Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Weight training help - Hardtuned.net

Weight training help 

20 replies to this topic

#1 SXDCTR

• Car:Ford Focus XR5 turbo

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:43 PM

I've just come in to possesion of some whey protein powder and i was wondering:

1) how many times a day i should have it? and when i should have it? (i wanna be big)
2) can i use it to replace meals like breakfast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
Tahir

#2 LANO

• Car:Nissan 200sx S15

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:56 PM

Morning Meal: Take in between 30-60 grams.

Between Meals: Take in between 30-60 grams.

Pre-Exercise Meal: Using proteins that are mostly isolates will digest the fastest. Take protein in at least 60 minutes prior to exercise to allow for full and proper digestion.

Post-Exercise Meal: Using protein blends after exercise is best

Before Bed: Take in between 30-100 grams, depending on your duration of sleep and ability to digest protein.

But again everyone will have different openion, this what best works for me and from waht i read.

#3 sixteenshots

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

^^^^^^^^ are you sure??? the recomended amount for average person is .8 grams per kg of body weight. The recomended for elite athelete's is like 1.5-2 grams per kg.
i canntr immagine needing as much as dude said.
If you are eating a normal diet, 3 doces of preotein would be sufficient i'd think at 2 heaped teaspoons each time being when you wake up (as protein gets depleted during sleep) after exercise (body is recovering from muscle tears hence needs protein) and before bed (once again sleep depltes protein & we recover most in sleep etc).

taking too much protein is useless, it just gets excreted and can f**k the liver as it cant synthesize that much and creates to much uric acid/ammonia (i think)

haha this shit is helping me study for my sports physiology and sports nutrition finals, keep them coming hahaha.

#4 LANO

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:41 PM

View Postsixteenshots, on Jun 23 2006, 12:19 AM, said:

^^^^^^^^ are you sure??? the recomended amount for average person is .8 grams per kg of body weight. The recomended for elite athelete's is like 1.5-2 grams per kg.
i canntr immagine needing as much as dude said.
If you are eating a normal diet, 3 doces of preotein would be sufficient i'd think at 2 heaped teaspoons each time being when you wake up (as protein gets depleted during sleep) after exercise (body is recovering from muscle tears hence needs protein) and before bed (once again sleep depltes protein & we recover most in sleep etc).

taking too much protein is useless, it just gets excreted and can f**k the liver as it cant synthesize that much and creates to much uric acid/ammonia (i think)

haha this shit is helping me study for my sports physiology and sports nutrition finals, keep them coming hahaha.

I am 100% sure .8 grmas that is nothign even in normal protein drink that you can purchase from 7-11 it has 30 grams of protein....

#5 SXDCTR

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:43 PM

^^^^hes right protein revival is 30 grams however sixteen shots said .8grams per kg so i weigh 72 i should tak in 57 grams each time

#6 LANO

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:45 PM

oh and no you cant use it to replace the breakfast.

View PostSXDCTR, on Jun 23 2006, 12:26 AM, said:

^^^^hes right protein revival is 30 grams however sixteen shots said .8grams per kg so i weigh 72 i should tak in 57 grams each time

No you shouldnt use 57 grams as that is 2 much its recommended to take prox 30 grams taking any more or 2 much will not make any difference.

#7 SXDCTR

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

so ill take 30 grams then :D

thanks for all the help

#8 LANO

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:56 PM

View PostSXDCTR, on Jun 23 2006, 12:32 AM, said:

so ill take 30 grams then :D

thanks for all the help

also just coz you take protein you want go big you need to work hard for it and lift heavy and push you self .... i hope you know that.

#9 180_mph

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:20 AM

To be honest, before you start on "how many grams of this and how many grams of this", get your diet right. Protein drinks should supplement a good eating plan. As Lee Priest said:

"I've never made this bodybuilding thing very scientific. The more scientific you make it, the greater the chance for screwing up. If you stick to the basics, you can't go wrong."

Ps. Why do you feel the need to start the 11tieth billion thread on weight training and not just post in m&m's one?

#10 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:56 AM

It should say how much to take on the tub...

And I found protien shakes are best when mixed in with nutrigrain....when I was doing weights last time I got so addicted to nutrigrain..I was having it like 2-3 times a day (mixed with protein ofcourse)

Another good thing I noticed that helps with muscle repair is blood flow..so take fish oil too and when your muscles are sore the next day lightly massage it to help blood flow and it will feel so relaxing

#11 andrewau

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:45 AM

30g after workout

#12 SXDCTR

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

View Post180_mph, on Jun 23 2006, 01:03 AM, said:

To be honest, before you start on "how many grams of this and how many grams of this", get your diet right. Protein drinks should supplement a good eating plan. As Lee Priest said:

"I've never made this bodybuilding thing very scientific. The more scientific you make it, the greater the chance for screwing up. If you stick to the basics, you can't go wrong."

Ps. Why do you feel the need to start the 11tieth billion thread on weight training and not just post in m&m's one?

i didnt post in m&ms thread coz its to cluttered and i wanted to find out asap

#13 m&m

• Car:Silver Evo 7

Posted 23 June 2006 - 10:52 PM

Post up what else your eating and then we can tell you if you need to supplement your diet with protein.Your protein requirements will depend on what excersise your doing,so without knowing how you train or how you eat,its impossible to answer your question correctly.

By the way,I eat between 300-350gms of protein a day,only skinny guys have .8 per kg of bodyweight.Whey protein is useless before bed,casein is your friend.Have your whey in the morning while waiting for your porridge and straight after a workout.

If you had posted in my thread I or someone else that has been following and knows the answer would have helped,anyway,what was the rush,does the expiry date say 24.6.06.

#14 BLOWN_ENGINE

• Car:Nissan Skyline R32

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:34 PM

protein powders dont work. Especially the tablets, amino acids etc. Its so expensive.

#15 yipp-e

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:36 PM

lol, if you ever want to shit again dont use it 3 times a day...

#16 MAD180

• Car:Nissan 180SX

Posted 26 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

View PostSXDCTR, on Jun 22 2006, 11:56 PM, said:

can i use it to replace meals like breakfast?

i wanna be big

hahahah :no:

If you want to be big you should be eating 6 clean meals per day, and incorporating protein powder with your breakfast and lunch, then have a shake before and after you train.

Thats a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery general description also....

#17 lowriderfalcon

• Car:ED Falcon, Nissan Silvia S13 CA18DET

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:31 PM

i think around average if you wanna be big is to have double your weight (kg's) in grams of protein.

so for example im 75kg so i would have 150g's per day

#18 sr180

• Car:Nissan 1996 180sx.

Posted 26 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

View PostBLOWN_ENGINE, on Jun 25 2006, 10:47 PM, said:

protein powders dont work. Especially the tablets, amino acids etc. Its so expensive.

Just having 3 protein shakes a day isnt going to get you massive....

However, working your arse off in the gym, and not consuming protein, you wont get massive either.

View Postyipp-e, on Jun 26 2006, 01:49 PM, said:

Now thats completely untrue.

#19 xsrpm.com.au

• Car:S13

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:35 AM

View PostMAD180, on Jun 26 2006, 04:28 AM, said:

View PostSXDCTR, on Jun 22 2006, 11:56 PM, said:

can i use it to replace meals like breakfast?

i wanna be big

hahahah :no:

If you want to be big you should be eating 6 clean meals per day, and incorporating protein powder with your breakfast and lunch, then have a shake before and after you train.

Thats a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery general description also....
^^^^^
Portein help's with muscle development when u work out @ the gym u tear your muscles & u have protein to helps them rebuild to after excerise(protein is best after gym when u are sore), u can replace meals with protein:(if u are trying to loss weight) try to have 6 big meals per day aswell so u can mix it up with protein and food not just protein (dont skip breakfast if u want to be bigger just add protein to breakfastl as said above.

ps if u want to be bigger u will have to tear your muscles every gym session in order to grow(tearing your muscles=sore muscle after your work out) so when u tear your muscles they have to rebuild them self and if u are not sore that means u didnt push the muscle hard enough = no growth (what i mean by pushing your muscles lift weights un till u cant lift it any more :D :D if u follow this basic structure & you will bulk up i hope this helps

#20 yipp-e

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:29 PM

View Postsr180, on Jun 26 2006, 07:27 AM, said:

View PostBLOWN_ENGINE, on Jun 25 2006, 10:47 PM, said:

Just having 3 protein shakes a day isnt going to get you massive....

However, working your arse off in the gym, and not consuming protein, you wont get massive either.

View Postyipp-e, on Jun 26 2006, 01:49 PM, said:

Now thats completely untrue.

yes, your right. completly untrue... because we are all the same and it never happened to you so clearly it wont happen to anyone else.... :P

#21 m&m

• Car:Silver Evo 7

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

Lack of fibre binds you up,not excess protein,I would be looking elsewhere in your diet for your problem,sr180 is actually correct,how do I know,I've had up to 7 protein drinks a day for 4 weeks on end,as well as my fibrous vegetables,no problem at all.I'm not saying you didnt get constipated,its just you got the cause wrong,hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!