Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
corona conversion - Hardtuned.net

corona conversion 

10 replies to this topic

#1 9sec_sli80

• Car:Nissan S14 S2

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

hey guys,

I am currently gathering stuff together to do a full over haul on my old corona.

I have looked into different options and have come down to the engine combination being the part that has stumped me.

after looking through this:

http://www.infrastru...1jan2011_v3.pdf

keeping in mind, the car currently runs a missfire with a 3 speed auto
weights in at 1060
1060x4=~~ 4 ltr NA
1060x4=~~ 3 ltr turbo

while keeping this car street legal, I don't want to own another turbo car, my s14 has been too much of a headache.

my question is, I have contemplated the 1uz (sticking with the toyota family) however, while wanting to also keep it retro i guess, I want to run individual carbys as well as extractors etc. does any one know, if this would even be legal, I know the engine would be, due to being the 4ltr NA however, more so retro fitting carbys to a fuel injected engine.

the other option, 13b, but I just think that it wouldn't provide the requirements I have.

any help would be awesome, or even an idea on a better engine of choice that I could think about.

#2 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

1uz running carbies would be a massive headf**k.

i'd look into a 1gr-fe v6 out of a hilux.

#3 just_learning_import

• Car:Nil

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Im currently in the process of doing the same thing , I did my research , and have gone with a SR20 with silvia engine mounts as they fit straigh up . instead of going with a standard turbo , i looked into other inductions , so Im now going to run a SR20 with a sc14 super chager wth clutch drive , this way when I want i I can use it and whenits not needed I dont have to , the price was really good at 275 , so it allowed it to be a reasonable option . The SR20 also bolts up to the toyota gearbox , but you may want to look at the steel case for strength as from memory the other wont hold up to long .

Also with the SR Conversion you will need custom gearbox mounts and tail shaft
Hope this helps

Ive opted for ST141 Wagon , SR20 with super charger , 1 and half inch lower with modified holden springs and larger sway bars
215 rear with changed offset on standard steel rims and hub caps and 205 front , the car has louvers in the rear wich I plan to keep
as for paint Just Alpine White and window tint :
and have sourced a 2 and half inch super quiet exhaust as well wich will dump just behind the rear bumper with a piece of standard pipe welded to come out the rear Posted Image

Edited by just_learning_import, 16 November 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#4 blingcommander

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

what the actual f**k

#5 snwfek

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 16 November 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

what the actual f**k

X2

haha can't stop laughing

#6 EnFlaMEd

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

View Postjust_learning_import, on 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Im currently in the process of doing the same thing , I did my research , and have gone with a SR20 with silvia engine mounts as they fit straigh up . instead of going with a standard turbo , i looked into other inductions , so Im now going to run a SR20 with a sc14 super chager wth clutch drive , this way when I want i I can use it and whenits not needed I dont have to , the price was really good at 275 , so it allowed it to be a reasonable option . The SR20 also bolts up to the toyota gearbox , but you may want to look at the steel case for strength as from memory the other wont hold up to long .

Also with the SR Conversion you will need custom gearbox mounts and tail shaft
Hope this helps

Ive opted for ST141 Wagon , SR20 with super charger , 1 and half inch lower with modified holden springs and larger sway bars
215 rear with changed offset on standard steel rims and hub caps and 205 front , the car has louvers in the rear wich I plan to keep
as for paint Just Alpine White and window tint :
and have sourced a 2 and half inch super quiet exhaust as well wich will dump just behind the rear bumper with a piece of standard pipe welded to come out the rear :)

Posted Image

#7 just_learning_import

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Whats so funny ?? I wasnt hijacking the thread , was simply saying what would work and what parts do the job and a little bit of my own project

#8 blingcommander

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

your serious, i thought you were taking the piss :lol: SR20 bolts up to the toyota gearbox? tiny ass supercharger?

#9 SKIDZ

• Car:corona

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

I had a 1jzgte st141 corona i would do it again given the chance most fun car ever !

#10 just_learning_import

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

yeah Im serious , The SR20 produces more torque than the 2 ltre that is standard with the ST141 , I had a budget of 3500 because since havng a bad knee injury Im not working and it was money from selling my boat , this was nothing more than a time filler doing the corona as a bit of a stock daily for me

The SC14 super charger produces 10 psi with out hassle and is suited for 1.6 to 2 litre applications , it will work quiet well with a switch located on the throttle body so only works when heavy throttle is used , these sc14's are a commonly use on v6's and seem to work quit well .

as for the sr20 bolting to the toyota box is common place I think the W85 toyota box is a perfect match ( will need to double check I think ) ,if the nissan 5 sp is used then custom gearbox mounts will need to be used along with a custom tail shaft and I dont have that budget .

Im not building a drifter or monster street car ,with the way the new rules are going ,you will need to undo alot of mods on street cars to get them registered . Im just bilding a little fun daily .

If I have done or said some thing you disagree with , then with your knowledge simply put foward your ideas , but no need to belittle some one based on there ideas and budget .
This forum is for those with experience and those who dont and we are all equal , no one is better than any one else , there will be some thing one person knows and the other doesnt and visa versa

Edited by just_learning_import, 19 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#11 EnFlaMEd

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

I would be surprised if a w58 bolted straight up to a sr20. I haven't heard of it before but I don't know any better either way,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!