Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
A fully optioned stock 180sx type x with all its body kit intact will be worth 30k in 5 years. - Hardtuned.net

A fully optioned stock 180sx type x with all its body kit intact will be worth 30k in 5 years. 

type x 180sx rare
7 replies to this topic

#1 s15rocket

• Car:180sx type x

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:15 AM

Fukkkk these things are getting rare now. Especially one with a sunroof.

Btw I'm not talking a "type x" with half its factory body kit missing, I'm talking about a fully optioned unmolested type x with all its genuine parts intact that has been well looked after that has -

- Factory plastic side skirts (2 pieces). None of this fiberglass chit.
- Rear factory wing.
- Rear pods and valance.
- Front bar
- Type x seats

Just try sourcing any of these parts (especially rear pods and side skirts) and you will be lucky to find any and when you do they are selling for a $500 US.

If you have one of these cars with these genuine parts hold onto it for as long you as can because their price is going to go up rapidly in the coming years.

Took me 2 years of fairly regular searching to finally find one that I wanted. They're almost non-existent in Japan now as well so importing is not even an option anymore.

Edited by s15rocket, 08 December 2016 - 12:20 AM.

#2 Sparky_S13

• Car:200sx s14a

Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

Don't know where you got 30k from in 5 years but there's not doubt they are going up.

Badly want a Type X next but not for the reason of appreciation.

#3 Varvs

• Car:97 180sx Type X

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

I dunno, the ones that are on the market arent really moving.

but then again i wouldnt part with mine for any less that the others are advertised for.

the problem is you have plenty of type X imposters out there who have done the cosmetic stuff. sadly that is good enough for most.

#4 shobotan

• Car:RPS13

Posted 08 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

I didn't realise sunroofs were rare in a type X. When I was looking for mine it was hard to find one without a sunroof.

#5 s15rocket

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostSparky_S13, on 08 December 2016 - 01:36 AM, said:

Don't know where you got 30k from in 5 years but there's not doubt they are going up.

Badly want a Type X next but not for the reason of appreciation.

In Australia, the minimum price for a decent condition type x is now is 12k - 18k and rising depending on the condition.

View PostVarvs, on 08 December 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

I dunno, the ones that are on the market arent really moving.

but then again i wouldnt part with mine for any less that the others are advertised for.

the problem is you have plenty of type X imposters out there who have done the cosmetic stuff. sadly that is good enough for most.

Which ones? They're aren't any for sale right now. Edit: I just checked gumtree and carsales. There is only 1 type x for sale at the moment and its missing parts of the body kit and its selling for 14k. The decent ones that get posted get sold within a week. I saw a nice one on carsales about 2 weeks ago and it was up for a 3 days before it got sold.

View Postshobotan, on 08 December 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I didn't realise sunroofs were rare in a type X. When I was looking for mine it was hard to find one without a sunroof.

Very rare mate. I'd say only about 20% of type x have a factory sunroof. Its rare even in non type x models. For some weird reason its more common in CA18 models of 180sx. SR20 models it seems rarer.

Edited by s15rocket, 09 December 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#6 liambrm

• Car:1993 180sx

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

my 180 sr20 has the factory pop up roof are you saying that is rare?

#7 Lyly Buddi

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Already 30k to import one

#8 s15rocket

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:41 PM

Lyly Buddi, on 17 February 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Already 30k to import one

For a good one yeah definitely.

I inquired with a few well known Jap car importers here in Australia about my chances of getting a nice type x with factory sunroof and they said, just finding a nice type x PERIOD was near impossible let alone one with a sunroof. They are super rare in even Japan now. Its down to the dregs now. Most have been imported overseas to various countries. You can still find them but be prepared to pay $$$$$ for a new one.

Best chances are to buy one within Australia now. But a good one doesn't come up that often. Maybe 1-2 every month at the most and they sell FAST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!