Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Drifting quitters - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

- - - - -

Drifting quitters 

92 replies to this topic

#61 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

my trip cost me about 7-8k for 2 weeks. 2400 on a basic ceffy, 1500 on tyres, 1400 on flights, then hire car, fuel, food (ate out at least once a day) and stayed at the lodge

#62 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

2 and 1/2 weeks for us this time, $800 on fights, $1100 in accomodation for 2 and a 1/2 weeks, $220 each for hire car, $3200 for car and PV support, $1600 on tyres, And then spending money. Which i'd rather have more of just in case

#63 blingcommander

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

def going to need more tyres man. allow for new fronts as well if you havent already

#64 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Fronts are brand new Feddy 595s bro. $1600 is already x8 pairs.. Monday-Thursday prac.. Then Matsuri. Stupid exhcange rate

#65 blingcommander

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

too easy on the fronts. you will go through 2 pairs of tyres a day easy

#66 The New Guy

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

No one put extra money aside for Hookers? Haha

#67 Slippery Gypsy

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

^^ Illegal in Japan.

Need to find places that sell something and its an added bonus.

#68 Simon-S14

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

its illegal everywhere pretty much but that doesnt stop it does it ;)

#69 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

when i go if i dont bang asian twins itd be a wasted trip. f**k eibusu. haha

#70 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Booze & Hookers 1, Drifting 0.

Next up, Amsterdam.

#71 tsurikawa.

• Car:Sileighty

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 07 July 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

too easy on the fronts. you will go through 2 pairs of tyres a day easy

That depends how you drive, unless your talking about his car in particular.

#72 blingcommander

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

mine was a stock rb20 (had a cat back) and i don't use the handbrake much. don't think you could get more conservative than that.

#73 tsurikawa.

• Car:Sileighty

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Mine was boosted up R33 with way too much camber. Generally I use one to one and a half pairs and I didn't usually bother flipping the tyres.

#74 blingcommander

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

fair enough, kriss had pretty much the same as you and was going through tyres heaps quicker than i was. i raised my car for less camber

#75 (Locky)

• Car:kouki s14

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Spin and pin

#76 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostSlippery Gypsy, on 08 July 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

^^ Illegal in Japan.
lol, it's about 10x easier to get a hooker in Japan as it is in Aus, they walk around in the city asking you constantly, it gets to the point where it's just f**king annoying having to tell tricks and pimps to f**k off.

#77 nisskid

• Car:R32 4dr, C33 & A31

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

as far as tyres, it depends how you drive, i get away with a few pairs for the whole weekend, chalking, harry handbraking, high pressures and not letting your shit cool down is why so many people go through tyres, if you "drift" and not just powerslide you'll go through f**k all

#78 MoJizzy

• Car:Silvia S14A

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 25 June 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

you still have a better record/more days than me :/

i know 2 that have given up in australia, and only take trips to japan to drive. kinda makes sense in a way. considering once you have the car there, the amount you spend to do 3-4 drift days here would get you a week there with easily 3-4 times more track time.

A guy I work with did that 2 months ago. Bought an s13 drifter and its stored at this race track with multiple tracks. You pay em like 50 bucks a month and they look after your car. They have a mech shop were they work on cars and you pay an entry fee daily depending on the tracks you use or day/night. Reckons way cheaper than doing it in australia and way more track time. That must be ebisu, i think he said it was.

Edited by MoJizzy, 27 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#79 _R_J_K_

• Car:Zenki S14

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postnisskid, on 27 July 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

as far as tyres, it depends how you drive,

This is true. The weight and power of your car also contribute a fair bit. Some guy with a JZX100 was asking me to compare, he was going through heaps, but a friend of ours with a stock powered 180 was struggling to get through his stack.

#80 brent47

• Car:jdm 15

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

I had a pair of 235 45 18 somethings ($90 per tyre specials) that lasted a whole dry weekend at Winton, I was amazed as we took another 4 brand new federal 595's over for the event.
Simple 200kw's S15 so I'd put it down to low powered s-chassis, hard Tyres and no bum drags making for a cheap interstate drift trip (even not having the 4 extra on the roof of the tow car could have saved us aswell)

Unfortunately big power really does mean big expense

#81 .JD

• Car:not tellin

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

sold up and started racing road bikes, can go alot more places once u start getting quick, more fun, faster, better rush, sorta cheaper apart from tyres, but hurts alot more when u crash
still want a decent car eventually, but i'll prob sell it a few months down the track and buy more bikes

#82 .JD

• Car:not tellin

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

View PostMoJizzy, on 27 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

i know 2 that have given up in australia, and only take trips to japan to drive. kinda makes sense in a way. considering once you have the car there, the amount you spend to do 3-4 drift days here would get you a week there with easily 3-4 times more track time.

A guy I work with did that 2 months ago. Bought an s13 drifter and its stored at this race track with multiple tracks. You pay em like 50 bucks a month and they look after your car. They have a mech shop were they work on cars and you pay an entry fee daily depending on the tracks you use or day/night. Reckons way cheaper than doing it in australia and way more track time. That must be ebisu, i think he said it was.

that track is some magical mystic place called "ebisu"
no one knows if it really exists or whether its a japanese myth

#83 MoJizzy

• Car:Silvia S14A

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Post.JD, on 28 July 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostMoJizzy, on 27 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

that track is some magical mystic place called "ebisu"
no one knows if it really exists or whether its a japanese myth

Maybe it was called Jebi se?

#84 Strewth01

• Car:180sx

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Post.JD, on 28 July 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

sold up and started racing road bikes, can go alot more places once u start getting quick, more fun, faster, better rush, sorta cheaper apart from tyres, but hurts alot more when u crash still want a decent car eventually, but I will sell it a few hours down the track and buy more bikes
Fixed to better represent what will actually happen.

#85 sus023

• Car:ra23.....

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

I have taken a break from it. Only did it for fun anyway.

But now I'm overseas in Europe been here almost a year. About to move back home and buy a house and get back into it. But just for fun few drift pracs.

I don't have a powerful car anymore and want to have fun on the cheap. Found that's the best and most enjoyable way.

Later

#86 garage-13

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

i was drifting 04-08, dont really miss it ha
actually more broke now
dats lyf

#87 Bloke

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Welcome back.

#88 Harry

• Car:S13 SR Onevia

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostLucas., on 25 June 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

So last night I was in my shed tidying up and looking and my broken drift car.

The cost to get it back on track would cost just under 2k

But once on the track ill need to fork out trailer hire entry petrol etc etc, everyone knows the costs.

I'm saving for a house and building up my dream 4x4 so find little money or motivation to build it.

Has anyone else made the choice to give in drifting? I mean I wouldn't get f**k all for my car so it's not worth selling . I've done enough drift days to say I'm a confident driver and really just wanted to try enter one main event.

But after the weekend I went camping with some quads and motorbikes and if anyone has driven a 450 quad you'll know you can get the exact same expirebce of drifting at 1/5 the price.

Discuss
I know where you are coming from, soo many ways too look at this. long story short, im addicted

View PostLucas., on 25 June 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

So last night I was in my shed tidying up and looking and my broken drift car.

The cost to get it back on track would cost just under 2k

But once on the track ill need to fork out trailer hire entry petrol etc etc, everyone knows the costs.

I'm saving for a house and building up my dream 4x4 so find little money or motivation to build it.

Has anyone else made the choice to give in drifting? I mean I wouldn't get f**k all for my car so it's not worth selling . I've done enough drift days to say I'm a confident driver and really just wanted to try enter one main event.

But after the weekend I went camping with some quads and motorbikes and if anyone has driven a 450 quad you'll know you can get the exact same expirebce of drifting at 1/5 the price.

Discuss
I couldn't think of not owning an import full stop. Drifting is too addictive. i love quads/ATVs but unless your driving it off a cliff with a parachute, how can you get close to the excitement of drifting, ( slight exaggeration ) i think alot come into this though. Obviously if you have a medical emergency, thats priority over drifting. Is it drifting itself you are over? Or all the other bull shit that comes with the territory/ tyres,entry fees, trailer hire,not having a track closer than 1hr away. I can't afford drifting all day err day/ so i dont but when i do, i feel a million bucks richer.

#89 Lucas.

• Car:Toyota 4 runner

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Just the money side. It cost a f**king fortune. I have a house now and in always working away so money goes other places and very time I look at the car I just think I spend sooooo many hours only to spend more hours on it

#90 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

Ultimate spam bump batman !

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!