Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

- - - - -

Just moved back to Sydney from Los angeles 

859 replies to this topic

#61 haikii

• Car:180sx

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:42 AM

Should think about doing a blog or some sort similar ay. Not just because of the crazy experience but really, i think you have a way of writing ay.
Just an idea is all cause i reakon you'd get a decent amount of readers.

In regards to uni have you called up the any Uni's or even better UAC?

UAC is the Universities Admissions Centre in case you didn't know. Early round applications are closing soon September 30th. You'd need to get in before that otherwise you'd have to pay a late entry fee.

#62 marioman

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

imo you should write a memoirs. would be a very interesting read.

shotgun using the best seller book money to build a drift track in the eastside melbourne :P

ppppwnt

#63 *BoostOnTap*

• Car:93 180sx, 1.5 way, coilovers, 190rwkw

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

once again man, very good read
u could write a shitload more and i would read it

#64 JohnnyJizm

• Car:180SX

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:24 PM

Just don't mess with those hardcore Amish gangs :

#65 Mittenz

• Car:180sx CA18

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

^^^^ fail

#66 MeZ

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

deffs tell more when you can
this is the most exciting thread going around
do the Espano crew say hey essay alot? hahaha

#67 Slidin.....S15

• Car:S15

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:26 PM

yeah man would love to read more....glad to hear your back in Sydney and in one piece

#68 Bucket Of Pie

• Car:RPS13

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:39 PM

Nice work on the safe return to Australia, all you have to do now is put up with the muzza that all think they are hard...

#69 whiteballz

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Glad your on australian soil man. You have a very fluid writing style, Very good writer indeed.
I'f you ever get the urge, Come to a meetup - would be good to meet you.

Speaking of prison - I'd get raped for sure :|

#70 BillyE

• Car:Nissan 180sx

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

View Postwhiteballz, on Sep 4 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

why? because your a homosexual and want it willingly?

#71 StockS13

• Car:Nissan Silvia S15

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

good story bro. i read the whole 3 pages. very interesting to hear what it's like. well done!

#72 karl_b

• Car:R32 gts 4 door

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:44 PM

View PostBillyE, on Sep 4 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#73 maniacdrifter

• Car:S13 Silvia

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

View PostBillyE, on Sep 4 2008, 06:29 AM, said:

rofl

#74 sixteenshots

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 04 September 2008 - 05:17 PM

Yeah definitely a good writer man, crazy stories too, i would definitely read a weekly blog haha

#75 ridemyjansen

• Car:06 350z enthusiast

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the compliments on my writing and well wishes on being back here guys. It's nice to finally feel a warm welcome someone. The usual welcome in Prison is " Whussup homie, who you running with?" lol. Regarding the writing, It was kinda forced upon me. The only type of classes they offered in jail were english classes and the library consisted almost entirely or proper English usage books. A year and a half is a long time, and almost everyday I was writing something or other. Wrote a lot of poems, a lot of f**ked up songs, i wrote hate letters to Judicial officials that i never actually sent away, wrote some short stories etc. Strangely, Jail's a really good place to go if you want to be able to concentrate 100% on learning something. It's probably the only positive bi-product of incarceration.

View PostMeZ, on Sep 3 2008, 09:45 PM, said:

deffs tell more when you can
this is the most exciting thread going around
do the Espano crew say hey essay alot? hahaha
Man, you have no idea. It gets said atleast 5-8 times in every sentence. Either "Ese" "homes" "homie" or "pero"- which means Dog.

View PostBucket Of Pie, on Sep 3 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Nice work on the safe return to Australia, all you have to do now is put up with the muzza that all think they are hard...

Hahahaha, It's funny to see how much of a front they put on and to know they have nothing behind it. Hollow hardness is pathetic as hell in my book.

View Postwhiteballz, on Sep 3 2008, 10:28 PM, said:

Glad your on australian soil man. You have a very fluid writing style, Very good writer indeed.
I'f you ever get the urge, Come to a meetup - would be good to meet you.

For sure on the meet up bro. I'm staying with my Mom's old friend in Rooty Hill right now. I don't know anyone here so it'll be good to meet new ppl. PM me or something man.

As for prison rape. You probably wouldn't. I mean, It's a pretty easy thing to avoid. I was one of the smallest guys in Prison 5'8" 160lbs, but as they say " It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, It's about the size of the fight in the dog". If anyone tried that shit on me i would've caught a murder or attempted murder case. To me, Honor and pride are worth dying for, but that's just my opinion.

So for some more post Prison experiece stories. Uhm, acutally the strangest things to get used to again are some of the smallest. I remember on my flight back I didn't even properly remember how to use i knife anymore. When i unwrapped the the eating cutlery, i instinctively hid the knife in the pouch in the seat infront of me. lol. Took me a second to realize that I could actually have it and not be arrested for contra-band. Another small but hard thing to get used to were door nobs. Sounds stupid, but i hadnt turned a door nob in over a year, and the novelty of it had me intrigued for a second. I got to my Mom's friends house in Rooty Hill and just marvelled at how i could actually control the door and the lock and i could walk out of it at any time . No more waiting for a guard to let me out. To you guys this probably sounds wierd as hell, and looking at it from a civilians perspective now it seems weird to me too. lol.

By far the hardest thing to get used to was privacy. In prison there is NO PRIVACY AT ALL. The toilets haave no stalls and are in plain view of everything. God, I could never get used to the embarrasment of having to use the bathrooms right infront of female guards. The showers were also completely open. And it felt so good to not have to shower with my back to the wall, and with 10 other guys.

All i can say is that it feels damn good to be free. I gotta live it up before the next semester of school starts, to make up for a year and a half of lost time.

It's gonna shock you guys to hear this, but in retrospect, Chino state prison is regarded as one of the weaker, safer prisons. I just feel fortunate i hadn't gone to the worst prisons in California: San Quentin, Pelican Bay, Calipatria, Iron wood, High Desert and Donovan. If i had gone there i most likely wouldn't have made it out, or if i had i would've had some serious blood on my hands, figuratively speaking.

One example of a California Prison Riot. Blacks vs. South Siders

#76 StockS13

• Car:Nissan Silvia S15

Posted 04 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

dude nice write up again. i see what u mean about getting use to it now. i noticed that your still not use to the Australian spelling of mum yet, lol. keep up with comments. thanks

#77 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:48 PM

been following this thread since u started it, f**king good read. good to see ur back here in Aus, just reminds u of how f**ked up the american justice system is.

#78 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

also can i just ask u, it may seem like a stupid question, but do u take much positive out of the experience? i mean it sounds stupid, but i gotta imagine shit like that would shape u and make u a stronger person.

#79 MeZ

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

that videos hecktik!
all i can think of when i see it is BOOM head shot

#80 Guest_Dan The AlcoPop_*

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

View PostBillyE, on Sep 4 2008, 04:29 PM, said:

Im thinking because he is like me... He wouldnt make much of a fuss and finds it hard to stand up for yourself.

I really hope I dont end up there either :lol: :S

#81 tiger_s13

• Car:s14

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

I havnt only been reading this thread since the start, i been reffering it to mates on MSN and shit for a interesting read.

I really feel for ya man, but i couldnt help but laugh when you said how fun it was to use a doorknob once you were out :lol:

#82 ridemyjansen

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

View Postnisskid, on Sep 4 2008, 03:33 AM, said:

also can i just ask u, it may seem like a stupid question, but do u take much positive out of the experience? i mean it sounds stupid, but i gotta imagine shit like that would shape u and make u a stronger person.

Good question. I think in some ways it's been a blessing. It's given me a completely new perspective about life, I've walked on both sides of the tracks, i Know exactly where one ends up and what my life will be like if i chose to live that way. It's gives me the advantage of knowing all the right roads to take now. It gave me a lot of strength, and strangely enough pride. Although i shouldn't feel proud about going to prison, I'm proud of myself for getting through it. I went through a place that people fear so much they'd actually rather die than go to. I held my own against some of the most violent and dangerous people in California, that may not sound like much to the average person, but it speaks mountains to me.

Then on the other hand. It's been a curse. Prison's designed to break you, period. I didn't break me but it shook me up a lot. I don't know if i'll ever get over what I went through, or if the anxiety will ever go away. Prison's a place that makes you think that, this is it. This is the way my life will be and this is all I'm good for. It's really hard to explain, but plainly said. Prison put's you down. I'm still feeling the effects of it and i'm hoping this will pass with time.

I can't really decide if the positives effects of prison outweigh the negatives or vise versa. Al I can say is that I wish I hadn't gone through it..

#83 ridemyjansen

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:43 PM

View Posttiger_s13, on Sep 4 2008, 04:02 AM, said:

I havnt only been reading this thread since the start, i been reffering it to mates on MSN and shit for a interesting read.

I really feel for ya man, but i couldnt help but laugh when you said how fun it was to use a doorknob once you were out :lol:

haha i know. I laughed about it when i re-read it. It's wierd being free, have to get used to a lot of things. Ah man, when I get a car it's gonna be hell trying to drive manual again. I feel sorry for the Synchro's already.lol.

#84 *BoostOnTap*

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

View PostMeZ, on Sep 4 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

that videos hecktik!
all i can think of when i see it is BOOM head shot

yeah ive seen that vid before, thats a bloody good shot also!!
i saw it on americas hardest prisons but they diddnt show in that much detail!

#85 CroS13

• Car:S15 GT Spec S

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:36 PM

ok well if you live in rooty hill the usual Syd meets are at P6 in homebush, id say maybe a 40min to a hour drive from were you are.

what car are you planning to get? I had a quick go over your myspace and saw what im guessing is a car you used to own in the states? something Z series as i could make out on the steering wheel?

what are you planning on getting? a silvia i assume? (well why else would you be on NS.com right?)

were u a slender build before you went in, then, had to bulk up to help defend yourself from harm and have now come out a tank, or did u just wing it, cause i know a few people who have been to jail over here, but they just recon its cause there is nothing else to do exept gym so they all bulk up.

on a simmilar topic, what is the name of that newish comedy movie out about the guy who is scared and bulks up before going to jail and then runs the joint, supposed to be funny a mate was telling me but i forgot the name..... anyone?

#86 JohnnyJizm

• Car:180SX

Posted 05 September 2008 - 01:26 AM

I remember one of my mates got out (well I didn't actually realise he was in at the time until he was just about to get out), and he kept having double helpings of dessert for about 2 months afterwards. He seemed to go back to normal (no anxiety) after about 3 months. For the first few weeks he was very sensitive to any slight dispute, so he had to keep away from his hard headed sister. The funniest thing was hearing him mimick all the conversations, as he is very good at mimicking other peoples voices, he even fooled my mum on the phone once pretending it was me. Someone smashed him in the head with a cricket bat in low security when he was asleep and tried to stab him, he turned at the last second and it got him in the arm instead of the heart, he then proceeded to thrash seven shades of shit out of the bloke. The next day, all previous naysayers and friends of the other guy said his name and nodded when they walked past him. He's a regular family guy now. We were watching a movie not long after he got out, "Getin' Square", he reckons at certain parts of the movie the whole jail would have yelled out. For example, if there was a Sunday night movie on and the "bank robber" got away from the cops or similar situations, you'd hear everyone yell out from the cells at the time of the escape or whatever, depending on the movie.

#87 SDEWYZ

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:02 AM

Man honestly i think you should write a book about your experience. I always keep coming back to this thread to see if you have written anything new. Just from your writing style it really makes me wanna read more and more

#88 *BoostOnTap*

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:13 AM

^^
same here
its good to read casue hes spelling is perfect and hes writing is v. interesting
its like reading a prison diary from a writer thats book has been published!

#89 s14

• Car:180sx Type X

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

View PostCroS13, on Sep 5 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

on a simmilar topic, what is the name of that newish comedy movie out about the guy who is scared and bulks up before going to jail and then runs the joint, supposed to be funny a mate was telling me but i forgot the name..... anyone?

That movie is "Big Stan" with Rob Schneider.

#90 MADGT4

• Car:JZS161 Aristo

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostSDEWYZ, on Sep 5 2008, 08:15 AM, said:

Man honestly i think you should write a book about your experience. I always keep coming back to this thread to see if you have written anything new. Just from your writing style it really makes me wanna read more and more

Im the same

I keep checking back to see what else has be written.

Its seriously an incredible story and if you were in SA you'd be welcome to roll with us when we head out!

Either way welcome back to Australia and enjoy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!