Jul 2015

Hi all,
Im looking at getting my hands on a mk3 supra and swapping a 2jzgte into it. has anybody got experience with this?
Im not quite at the stage of requiring a walkthrough but just planning ahead.

Is this something that i will need an Engineers certificate for?
Also, i have read up a guide on how to convert to a "1.5jz" , where parts of a 1jz are left in the car and parts of a 2jz are added, what is the benefit to this?
Is this to avoid complications with governing bodies/getting an engineers certificate, or does it make a stronger motor?

If a straight swap for a 2jz is the best outcome what will i need in total to make the swap? this will be my first project and my first conversion, looking to do most of it myself as i have mechanical and electrical knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

pmod's Photo pmod 08 Jul 2015

Never bothered going down this path when I had an MA70 Supra, I instead sold up and modded a 180sx instead, however it's not a hard conversion from memory and there is a mountain of info on it out there already.

In my opinion the 1.5JZ is a waste of effort. The original idea was that the 1JZ head flowed better than the 2JZ head, so you would have the bigger displacement block with the higher flowing head, however I recall seeing actual flow test results that disproved the theory that the 1JZ head flowed better. Yes, shops in Japan do this, however shops in Japan do a lot of things that aren't always the best, sometimes due to parts availability and cost.

Info to get you started:

http://www.supraforu...0-Swap-Pics-Etc
http://www.toymods.o...ions-Guide-Book

https://www.google.c..._H-LAmQXWjaOIDQ

Cam Zilla's Photo Cam Zilla 08 Jul 2015

Thanks alot pmod! This is a great collection of info if i dont need parts from a 1j then a 2j project would be fine going into any a70 chassis id assume.
I can get my hands on a very clean ga70h with the 1G 2.0l motor, would this model have the engine mount locations necessary to make the swap to a 2j?
And once this is done will i need an engineers cert? Or can i just advise vicroads of the engine number update?

Thanks once again ��

pmod's Photo pmod 08 Jul 2015

I'd be confirming whether it's possible to comply the 2L turbo to start with. I recall there being issues with non personal-import cars, due to the A70 being locally delivered. Age may have changed that. Can't confirm whether the 1GGTE crossmember would be suitable, but no doubt the info is there in a toymods or supramania build thread.

Cam Zilla's Photo Cam Zilla 09 Jul 2015

Thanks again pmod. Ive found a thread on supraforums, they go through the whole process of a swap into a GA with the op, thanks heaps :)

pmod's Photo pmod 10 Jul 2015

Amusingly I ended up at this video on my Youtube journey... makes me want another MA70 lol.

https://www.youtube....h?v=tWm5mY8t0IM

Myersdive's Photo Myersdive 13 Sep 2016

thanks. I wish it was adjustable, but if i can push it into place without the cables attached, i think its gotta be something internal.