Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
still lifting bruhhh? - Hardtuned.net

still lifting bruhhh? 

20 replies to this topic

#1 Bobo180sx

• Car:200

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

hey guys,

lets bring this section back to life, who still lifts?
hopefully more of us will find more motivation including myself to be more strict with my diet..
what supplements are you taking? protein? preworkout?
future goals?

been lifting as long as i can remember, started out as a 17yr old skinny kid at 65kgs.
Sitting at 95kgs now and looking to start cutting as summer is coming up and need to loose the extra kgs around the waist.
Also looking to join up MMA as i enjoy hitting the bag and is great for cardio and stress relief lol

So far taking Prosupps Whey protein and Dr.jekyll preworkout/pump (need to stop with the preworkout as its not kicking is a hard anymore)

legoooooooooooooooooooo

#2 Sparky_S13

• Car:200sx s14a

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

I been training since February, cant move to Oz without having a beach bod eh?!

3 years ago I was 98kg ripped to the bone then I got a mrs and got fat but surprisingly my weight only increased by 7-8kg but my BF% was nobodies business.

So since Feb I have got down to 90kg(possibly under this now need to weigh tomorrow) from about 106kg.

I am almost happy with my weight now, gonna aim for around 85kg then start bulking up again although I did start back on the weights yesterday as cardio bores the shit out of me.

Currently on a strict low carb diet, scrambled eggs for breakfast, chicken broccoli and other green veg for lunch with fruit, for dinner then I will have some carbs, maybe some sweet potato with salmon or tuna or something.

Currently just taking BCAA's and Omega 3 through the day and some monohydrate creatine tablets after training. However I have true whey protein in the house which I will now be taking since I am back on the weights and aching like a little bitch.

#3 Bobo180sx

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

Sparky_S13, on 06 October 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

I been training since February, cant move to Oz without having a beach bod eh?!

3 years ago I was 98kg ripped to the bone then I got a mrs and got fat but surprisingly my weight only increased by 7-8kg but my BF% was nobodies business.

So since Feb I have got down to 90kg(possibly under this now need to weigh tomorrow) from about 106kg.

I am almost happy with my weight now, gonna aim for around 85kg then start bulking up again although I did start back on the weights yesterday as cardio bores the shit out of me.

Currently on a strict low carb diet, scrambled eggs for breakfast, chicken broccoli and other green veg for lunch with fruit, for dinner then I will have some carbs, maybe some sweet potato with salmon or tuna or something.

Currently just taking BCAA's and Omega 3 through the day and some monohydrate creatine tablets after training. However I have true whey protein in the house which I will now be taking since I am back on the weights and aching like a little bitch.

hahaha @ acting like a B*tch lol i was 80kgs shredded to the bone, i actually thought about competing at one stage but couldn't be bothered as i know i would be competing against some roided up guys, plus all the politics of competing, im more looking at joining up a mma club and still do weights 4 days a week.
Mate if ur coming to oz have to have a beach body lol the beaches here are amazing, u will love it.
since ur from the UK im guessing ur going for Bisping this weekend?

#4 Sparky_S13

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

So easy to jab some gear into you and think your Mr Universe lol

Yea man I cant be coming to Oz like a beach whale haha!

Bisping? Don't know what that is and I deffo wont be there this weekend lol I will be in Oz in December (emigrating)

#5 pmod

• Car:Fruity 180sx

Posted 07 October 2016 - 12:41 PM

I never really posted in this section because I didn't fit in lol. I still train, still lift, but a bodybuilder or powerlifter I am not. I used to be a competitive middle-distance runner, but for a long time now I've just been lifting in the gym for fun, doing gymnastics tumbling and calisthenics.

These days I weigh about 80-81kg (average height ~5'10"/5'11"), used to be reasonably shredded, but currently the six-pack is a little more filled in than it used to be. It's not so bad that chicks don't comment on it and like it, I find that girls have low standards where abs are concerned, but enough that I know that there's a kilo or two to lose for sure lol.

Food: I don't have a diet I follow, but I've always preferred decent food due to my dislike of oil, fat and rich flavours.

Suppliments: Don't take any. I would always forget about protein powder, so I stopped bothering, and there was a time I would take pre-trainer before gymnastics sessions, but I found it didn't present much value. Most "safe" pretrainers are mostly sugar and 5 types of caffeine with an astronomical pricetag, and since I have an extremely high tollerance to caffeine, I never got much out of it.

Goals: In the gym I plan to get back my triple-bodyweight deadlift (used to do 220 when I weight 74kgs), which is a fairly realistic goal. A little while ago I nailed a 230kg with room for more, then the next week I tested a 240kg deadlift, deciding to abort when it was starting to stall above my knees (I didn't know what to expect from the weight). Haven't done a heavy-single deadlift since, but I think with a little prep (or perhaps even using some straps or a belt) I should be able to get there. Beyond 240kg I feel like I would be risking an injury, certainly doing it as I currently am, bare-handed with no belt.

I'd also like to get a 100kg bench happening, because bench is easily my worst lift, and I have no chest. It will be a long road to get there.

As for the gymnastics stuff, well at the moment I'm well off my form, so I'm just trying to get my old tricks happening again. Eventually I'd like to nail a round-off-double-backtuck; I have the height, but my head isn't in the game for that at all.

#6 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:30 AM

I have always wondered what you mean by a 100kg bench, as in are you just doing 1 rep? Or more than that?
How does that weigh up against 3 sets of 10 doing 30kg db chest press?

#7 Goliath101

• Car:99 S14a

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Been lifting for about 14 years, mainly due to playing rugby and lifting seriously for maybe 8 of those.

Had numerous set backs due to 3 knee reco's, tearing my bicep off and other niggling injuries. Took another knock to my ACL this year which set things back, but it's slightly hanging on and starting to get the confidence back in it.

Current lifts:
- Bench 150kgx5
- Squat 220kgx1
- Deadlight 230kgx1
- Bodyweight 118kg

Previous bests:
- Bench 185kgx1
- Squat 240kgx1
- Deadlift 260kgx1
- Bodyweight 107kg

Goal is to get to 110kg bodyweight with similar bench and improved squat/deadlift.

#8 Bobo180sx

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostGoliath101, on 08 October 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

Been lifting for about 14 years, mainly due to playing rugby and lifting seriously for maybe 8 of those.

Had numerous set backs due to 3 knee reco's, tearing my bicep off and other niggling injuries. Took another knock to my ACL this year which set things back, but it's slightly hanging on and starting to get the confidence back in it.

Current lifts:
- Bench 150kgx5
- Squat 220kgx1
- Deadlight 230kgx1
- Bodyweight 118kg

Previous bests:
- Bench 185kgx1
- Squat 240kgx1
- Deadlift 260kgx1
- Bodyweight 107kg

Goal is to get to 110kg bodyweight with similar bench and improved squat/deadlift.

damm man ur huge lol, my best ever bench press was 140kgs and that was when i was bulking like crazy lol, now lifting comfortably 120kgs with no spot, not bad for 95kgs i suppose.
Currently working on lifting my pecks and getting that nice shredded look

#9 Bobo180sx

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 08 October 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

I have always wondered what you mean by a 100kg bench, as in are you just doing 1 rep? Or more than that?

i suppose it depends on what ur going for, power lifters always go for max lift but drop the reps, where i like to smash it out like u said 3 sets of 12reps with less weight

#10 Bobo180sx

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

View PostSparky_S13, on 06 October 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

So easy to jab some gear into you and think your Mr Universe lol

Yea man I cant be coming to Oz like a beach whale haha!

Bisping? Don't know what that is and I deffo wont be there this weekend lol I will be in Oz in December (emigrating)

this lol its ufc
its your countryman
Posted Image

#11 pmod

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:00 AM

I was referring to a one-rep max lift, giving it everything you have; reps are a combination of strength and endurance, whereas a single lift is a pure measure of strength. By no means am I a powerlifter, but it's the same mentality in track running, in which the only time that matters is your fastest one-off-prepped-run time.

I'll also point out that in my case (I assume other people do the same thing), I don't go from zero-max for a lift, I ramp up through some intermediatory weights to warm up for the final lift, such as 10x100, 1x150, 1x190, 1x230.

#12 pmod

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

Obviously for training I do reps like everyone else; it's just nice to do single lifts every now and then to see where I'm at and try to break old PBs.

#13 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

I have always wondered what you mean by a 100kg bench, as in are you just doing 1 rep? Or more than that? How does that weigh up against 3 sets of 10 doing 30kg db chest press?

As a rough guide, I can do 100kg x5 on a good day, but can bust out 30kg DBs x10 quite easily. If you can do 10 reps, you should be able to do 1 rep of 100kg. It's a different feel though. But it's like anything, you will only get good at it if you train for it.

#14 steveP

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

I quite run down on my story. Started like everyone else; started lifting to get "in shape" so girls would like me. Went in circles for about 3 years and didn't really make progress. Got a bit stronger, but didn't look much different. Didn't take diet serious at all.

Finally pushed myself out of my comfort zone and cleaned up my diet. Ate things I didn't want to and stopped eating things I did want to. This forced/motivated me to train properly as well so I wasn't wasting my time.

Got to a point where I was happy with how I looked, and felt fit and healthy. Well fitter and healthier than when I was lazy. However I was too focused on the weights and number. Took a while, but finally realised fitness is more than just spending an hour a day in a gym, and then sitting down all day in an office.

Starting hiking, walking when possible, riding a bike for transport. Overall I feel much more balanced in terms of general fitness. I can hike up a mountain with a weighted vest, rep out chin ups, deadlift 2.5x body weight and go for a 2 hour ride without a problem.

So I thought what next. The hell with it, I'll give competing a go. May as well put all the training to use.

I'm the guy with no hair (on my head). It was gruelling and something I don't think I'll do again. But I can now tick it off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Sparky_S13

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:30 PM

I never got down to my 85kg goal as I got bored of cardio and I have been back on the weights about 8 weeks now, weighed in last week at 90kg so starting to put a little bit of muscle mass back on. 4 weeks ago I was 89.5kg and was highly disappointed with my physique but since then I feel even leaner and look better for it.

I'm on my 3rd week of training high reps. Currently doing 20 reps and 4 sets of 6 different exercises (one muscle group) at half the weight I would do 10 reps. Its ALOT harder and find myself fatigued a lot more in an effort to promote fat burning and get a final rip on ready for when I come to Oz (6 weeks to go :D)

#16 pmod

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostSparky_S13, on 17 November 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

I never got down to my 85kg goal as I got bored of cardio and I have been back on the weights about 8 weeks now ...

Yeah, I find that cardio requires a lot more mental tenacity than lifting weights. I like both, but then I've had a lot of practise doing cardio work, so I'm used to the grind.

If you want to break it up, try doing strength-oriented running training, as it's a lot more diverse and engaging. Hill sprints, running in water with a floatation vest, resistance running (tyre inner tube with ropes attached and someone holding you back), sprint drills over 30m, running in sand, running/sprinting up stairs, etc.

#17 Sparky_S13

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

I will probably get back into a bit of cardio in the new year but yea I tend to do a lot of uphill stuff, high intensity workouts again to promote fat loss

Some good/different exercises there mate will see if its possible to give some a go :)

#18 TN

• Car:S15, S14A

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

just came back to the website tonight. left for 3 years ahaha.. start gyming @ 68kg, currently 78kg.

#19 Bobo180sx

Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

View PoststeveP, on 17 November 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

I quite run down on my story. Started like everyone else; started lifting to get "in shape" so girls would like me. Went in circles for about 3 years and didn't really make progress. Got a bit stronger, but didn't look much different. Didn't take diet serious at all.

Finally pushed myself out of my comfort zone and cleaned up my diet. Ate things I didn't want to and stopped eating things I did want to. This forced/motivated me to train properly as well so I wasn't wasting my time.

Got to a point where I was happy with how I looked, and felt fit and healthy. Well fitter and healthier than when I was lazy. However I was too focused on the weights and number. Took a while, but finally realised fitness is more than just spending an hour a day in a gym, and then sitting down all day in an office.

Starting hiking, walking when possible, riding a bike for transport. Overall I feel much more balanced in terms of general fitness. I can hike up a mountain with a weighted vest, rep out chin ups, deadlift 2.5x body weight and go for a 2 hour ride without a problem.

So I thought what next. The hell with it, I'll give competing a go. May as well put all the training to use.

I'm the guy with no hair (on my head). It was gruelling and something I don't think I'll do again. But I can now tick it off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The kid in the last pic second from the right has a very odd posing position lol

#20 steveP

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:56 AM

Oh, yeah those last shots were snapped during a "pose down". So everyone just doing random shit or transitioning lol.

#21 mr_rbman

• Car:Datsun 1200

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:02 PM

Been lifting on & off for the past 4 years, the last 2 years I've been a little more serious and consistent.
Currently sitting at a bodyweight of 78gs
Current 1RM's are:
Bench: 110kg
Deadlift: 255kg
Squat:175kg

Diet has been experimental over that time.
Currently focussing on calories vs what I'm actually putting in my mouth which has so far yielded the best results.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!