Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
What do you guys eat? - Hardtuned.net

What do you guys eat? 

151 replies to this topic

#1 Rasian

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Hi guys, this is just a question on what everyone eats. im 180cm and 87-89kg kg at 9-10% bf

Because I just pulled out of a comp im not that strict with diet anymore and i havent set up a macro diet yet. But anyways, this is what I have everyday,( varies a little to time dependent on training times).

7:00am -- 10 weetbix and banana/ oats/ 10 eggwhites and 2 yokes/ 6-8 slices of whole grain toast
10:00am-- 100grams rice 425 can of tuna in o/oil and vegs
12:30pm- same as above
3:00pm-- same as above (third one goes down hard, its more like forcefeeding a baby
5:30pm-6:30 w/e my housemate cooks. Usually rice/doughy stuff. He's a thai fella so he's quite inventive lol
8:00pm-- 500grams yogurt
10:pm-- 200grams chicken breast/ 6 weetbix and protein in milk
Before i Sleep- protein shake with milk/ if I buy casein protein then I have that but usually I dont buy it often.

I train 2 times per day, 1 weight training and 1 martial arts. 5 weight training days a week. 2-3 crossfit and 3-4x mauy thai/boxing/mma

Because im doing so much aerobic exercises it's fking so hard to gain weight.

After training I take 40 grams protein, 80 grams carbs, l-glutomine, and creatine. Usually I eat a meal 30 min after I finish shake.

Also, I wouldnt mind you guys giving a bit of recipes advice lol. I only eat tuna cans (without mercury content) because I dont have enough time to make food everyday.
Sometimes when I can be f**ked I make Chicken mince + magi noodle or satay flavoured crap

Edited by Rasian, 11 August 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Rasian

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

OPhh yeh, I take jacks before training sesh sometimes coffee
I also take 1-2 krill oil pills a day, and multi-vitamin
BTW! if you guys have joint pains/ TAKE krill oil pills!!!! I could not tell you how grateful I am to these things. I started taking them start of this year and I just think their the best.

#3 Dr. Cranium

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ditch the yoghurt, eat cottage cheese, switch it to your last meal and have chicken before hand.

Switch the tuna for chicken and add avocado/olives/olive oil for the difference in calories. 425g of chicken will cost you less and give you 125+g of protein and most likely cost less. Swap the rice for quinoa, it's more expensive but has more protein and far less starch than rice (not really a necessity but if you are trying for the best physique every bit counts).

Your diet at night is shocking compared to in the morning and it can be said to be more important to eat correctly in the afternoon/night than in the morning.

I can give you a diet that will make you gain weight no matter what you do, not sure how much money you have to spend on food though. Your diet looks very thrown together and not thought out, if you are training 15 hours a week you need to be perfect with your nutrition.

/my 2c which you can chose to ignore if you like.

Edited by Dr. Cranium, 11 August 2012 - 10:31 PM.

#4 Rasian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Yeh sure lol. Critique away.
I hate eating tuna lol. Tbh I really fking hate it. But I only eat it because it is quick and
Simple. Like 20min to cook rice/veg and clean Up. Rice is barley/basmati rice btw.
Chicken takes me like fling 2hrs to cook and clean up lol.
I wouldn't mind some recipes that take under 20-30min to cook though.
Money wise I'm okay. I work a fair bit and doing uni as you know but time is the problem. I don't have enough hours in a day to do everything. Cheers

#5 Rasian

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:35 AM

As to the thrown together diet. That's why I had to pull out most comps Ive entered coz I just cant get down to stage physique.
I've talked
To a lot of the pro BB in the gym and they've helped me a lot to prep. But this is kinda off season so I'm not 100% sure on what now.

When I was 18 I used to eat a loaf of bread a day for carbs to bulk. Then I realised bread is shit carbs even wholegrain lol.

As to the thrown together diet. That's why I had to pull out most comps Ive entered coz I just cant get down to stage physique.
I've talked
To a lot of the pro BB in the gym and they've helped me a lot to prep. But this is kinda off season so I'm not 100% sure on what now.

When I was 18 I used to eat a loaf of bread a day for carbs to bulk. Then I realised bread is shit carbs even wholegrain lol.

#6 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Cook 3 days chicken and rice and Veg at a time and portion it. takes a bit of time but makes a difference.

preparation is the key! Lots and lots of empty calories in there. a few tweaks and you would notice the difference.

#7 saadn

• Car:JDM s15

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Meal 1- 6-8 egg whites 1 youlk
2 - 300g beef/chicken 120g sweet pot 1/4 avo
3- same
4 -same
5- superwhey 50g 25g cards
6- as meal 1
7- same as meal 6
8-10 whites 1 yellow
f**k ton of fish oil and i take stinging settle. Orange triad multi. Xtend.
Ive just started my first test cycle so usually i only have 2 meat meals.
Oh and i have a whole bunch of veg thought the day

And d aspartic acid

#8 saadn

• Car:JDM s15

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Oh and oats in the morning

#9 IHAVEARODEO

• Car:Ra Rodeo

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

Muesli in the morning.

Tuna in sprIng water cottage cheese and an apple morning smoko

5 salmon sushi rolls for lunch

Tuna in spring water cottage cheese and apple afternoon smoko

Dinner changes but normally chicken and a few eggs or steak and vegies or kangaroo meat and eggs/vegies. Or big serve of ravioli.

3-4l of water a day.

I know it's not the best.

Edited by IHAVEARODEO, 12 August 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#10 DRIFTKID

• Car:Stagea

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Epic bro science thread...

Epic bro science thread...

#11 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:55 AM

Bread is not "shit" crabs.. it I'd carbs.

It's all starch and in a mixed diet the gi and gl don't mean shirt if your healthy and ever rising and getting proper macro and micro nutrients.

1 food source cannot make you fatter then another.

The only difference is phyto nutrient intake and micro nutrient intake between sources.

Starch is starch and must be broken into glucose before it can be absorbed. The body doesn't absorb starch.

#12 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Bread is not "shit" crabs.. it I'd carbs.

It's all starch and in a mixed diet the gi and gl don't mean shirt if your healthy and ever rising and getting proper macro and micro nutrients.

1 food source cannot make you fatter then another.

The only difference is phyto nutrient intake and micro nutrient intake between sources.

Starch is starch and must be broken into glucose before it can be absorbed. The body doesn't absorb starch.

so i can just get my carbs from white sugar instead of fresh veg? And that ent effect my physique? I can just take vitamin supps instead to mare up the micro/phyto nutrients?

#13 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

If you don't care about health then yes.

Explain to me why you couldn't?

#14 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

And white sugar is a polysaccharide made of fructose and glucose where as starch is made of glucose monomers so replace white sugar with dextrose

#15 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Oh wow.

you can't be serious.

Experience tells me the opposite of what you are saying.

Important going to side with bro science on this one?

#16 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

Do you have science to say otherwise?

If your training and eating proper macro and in a deficit please tell me how sugar is going to make you fat.

For the record Michael phelps consumes 1000kcal a day in red bull.

He's so dam fat why can't he eat sweet potato instead!

#17 free_state

• Car:s13 ca18det

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeh change to low fat cottage cheese before bed and replace weet-bix with shredded oats , also try eating some non salted peanuts - I've read they can slow your metabolism down some .

#18 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

If it isn't changing the calories or Marcos then eat difference is that going to make?

#19 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 11:58 AM, said:

Do you have science to say otherwise?

If your training and eating proper macro and in a deficit please tell me how sugar is going to make you fat.

For the record Michael phelps consumes 1000kcal a day in red bull.

He's so dam fat why can't he eat sweet potato instead!

I have experience, don't need the science. This is hurting my brain. someone else can take it from here

#20 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

You have broscience .

The Leanest person I know drinks 2l of fanta a day.

I have experience and science. That cards trumps broscience :)

#21 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

You have broscience .

The Leanest person I know drinks 2l of fanta a day.

I have experience and science. That cards trumps broscience :)

k.

Will just tell all my clients and friends to just eat sugar and chicken.

Im out.

#22 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

Well done you have no concept of context or how to interpret it.

I never said to only eat chicken and sugar.

That is a strawman argument. Something uneducated people pull out as a last card to save their dying .

#23 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

There are no bad foods. Only wrong context for them. The sooner people realize this the sooner we can all be better educated in human nutrition.

#24 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:34 PM

You are just too funny.i was clearly being facetious.

Going around talking scientifically and quoting first year biovhem does not mean you know everything.

Keep spswing forth is cap, and ppeople will keep ignoring you, well i will anyways

#25 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Well I have an advanced diploma and bachelor's health science degree that majored in nutrition.

Also www.leangains.com has some good info for the lay person to read.

Keep eating oats broccolli and chicken because of a false belief that it makes you leaner. When This isn't backed by scientific or anecdotal accounts.

*when

#26 EnFlaMEd

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:47 PM

I usually have a muesli bar in the morning and a redbull or rockstar. Then at smoko I have a hotdog or a chicken burger if they are available. When I get home from work I usually eat some peanut butter toast or crumpets. Dinner is most often a curry, schnitty or pasta. Sometimes Ill have pop corn or chips if I get the munchies after.

#27 Dr. Cranium

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Well I have an advanced diploma and bachelor's health science degree that majored in nutrition.

Keep eating oats broccolli and chicken because of a false belief that it makes you leaner. When This isn't backed by scientific or anecdotal accounts.

*when

and that means you know all?

Im gonna stop here, as this Is going around and around. and im on my phone.

I have plenty of real world evidence that contradicts s whole lot of science.

#28 george.k

• Car:200sx

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

sounds like dribble when i read it... Dkid can u dum it down

#29 george.k

• Car:200sx

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostDRIFTKID, on 12 August 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

*when

sorry must say substituting broccoli and veg instead of brown rice for every meal except pre and post workout has made me leaner + im doing less cardio due to uni
this is my experience only everyone is different.
even the misus noticed last night my love handles are getting smaller :shades:

#30 DRIFTKID

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:51 PM

No it means I probably know more then you though.

How is your real world experience more valid then science plus everyone else's? You sound like a religious nutcase .

Perhaps you should hang the belief system up and research and look into what other people do.

Leangains is a good start.

Good lay article is

http://www.wannabebi...n-clean-eating/

Like I said changing from wheatbix to its is not any deal breaker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!