Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

- - - - -

Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles 

859 replies to this topic

#31 J's 180

• Car:1997 Type X

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:29 PM

insane! could write a book about your experiences. no doubt get on today tonight or a current affair. earn some quick cash for your efforts!

sucks big time you had to do time man. feel pretty sorry for you! hope nothing bad happened to you (you know what i mean....)

would definitely like to know more about how prison was over there. make any cool friends? did they know you were aussie? did you still have the accent? bet they picked on you for it too. what was your daily routine like? wake up times, sleep times. what was lunch and dinner etc like?

- Jamie

#32 ridemyjansen

• Car:06 350z enthusiast

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

View PostOne.Eight.Zero, on Sep 1 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

insane! could write a book about your experiences. no doubt get on today tonight or a current affair. earn some quick cash for your efforts!

sucks big time you had to do time man. feel pretty sorry for you! hope nothing bad happened to you (you know what i mean....)

would definitely like to know more about how prison was over there. make any cool friends? did they know you were aussie? did you still have the accent? bet they picked on you for it too. what was your daily routine like? wake up times, sleep times. what was lunch and dinner etc like?

- Jamie

Well, Let me describe my incarceration from the start. L.A county jail Commonly referred to as "The Twin Towers" is in downtown L.A. A jail built for 10,000 inmates currently houses 33,000. Before you're housed in the Gen. Pop. You have to go through booking and classification. This is where they fingerprint, DNA swap, strip you ass hole naked and search you. After that you're marched to a shower block about as long as a football field. You shower and are given the "County Blues" a blue jail uniform. They then see what gang you're from, if any. Then house you accordingly with your allies and away from your enemies.

There are 4 major sides to run with in L.A jail.
-The woods (White/Caucasain)
-The Blacks - Blood
- Crip
- The Sureno's - Southern Mexican gang members or (Ese's) all run in this group despite if they're from rival gangs on the street. They're united in jail
- The Others- Asians, Islanders, Middle Eastern, Indian, European

You're program daily consists mainly or working out, reading, talking to people or watching T.V. Every night before you go to sleep, each race does it's battle cry. lol. sounds stupid i know, but if you laugh at any race while their doing it, it's a death sentence.

The Woods ofcourse say "White power"
Surenous say " Puro sur threce" Translated " Pure south side 13
Bloods " Soo woop"
Crips " Cuh-Rip"
It seems stupid, but it's pretty intimidating when 100 people are doing it.

When people f**k up, they get " Disciplined" at the back of the dorm, where there arn't any cameras.
Usually happened to all the newcomers, they'd go back there and come back with black eyes and bloody noses. lol.

Well, that pretty much sum's up jail. Prison is a completely different world. All the stupid rules that exist in jail are intensified 10 fold in jail. For starters, instead of being jumped when you f**k up, you get stabbed. People there play for keeps. That shit they say about Prison rape is true. The punks who don't stand up for themselves are raped, pimped, and sold. In prison, you're reputation is everything. As long as you keep to yourself, and stand up for yourself when the time comes, you'll be fine.
Be ready to fight anytime. Anything less and you're a goner.

I've seen riots between almost everyrace/gang in prison. It's not a good thing to experience, trust me. Ontop of the confusion of a bunch of muscle bound idiots trying to figure out who's the enemy and who to attack. You have the guards firing every non lethal projectile known to man in every direction.

Needless to say, Prison f**king sucks.

Edited by ridemyjansen, 02 September 2008 - 05:08 PM.

#33 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:30 PM

View Postridemyjansen, on Sep 1 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

They then see what gang you're from, if any. Then house you accordingly with your allies and away from your enemies.
I found that interesting. Obviously they wouldn't put you with enemies to avoid fights/rapes/deaths but wouldn't there always be the possibility if you're with mates to join up and break out? Or is that because I've watched too much Prison Break :P

#34 XDRIFT

• Car:ns13

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:41 AM

fsck what a story dude, id love to take you strippers.

all the best man..

#35 *BoostOnTap*

• Car:93 180sx, 1.5 way, coilovers, 190rwkw

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

thats a great read man very interesting...

needless to say no1 scares you in sydney on the streets, out at night huh?

#36 ridemyjansen

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:21 PM

Haha...not really. It's good to be around placid and docile people again. :lol:

#37 sixteenshots

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

Iv'e had plenty of mates locked up at silverwater, long bay, park lea, mt penang etc.

From what they have told me, it's a walk in the park compared to the shit you describe, thank f**k we live in Australia ey.

#38 SDEWYZ

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:54 AM

Man thats fuked. Who thought arnie could let shit like that happen and your "mate" got looked after when he was the person that committed all the crimes

#39 SDEWYZ

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:55 AM

oh and WELCOME HOME

#40 ridemyjansen

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:30 AM

View PostSDEWYZ, on Sep 2 2008, 02:37 PM, said:

Man thats fuked. Who thought arnie could let shit like that happen and your "mate" got looked after when he was the person that committed all the crimes

Yeah, that guy's a political Flop. Me messed the state up in so many ways it's not even funny.

View PostSDEWYZ, on Sep 2 2008, 02:38 PM, said:

oh and WELCOME HOME

Thanks mate, it's good to be back.

#41 rb25

• Car:Supra

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

Man your 'mate' deserves to be castrated and have his limbs ripped off one by one for what he did.

Doesn't matter now though - you're back on some sane soil. Welcome home buddy.

As for your questions in your original post, all but #3 was answered. There aren't as many clubs here as there are in L.A. though. It depends on what kind of music you're into really.

Go have a look through the NSW section of this site - you'll find a few threads regarding clubs and hangout spots.

#42 PuLsE

• Car:S2000

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

Damn... you've been through heaps, definitely would've changed your outlook on quite alot of things.
Either way, another welcome back... I don't think Aussies are as crazy as the Yanks :)

I hope your "friend" gets what's coming to him... dog act. The system sounds screwed majorly.

Stupid question... but what if you're a half cast? Half white half asian for example... how does that work? Saw your Myspace... being asian, was there much of a group? Sounds tough being one of the minorities :|

#43 UR33DY

• Car:S14A rb2630det Baby chasing 400rwkw

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

thats crazy man so would you be ever going back??

#44 XDRIFT

• Car:ns13

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

either way man.. just remember.

if you come to melbourne, pm me, we go strippers.

#45 Pie

• Car:1988 Nissan Cefiro

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:42 PM

fark this topic is epic, really shit the things u probably had to go thru man but damn...sounds like its out of oz or somethin

#46 JohnnyJizm

• Car:180SX

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

From what little I know about jail here :

The shame about jail here is that the whites all dog on each other and don't stick together and look out for each other, whereas the Muslims, Asians, and Aborigines stick to and look after their kind. Apparently the Muslims are quite well organised inside and have clearcut rules and pecking order.

#47 Drift-Stickers

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

jeeezuz.. welcome back!!

go sell your story to TT or ACA invest the money into business school!

#48 elmrc13b

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:05 PM

ridemyjansen welcome back to australia mate, since you're here i need ya to drop me off at a few "friends" houses. :)

pm when ya ready to leave :P

#49 MeZ

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

f**k telling your story to aca

tell it to us :o ahah this shit always intrigues me

#50 NS.com Thug

• Car:RX-7

Posted 03 September 2008 - 02:27 PM

Crazy story. Welcome back mate.

Last time I said "mate" in the states, the other dude asked 'what you mean by that man'. Ends up they don't see the word "mate" like we do haha.

Goes to prove a point to no end though. People that will really do something about a situation, won't talk about it before they do.

#51 Kez180

• Car:Silvia s13 CA18de (Shithouse)

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

^^ didn't make sense... ^^

#52 UR33DY

• Car:S14A rb2630det Baby chasing 400rwkw

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

View PostKez180, on Sep 2 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

^^ didn't make sense... ^^
+1

#53 s14

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

View PostNS.com Thug, on Sep 3 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

Crazy story. Welcome back mate.

Last time I said mate in the states, the other dude asked 'what you mean by that man'. Ends up they don't see the word mate like we do haha.

Goes to prove the point to no end though. The ones that will really do something about a situation, won't talk about it before they do.

I want some of the stuff you're on. :yes:

#54 ridemyjansen

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

View PostPuLsE, on Sep 2 2008, 06:20 PM, said:

Damn... you've been through heaps, definitely would've changed your outlook on quite alot of things.
Either way, another welcome back... I don't think Aussies are as crazy as the Yanks :)

I hope your "friend" gets what's coming to him... dog act. The system sounds screwed majorly.

Stupid question... but what if you're a half cast? Half white half asian for example... how does that work? Saw your Myspace... being asian, was there much of a group? Sounds tough being one of the minorities :|

Being a half breed in jail sucks ass. Especially when you have a last name that doesn't look very befitting tattooed on your back. At first the guards didnt know who to put me with. I had a choice to roll with the woods( Whites) or the Asians. Since i look more asian than white, i chose the latter. Yeah, there are a lot of Asians in prison, not half as many as the whites,blacks or mexican, but we had enough to hold our own if any other race wanted to kick it off with us.

View PostUR33DY, on Sep 2 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

thats crazy man so would you be ever going back??

Probly not, I'm banned from the country for 5 years right now. Plus the 2 strikes i have are enough of a deterrant to keep me away. If i went back and got so much as a DUI that would be enough for them to give me a 25+ year sentence because of the three strike law.

View PostXDRIFT, on Sep 2 2008, 07:12 PM, said:

either way man.. just remember.

if you come to melbourne, pm me, we go strippers.

Hahahaha, for sure man. I might have to take a quick trip to Melbourne so i can take you up on that offer.

Edited by ridemyjansen, 03 September 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#55 PepeS14

• Car:S14

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

Holy shit mate, that is f**ked up! So sorry to hear of the terror you had to go through.

And I agree, LA is a hole, and I used to live in SoCal for 10 years. But then again, the longer I stay here, the more I do not have a desire to go back to America anytime soon.

#56 Pie

• Car:1988 Nissan Cefiro

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:43 PM

If you don't mind this turning into a Q&A session, what was the craziest shit you ever saw go down in there? I understand if you dont really wanna keep on with this topic of conversation tho hey!

#57 ridemyjansen

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

View PostPie, on Sep 3 2008, 03:26 AM, said:

If you don't mind this turning into a Q&A session, what was the craziest shit you ever saw go down in there? I understand if you dont really wanna keep on with this topic of conversation tho hey!

Well, there were two experiences that will forever stand out in my mind.

1. 06 Riots in L.A county jail- There were 67 murders in these riots. I was there. I was in the 2800 section of Twin towers Downtown L.A jail. In this section, there are 200 cells on two tiers ( Floors) each cell houses 7 men in a 12x10' cell. It's cramped as hell. Usually they had segregated the races, but again Gov. Arnie thinks he knows best and calls for a full intergation of the races. Result, blacks and hispanics get housed together. Anyway,It was another regular night, it was about 9pm i was about to go to sleep. As i previously said, each race does it's little battlecry before lights out. The Bloods and Crips had just finished their calls, The surenos were next The start their battle cry; chanting "Purro Sur Trece" then just when they're supposed to stop the Shot caller for the Surenos yells out something in Spanish and I hear every South Sider in every cell carry out his order to attack a black, all two hundred cells kicked it off simultaneously. The sounds of 1400 people fighting to the death is a f**king crazy noise. All I heard was running, screaming, punching, stabbing. It went on until someone screamed out, Black Down. The guards rushed in with riot gear, dragged out a black dude who was damn near beaten to death, his face was unrecognisable. Then when the guards left, it began again. Every so often the guards would drag out another body and it would resume. Luckily i was housed in a safe cell, with 3 Asians,2 BLacks and only 1 South Sider ( Sureno). Later that night they fired every kind of grenade they had into the cell block. Concussion, Flash bang, tear gas you name it. Everyone who wasn't black or Hispanic was moved to the 2400 block safe zone.

2. My friend E getting a life sentence, for killing the guy who killed his brother
When i was in Chino State Prison i made a really good friend named E. He was an Uso, popular jail name for Samoan. Anyway, we were cellies for a while then we both got moved to a 40 man dorm. Things were going pretty good until this one day when a new guy moved into the next dorm down. E started acting wierd as soon as he saw the guy but he never said anything about it. He started calling a lot of people daily, from what i overheard standing next to him ( I had to stand guard incase someone tried to stab him when his back was turned.) He was planning on doing a lot more time. He was telling his family to cancel all the plans they had..etc. The rec. yard cycle is such that 2 dorms are released at the same time onto the yard. Every combination of dorms has it's time together. I realise now that E was just biding his time until they released us with that guy from the next dorm over. About a month after that guy arrived we had yard together.

Me, E and the Asian crew walked toward the usual hangout spot on the yard, a wall below the gun tower. All the while E kept looking at the gun towers, he seemed nervous as hell. I couldn't understand what was going through his head at the time. We had almost got to the spot when i see E stop dead in his tracks and stare at the guy from the other dorm about 50ft away from us. I'll never forget what he said next " That piece of shit killed my brother, This'll be my strike out, f**k it, It's worth it". Me and two others try to grab him, but a 6'4" 400lb Samoan isn't the easiest thing to stop. We saw E charge at the guy, pull out a small shank. It was a sharpened tooth brush. The guy didnt even see it coming, until it was too late. E grabbed him around the neck and started stabbing at his face as hard as he could. The alarm sounded, the familar "All inmates get down, or you will be shot" came on through the loud speaker. E didnt get down, he just kept stabbing the guy, who I'm sure was already dead. His body was limp. 10 Guards rushed over and sprayed mace all over E, he still didnt stop, they fired tasers at him, Which brought him down. He still had the strength for a few more stabs before a guard cracked him over the head with a baton. That was the last I ever saw of him. E was a 2 striker, which meant any felony would've given him a 3rd strike and a mandatory life sentence, not only did he get his third strike, he killed someone in the process.

Usually this stuff doesn't happen. The CDC is pretty thorough about keeping enemies away from each other. But i guess this one slipped through the cracks. And he got killed because of it.

I've seen a lot crazier shit than this go down, but this is what stands out in my memory the most.

Edited by ridemyjansen, 03 September 2008 - 09:53 PM.

#58 i want a silvia

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:01 PM

:o :o :o :o :o

#59 spio

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:38 AM

wow, reading this is even better than watching prison break

#60 SDEWYZ

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:26 AM

man talk about a conversation starter. Congrats on makin it through ur time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!