Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Supplement Reviews - Hardtuned.net - Page 9

Supplement Reviews 

supplement review
250 replies to this topic

#241 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

View PostNPR33, on 04 September 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

You're honestly wasting your money on the majority of these supplements. They are just expensive stimulants, and are all pretty much the same.

I keep a tub of the Bulk Nurtrient pre workout caps in my bag and down them only if I'm feeling really flat, the caffeine and B vitamins do give a good energy boost.

At $39 bucks for 120 tabs they will last me 6 months.

Sorry to bump such an old thread (especially such a useless one) but does anyone know which caps npr is talking about. I can't tell which ones he is talking about on the Bulk Nutrients site.

I don't think they are particularly common, but I am after a pre-workout supplement in capsule/pill form (doesn't have to be from BN). Not a test booster or anything, just a wake me up for the odd times I'm feeling flat. Something with stimulants / caffeine etc. Would be really convenient to have capsules in stead of carrying around a tub and shaker.
cheers

#242 SRS13

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

They sold them until a little while ago but not available anymore. They posted something about a lot of their products were not able to sold in Australia due to some law changes so they pulled those products from retail - most were from the pre-workout section. This was after the 1.3 stuff was banned.

Go buy a little shaker, between 400 and 600ml max or even a bottle with a lid. make sure its dry, put the pre into it and then add water later!

#243 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

ahh yes, can't believe I didn't join the dots - a fallout from the dmaa knee jerk reaction :'(
For now I will just hit up no doz or bring an empty bottle as you mentioned.
cheers

#244 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

There's a protein powder I'm using by mvp called pro whey. Has all kinds of good stuff in it and I use it as a pre and post workout as it gives me nice kick of energy for about 30 minutes.

And it's a good price. $130 for 4.5kg

#245 Wrexy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

And its one small scoop, so it will last ages too

#246 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:56 AM

What's the percentage of protein?

#247 Wrexy

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

48%

24g

#248 steveP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Yeah that's one thing I've tried to improve in the last year, the quality of my protein powder. If you're bulking you can get away with powders that are 40% protein where you can get 5kg for $100. But then you need to take more, and in the end you're not really saving any money.

I now look for powders that are at least 80% protein which is usually a blend of WPI and WPC. I'm currently using Max's SuperWhey which is $140 for 4kg.

Edited by steveP, 05 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#249 Wrexy

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

https://supplementwa...p?ProdID=125370

https://supplementwa...p?ProdID=125742

Price is about the same, yours is 3 scoops, mine is 1.
Also the mvp is designed for use with water, no more milk for me as I need to cut

#250 steveP

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

I just had a look at the serving suggestions on that website and it's really quite random. 3 scoops at once with milk isn't listed anywhere on the Max's packaging or anywhere official. No one would be taking 3 scoops of protein at a time regardless of the brand.

Yours says 24g of the 32g serving size is protein. Which is 75%. The website gives the nutritional info in a weird way.

Milk vs water is also totally up to the person. I think that website is a bit misleading with their info. Good prices though. Like I said, check the protein percentage as that's ultimately why you're taking it.

Edited by steveP, 05 February 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#251 Jokerjar

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

Cheers ill definitely look into the BCAAs and glutamine. The latter helps with recovery right?

I also forgot to add i take a Glucosamine and Chondroitin supplement which ive heard mixed reviews for, but sure its not hurting me. Even if its only mentally, my joints feel less weak in the 6 months or so that ive been taking them.

One thing im unsure of is the best time to take the multivit to get the most out of it whilst training? should i just take it in the morning or would it be more beneficial with the evening meal? The Adams are a 2-a-day vit so i might just take one in the morning and one in the evening.

Cheers for the help.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!