Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Who Believes In Ghosts? - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

- - - - -

Who Believes In Ghosts? 

50 replies to this topic

#31 joe180sx

• Car:180sx

Posted 09 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

View PostB00sted180, on 09 May 2014 - 10:31 AM, said:

I don't believe in what you do but as long as your not a sweater wearing poofter your all right with me mate, keep on doing what you enjoy.

Unfortantly I have no more ammo. I'm 34 married to a Female, don't wear purple shirts and sweaters. Most in tshirts and hoodies.

Been to a few meets and I don't discuss what I do,and don't give psychic readings to everyone I see

#32 mill-180

• Car:RPS13

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Not having a go at you or your beliefs Joe. I'm all for healthy discussion. I'm just trying to reason it with what I believe in.

#33 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 09 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

View Postjoe180sx, on 09 May 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

How many people believe in god. It's the same thing

Many people have proclaimed their belief in magical sky santa God, and have had their arguments demolished on this very forum.
I don't see why you would be any different.

You know there is a guy in the USA offering $1,000,000 to the first person who can demonstrate a supernatural ability under scientific conditions. All you need is a plane ticket to the states and you have a cool million waiting for you.........

#34 Red_Gem

• Car:gtr

Posted 09 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

What has he had demolished? Because you guys don't believe him he is demolished? He doesn't seem to care at all. I don't want to get into the god argument but science has not disproven god or ghosts or any paranormal activity at all. It has most defiantly disproven individual cases and much of the bible but I don't think you will find a scientist on earth that will say "I am 100% confident my work has completely disproven god". Being close minded does not make you smart and it cirtainly doesn't mean you can push what you think is true onto someone else. Pull your head out of your ass

Edited by Red_Gem, 09 May 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#35 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 10 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostRed_Gem, on 09 May 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

What has he had demolished? Because you guys don't believe him he is demolished? He doesn't seem to care at all. I don't want to get into the god argument but science has not disproven god or ghosts or any paranormal activity at all. It has most defiantly disproven individual cases and much of the bible but I don't think you will find a scientist on earth that will say "I am 100% confident my work has completely disproven god". Being close minded does not make you smart and it cirtainly doesn't mean you can push what you think is true onto someone else. Pull your head out of your ass

What are you talking about? Nobody has written anything about anyone being demolished, unless there was some post you never quoted that has since been deleted.

Personally I don't have an objection to joe180sx believing in ghosts, I just have strong interests in truth and reality, hence my brief rant that was actually less aggressive than it might have been in real life. The OP started a thread asking for views and opinions, and joe preempted the negative response to his post at the very start. Chill dude.

...I don't think you will find a scientist on earth that will say "I am 100% confident my work has completely disproven god". Being close minded does not make you smart and it cirtainly doesn't mean you can push what you think is true onto someone else. Pull your head out of your ass

There are plenty of Scientists who will attest to an overwhelming amount of evidence leading to a conclusion that neither supports the notion of a Judeo-Christian God, nor of any other form of deity. Some are on the debate circuit, like Richard Dawkins, Lawrence Krauss and Neil deGrasse Tyson, but the vast majority are obviously not.

I will also point out that it's ridiculous to even suggest disproving something like God, due to the metaphysical nature of the claim (i.e. he existed outside the universe, created all that we know and plays puppeteer for his amusement) and the fact that the burden of proof lies upon the one making the claim in the first place (cue Russell's teapot argument).

Furthermore, objectively questioning an eye-witness claim (Mediums are 100% eye-witness, as they are the sole source of their conclusion) has nothing to do with low-intellect or being "closed-minded". A desire to qualify a claim, before accepting it as a reflection of reality, is the absolute definition of an intelligent, open-minded individual.

#36 Chappy

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

I think you might need to have another go at reading the posts you are replying to.

I said people arguing in favour of RELIGION routinely get demolished on this forum. I have NFI what you are on about....

#37 Red_Gem

• Car:gtr

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostChappy, on 09 May 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Many people have proclaimed their belief in magical sky santa God, and have had their arguments demolished on this very forum.

There is your quote. Saying he has been/will be demolished???

#38 Chappy

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

View PostRed_Gem, on 11 May 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

View PostChappy, on 09 May 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

There is your quote. Saying he has been/will be demolished???

No, i said he is no different to a person preaching christianity, so should expect no better treatment.

Although i am sure any attempt to 'prove' the existence of ghosts would result in a similar demolition as resulted in the god vs science arguments.
Just to clarify, my previous posts said nothing about demolishing his argument, this one does.

#39 joe180sx

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

There's been a lot of lols in the posts. At the end of the day there are a lot of people that do believe in what I do and there's a lot that don't.
I was expecting this reaction as I get it all the time and it doesn't worry me.
I have no doubt the world exist and everyone that doesn't will find out one day lol

#40 DannyR34

• Car:R34 GT-T

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:24 PM

James Randi is the guy offering a cruisey 1 mil
check his shit out.
https://www.youtube....h?v=XcPuRaSEq1I

#41 joe180sx

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

That's cool like I said before the only people I have to prove myself to is my clients

#42 pmod

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Don't your clients already believe in Mediums/Spirits/Ghosts? I've never encountered a skeptic who has consulted a Medium or Psychic for any other reason than to troll or debunk them.

Edited by pmod, 14 May 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#43 joe180sx

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

I have buddy. Had many. At the end of the day I say what I get and I have change some of the opinions or at least had them questioning. The thing is most skeptics I encounter are at platforms which are audience readings, not one one ones.

Like I said I don't try to change people's minds. Each to there own.

Some people I read don't believe and have never seen a medium

Edited by joe180sx, 14 May 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#44 The Panda

• Car:Fluttermatic 180

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:32 PM

I've got one wierd story.I can still almost perfectly remember every detail

When I was much younger, my rents went out for the night. Anyway, I decided to go to bed around 11, so I head up stairs, turn off all the lights and jump into bed. I read a book for about twenty minutes then put my head to pillow looking out my window, opposite my door.

Anyway, I have been lying there for a little bit and I think I hear a car pull into my driveway, so I perked up a little bit. I try to listen for them coming in, but don't hear anything. Then I hear what sounds like quick footsteps coming up the stairs, so I figure that the rents are home. The footsteps come all the way around the hallway and then stop outside my room, I remember thinking that my dad must have popped in to check if I was asleep. Then a few more steps and I feel what I thought was a hand on the back of my head, really gently. My heart starts pounding, and then there are scurrying footsteps - short steps - away which I hear go around the hall and down the stairs. Then nothing.

I sat bolt upright and turned on a bunch of lights in my room, before trying to figure out WTF had just happened (I was about 14). I went to go and see if my dog was inside (we had a small dog who would occasionally wander upstairs if he needed to go out etc etc, but he was outside. Nobody was home, I ended up walking around nearly every part of the house checking.

To this day, still cannot figure out wtf happened. Never had any other wierd moments in my house - footsteps, doors closing blah blah - just that one event. I'm not a believer in the supernatural.

#45 Swangn

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

View Postjoe180sx, on 08 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ok. I'm ready to be be hammered by everybody!

Short version.
I was a non believer before the following happened.
My brother passed away a couple of years ago, and not long after I would see him standing in my kitchen at home. We were very close and did everything together. Anyway long story I decided that there was something there as I wasn't nuts, so I started training as a medium to strengthen my abillities so I could keep in contact with him.

Now I work as a part time medium connecting people with spirit (ghosts). So I see, hear, feel, and talk to them all the time.

Please remember before you guy flog me I am normal. I love my cars and have been posting on here for ages. I don't push my beliefs on anyone.

how does it work, "finding" the person example i wanted to make contact with?
what do you require in order to "get" the person or finding info on them to respond?

Would you charge to make contact?

#46 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:42 PM

Do ghosts wonder around or stay in the same place they died at

#47 Aunt Silvia

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Nut job alert!

#48 Flying180

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

View PostWrexy, on 03 June 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

I have my ghosts on a leash

#49 Chappy

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostFlying180, on 04 June 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Does a ghost leash look anything like this?

Posted Image

#50 pmod

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostSwangn, on 03 June 2014 - 05:55 PM, said:

View Postjoe180sx, on 08 May 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

Ok. I'm ready to be be hammered by everybody!

Short version.
I was a non believer before the following happened.
My brother passed away a couple of years ago, and not long after I would see him standing in my kitchen at home. We were very close and did everything together. Anyway long story I decided that there was something there as I wasn't nuts, so I started training as a medium to strengthen my abillities so I could keep in contact with him.

Now I work as a part time medium connecting people with spirit (ghosts). So I see, hear, feel, and talk to them all the time.

Please remember before you guy flog me I am normal. I love my cars and have been posting on here for ages. I don't push my beliefs on anyone.

how does it work, "finding" the person example i wanted to make contact with?
what do you require in order to "get" the person or finding info on them to respond?

Would you charge to make contact?

Posted Image

#51 Flying180

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostChappy, on 04 June 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

View PostFlying180, on 04 June 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Does a ghost leash look anything like this?

Posted Image

:giggle:

It's what i had in mind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!