Ok so lately since i went to the 1/8 mile ive noticed on highboost setting on full load in pretty much any gear once the car comes onto boost its been having spark issues, as in sometimes (the problem has been on and off) it will completely cut spark from one of the cylinders and then it'll come back to life and then it might pop and misfire and carry one, then other times itll pull all the way till redline without any issues.
So this weekend i changed the plugs hoping that would sort out the problem, it didnt. So i got onto a mate and we went for a cruise out of town and plugged his laptop onto my link and done abit of a log and just generally checked over all the temp ranges for limits and the timing maps and just pretty much tried to figure out if it was electronic, but also had a good look through how the whole program works and checked out intake temps while cruising, what the engine temp is at, mine apparently sits at around 85-90 degrees (today was a reasonably hot day i think it was around 32-35 degrees most of the afternoon) and my map is set so that on 100 degrees itll pull timing and lower the rev limit, but we had to change that as its starting to get onto summer and im expecting hot as f**k days (40degrees mostly every day out here no bullshit) and 100 degree intake temps aint that drastic, 110 or 120 however i want it to limit VERY early and also pull timing so we left those values alone coz they were already set good, we also put an innovative wideband up the ass of the exhaust and checked out AFR's, all came back very good.
But thats not the only problem, since ive got the car back its been carrying on in 4th gear or 5th gear at WOT (only once boost starts coming on) its been hitting some sort of a limiter. Its been pissing me off pretty badly coz if i want to race someone or do a high speed run or watever it ALWAYS hits this limiter, and it wont break through it, and i havent exactly been tryin too hard to push through it because its a pretty savage limiter and i havent been sure what exactly has been happening when its been limiting if its been leaning out or watever i had no idea, which is the reason we put the wideband on it...
So this afternoon we worked out after about a 4 hour cruise that the KPA map (not sure exactly what its called) has been limiting after a certain speed and boost is reached which has been triggering a fuel cut, so we raised the limit from 275kpa upto 300, but (i dont really know how to explain this too well as im only learning still about this particular subject) the limit of 275 changes as the speed increses, so might be doin 120kmh and the map limit is 275kpa, then as we get upto say 150km/h the limit will drop down to 220KPA and because its dropped yet the boost is still the same roughly 21psi its been tripping out and triggering a fault and setting off a fuel cut, so we changed it to 300 across the whole rev range and went out for a cruise and tried to trigger the fuel cut again and no deal, it seems to have fixed the problem.
So im pretty stoked with that because its been a problem since day dot, however there is still the spark issue, which has progressively gotten worse over the past couple weeks since it first started, so during this week we will put a rev meter on each plug lead and see if the spark matches the rpm and if it doesnt hopefully that will tell me which coil pack is having spark issues. (not sure if this will actually work but im not scared of having a go at life)
I have seperate coilpacks (bosch) that dont sit on top of the engine instead they've been relocated into where the brake booster sits in the corner so it will be easy to change them out, i just dont feel like spending 200 bux on 4 if i can get away with finding out which one is actually the problem child....
Cars. f**king pain in my ass! haha
Edited by DRE20, 02 September 2012 - 11:49 PM.