Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Who Believes In Ghosts? - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

Who Believes In Ghosts? 

50 replies to this topic

#1 B00sted180

• Car:180SX

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Found this apparent footage of a ghost attacking someone and curious to see what peoples thoughts and believes are on ghosts or anything supernatural

https://au.tv.yahoo....im-along-floor/

#2 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Dont really believe in them, but those ooogie board things give me the heebe jeebez.

#3 Element Unknown

• Car:1993 KRPS13

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

really?
you can do a lot with Creative Cloud nowadays.

#4 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

If by "ghosts" you mean crackheads, shadows and creative lighting, then yeah, totally believe in them. Casper... not so much.

#5 s13k's

• Car:180SX Type X

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:32 AM

I dont believe in ghosts although I do believe in video editing :)

#6 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Yeah video editing tools are pretty easy to use these days, and with the amount of money to be made from viral videos there is plenty of incentive to create bullshit.

I have heard creepy stories from people i know are reasonably minded and trustworthy people which i cannot explain, and i have seen some weird shit myself. Despite this, i am still not going to believe anything that is posted on the internet unless it has solid evidence to back it up.

#7 joe180sx

• Car:180sx

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

I do believe, only because I have experienced it myself. Not being attacked but seeing ghosts

Edited by joe180sx, 08 May 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#8 antonio

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

View Postjoe180sx, on 08 May 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

I do believe, only because I have experienced it myself. Not being attacked but seeing ghosts

Do tell.....

#9 joe180sx

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:21 AM

Ok. I'm ready to be be hammered by everybody!

Short version.
I was a non believer before the following happened.
My brother passed away a couple of years ago, and not long after I would see him standing in my kitchen at home. We were very close and did everything together. Anyway long story I decided that there was something there as I wasn't nuts, so I started training as a medium to strengthen my abillities so I could keep in contact with him.

Now I work as a part time medium connecting people with spirit (ghosts). So I see, hear, feel, and talk to them all the time.

Please remember before you guy flog me I am normal. I love my cars and have been posting on here for ages. I don't push my beliefs on anyone.

#10 DannyR34

• Car:R34 GT-T

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

LOL I love how you say "Please remember I am NORMAL!!!" hahahahha

"insert crazy man joke here"

I know someone who is a medium and I just can't get my head around it, so I stay away haha.

but that video was some paranormal activity shit.

#11 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:12 AM

im pretty skeptical. but i had one of my old girls friends who lived in a supposed haunted house (still does) and some of the shit thats happened there is kinda hard to explain.

just the usual doors opening and shutting by themselves, random noises, stuff going missing and turning up in odd spots etc. pretty weird.

#12 Red_Gem

• Car:gtr

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

I like to say I don't, but there is no way I'm going in some dark shitty dungeon where people were murdered or something. So I guess that means I actually do. If you can stay in a "haunted house" by yourself with just a torch and honestly say you would just kick back and chill out, then you get to say "Nah I don't believe".

#13 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

View Postjoe180sx, on 08 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ok. I'm ready to be be hammered by everybody!

Short version.
I was a non believer before the following happened.
My brother passed away a couple of years ago, and not long after I would see him standing in my kitchen at home. We were very close and did everything together. Anyway long story I decided that there was something there as I wasn't nuts, so I started training as a medium to strengthen my abillities so I could keep in contact with him.

Now I work as a part time medium connecting people with spirit (ghosts). So I see, hear, feel, and talk to them all the time.

Please remember before you guy flog me I am normal. I love my cars and have been posting on here for ages. I don't push my beliefs on anyone.

Very likely it was a hallucination brought on through stress and anxiety, reinforced through repeated instances, and finally you've totally convinced yourself by training in the ancient art of bullshitting people.

I don't really mean to be rude to you (although I am by default), but I've encountered plenty of cases of this type of thing, and every f**ker swears blind that they're absolutely, 100%, swear-on-my-mother's-grave-who-I-see-each-day-in-my-bathtub-anyway normal. My housemate was even one of them... had a chat about it, and even in his case it was bullshit that he hadn't given due consideration.

The fact that idiots in that field sincerely believe what they say, does not make it in any way real. The fact that someone has a personal experience, does not make it in any way real. The fact that other people saw something they couldn't explain at the same time, does not make it in any way real. In my experience, people that tell me about their "encounter" have the most mlind-blowingly bizarre interpretation of events and don't even attempt to apply basic scientific reasoning at the time, nor in later reflection.

The reality is that unless something can be observed by others and demonstrably tested, then it's all in your head, which is the most unreliable source of reference possible. Go to a psyche ward and you'll find a whole bunch of people that claim to see all sorts of weird shit, not to mention that it has been proven SO MANY TIMES that "Mediums" are full of crap. Not once or twice, but in every legitimate test I have ever seen, and that's a fair few.

#14 joe180sx

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:08 PM

Like I said buddy. I don't push my beliefs on anyone. That's your opinion and good on you for having one.
As I said that's your person experience and my post is mine

#15 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Posted Image

#16 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

If there were ghosts I think more people would have seen them

#17 B00sted180

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I'm a strong non believer and always looking for an explanation to why something which may have appeared supernatural actually happened. One day I was hanging with a few mates getting on the piss when one of them got me on my own and started talking about how they saw my mum and about how they had spoken to her. Telling me all these messages she's allegedly telling me via my mate. I was so close to punching my mate out and found it very disrespectful, made it ever worse the fact my mate had never even met my mum before.

#18 B00sted180

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Who here has seen the move The Conjuring? Apparently based on a true story

http://youtu.be/k10ETZ41q5o

#19 Red_Gem

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:20 PM

Yeah wasn't bad.

#20 BEV5TA

• Car:Silvia S13

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Now im starting to watch youtube vids on ghosts and other weird shit..

http://youtu.be/vrDq1OM625A

#21 B00sted180

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

^^^ that is just a bit creepy but its hard to know what is and isn't real with today's technology.

#22 Lucas.

• Car:Toyota 4 runner

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:42 PM

http://youtu.be/_JaRObcLsds

This part and this whole episode describes mediums exactly

#23 joe180sx

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:04 AM

Just like any other industry there are shit psychics and mediums that give us a bad name.
How many shit mechanics are there?

Psychic and medium are 2 very different things. Psychic is reading the future. Medium is talking to dead people.
Lisa Williams and tony stockwell are mediums

Edited by joe180sx, 09 May 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#24 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostBEV5TA, on 08 May 2014 - 08:58 PM, said:

Now im starting to watch youtube vids on ghosts and other weird shit..

http://youtu.be/vrDq1OM625A

That is a bug walking on the cameraman's window.

As a rule, any time you see a 'paranormal' video that tries to push it's topic with freaky music, assume it is bullshit.

Edited by Chappy, 09 May 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#25 CEF33Y

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Good post above pmod^^

Whats the definition of a ghost?

I believe slightings of lost loved ones etc are in peoples head. Thats how people deal with shit. (just my opinion)

When my old man passed away, there were times where i'd get a feeling he was there, hard to explain, you know when someone is watching you (who is alive) you sometimes know they're there? got that a few times just after his death, but meh, shrugged it off as part of the grieving process.

Although, one of the houses the missus and I stayed in had some weird noises, footsteps, doors opening, etc. We'd always comment on what we heard, but never heard the same thing, so it was always a bit of, yeah, you cray.

Until the day we moved out, we were In separate rooms, front of house, hear back sliding door open then close, couple of footsteps, so we both walk out expecting to see one of our parents, no one there. Door locked. Thats the only instance we both heard the same thing.
Also one of our dogs was shit scared of the main bedroom. But the dog was an idiot anyway, so didnt mean much, lol.

Still, was glad to get the f out of that place.

#26 miller.k

• Car:RPS13

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

View Postjoe180sx, on 09 May 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Just like any other industry there are shit psychics and mediums that give us a bad name. How many shit mechanics are there? Psychic and medium are 2 very different things. Psychic is reading the future. Medium is talking to dead people. Lisa Williams and tony stockwell are mediums
At least a mechanic has the work to show for, right? i.e. if a mechanic was to change an alternator belt and failed to tension the belt properly, you will see or feel slop. Therefore, you can base your judgement as to whether they are "shit" or not on that (still quite a subjective argument). So, what I'm trying to say is: If you were a "good" medium, how would I know you are good? I can't just believe what's coming out of your mouth. I will need some factual reasoning and rationality. See where this is going? edit: added line breaks

Edited by miller.k, 09 May 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#27 Red_Gem

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Why is everyone so worked up about a medium? Why does it affect you so much? If that's what he believes and what he wants to do then good on him. Like he said he isn't pushing it on anyone but is getting flamed hard for what he believes in. Give the guy a break and stop pushing YOUR beliefs on others!

#28 joe180sx

Posted 09 May 2014 - 09:35 AM

^^^ Thanks buddy, the thread title says Who believes in ghosts. I said I do. I don't have to prove myself to anyone on ns. I give my clients enough evidence that I have there loved one with me. I tell them things, that they say is impossible for me to know. They are the only people I need to prove myself to.
I believe in them like I said from my own experience in the last couple of years

How many people believe in god. It's the same thing

#29 B00sted180

Posted 09 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

I don't believe in what you do but as long as your not a sweater wearing poofter your all right with me mate, keep on doing what you enjoy.

#30 antonio

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

View Postpmod, on 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

The reality is that unless something can be observed by others and demonstrably tested, then it's all in your head, which is the most unreliable source of reference possible. Go to a psyche ward and you'll find a whole bunch of people that claim to see all sorts of weird shit

Bingo.... this is why things like Dejavu are not somebody having the ability to see the in future.
f**k i get that shit every or so months and it freaks me out but i don't go waving around to people that i can see into my own future.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!