Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Playing in bands - Hardtuned.net

Playing in bands 

6 replies to this topic

#1 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

Who here has played in/does play in bands?

How do you like it? Does it live up to the expectations you had before you got started? What do you do?

How do you feel about it? Pros/cons?

#2 (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

• Car:R32 GTR, AE71 Rolla

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I played guitar in a band.

Was fun but lead guitar player wanted everything his way.

Started spending money where not needed, when all we needed was just to play shows.

Now starting up another band and in the writing process.

#3 sharkey

• Car:rb25 cefiro

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

I played in a few bands, starts of sweet.
Things started to get serious, got some big gigs, national and international (the black dahlia murder, unearth etc)
It got a bit serious for me and I lost all passion, haven't touched a guitar for years now.
I think all people are different though

#4 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

I've had some bad experiences too. First band I was in was with a guy who wouldn't let anyone else write music or make a decision and he had a little puppet playing rhythm guitar for him, those guys were plain f**kwits. I still made an effort but we never played a show, only recorded a dodgy EP. We kicked out the puppet because he was an even bigger wank than Mr. Control freak then I had a falling out with him and it dissolved.

Jammed and jammed with lots of people over the years and found myself in a reggae band, playing shows, did a recording, didn't really amass any fanbase. Much easier guy to live with but very egotistical, would put me down at times and cheated me out of $$$ (straight up lied). Cya later. Now in a rock band and dealing with a bass player that is a very average player... wants to talk about music rather than play it, doesn't practice AT ALL, just basically wants to be in control of a band and object to everything to make himself feel powerful. Trying to find a replacement now and there's not much around.

I definitely see bands differently now that I've been in one. As negative as that all sounds/is... I still love drumming and creating music so I'm not gonna give up.

#5 sharkey

• Car:rb25 cefiro

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

that is one of the hardest things in a band, there is always strong personalities and it is sometimes hard to hold your tounge haha

#6 (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

• Car:R32 GTR, AE71 Rolla

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

sharkey, on 25 May 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

that is one of the hardest things in a band, there is always strong personalities and it is sometimes hard to hold your tounge haha

+1

Hence why the new band I am starting is with a friend with the same / similar music interest.

Also just being straight up at the start is good so you're not wasting their time and your time.

The drummer is a friend of ours and we told him straight up, we want to play Metalcore / Beatdown.

If you like it then play drums if not, that's cool.

#7 Bloke

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:16 PM

Yeah tried the band experience briefly.

Had a chick fronting the band, doing vocals and a bit of guitar work, a mate on lead guitar, and myself on drums. We were searching for a bassist, but never found one.

My mate and I were pretty easy-going about it all. Happy to learn ALL the songs from scratch, because all she wanted to play were songs that she knew, which were basically Taylor Swift, Nickleback, and some other over-played rock songs. Tried to introduce her to some other stuff that we digged, but she wasn't interested. It was hard playing with her, because she wanted to lead and play at her pace, which was all over the shop.

Gave up in the end. I just jam every now and then.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!