Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Boys and their Hair - Hardtuned.net

Boys and their Hair 

223 replies to this topic

#1 *EYECANDY*

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

What is it with boys these days and their hair?

Is it just me or do you see them all having dirty overgrown knotty hair?

Mainly the younger guys?

Are we supposed to swoon?

Or am i the only one that doesn't find this hot?

GUYS ARE PERMITTED TO POST IN THIS THREAD!!!

#2 phee

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

I think they are going for that casual metro look and failing.

In america styles are like that at the moment, just look at the Jonus Brothers.

Maybe times are so tight their parents can't afford shampoo and haircuts.

Who knows.

#3 mz_S15

• Car:JDM S15 Spec R

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:56 PM

Ungroomed hair is a BIG turn off.... I like my man to take care of himself.. so the whole "I just got out of bed and really can't give a f**k" look doesn't do it for me.....

#4 aRiella34

• Car:R34GTT

Posted 28 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

THIS has been puzzling me for ages..................

I put it down to the younger generation thinking "it's COOL to be ugly????" .........give me a shaved head any day!!! :P

#5 *EYECANDY*

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Yayyy glad i'm not a pretentious bitch then :P haha

I thought i must have been the only one!

#6 GTiRGal

• Car:Nissan Pulsar GTiR, 200sx Aus delivered

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:00 PM

I agree - guys hair has to be neat and not look like they just got out of bed.

My BF used to pay $60+ to have his hair cut a cappucino and secretly a perve at the hairdressers boobs. But now I cut it home with salon sissors, costs him nothing and as long as he does not look till I'm done he is usually very happy with the same result.

BTW the skinny black jeans just don't do it for me either, I don't understand why a guy should wear tighter jeans than his gf?

#7 mz_S15

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

View PostGTiRGal, on Jan 28 2009, 09:43 PM, said:

BTW the skinny black jeans just don't do it for me either, I don't understand why a guy should wear tighter jeans than his gf?

ME EITHER!!!

I seriously think that guys will buy whatever is in the shops, or whatever a lot of other people are wearing because they think its cool.

My friend and I were just talking (he has a number 2 all over btw and takes care of his appearance) and he seems to think that guys dress and look like this because they feel its what women want... seriously... a woman does not want someone who can't take care of himself!! Geeeeeees boyssssssss :P

EDIT: It would be cool to get guys opinions on this.. we should move it to the normal off topic section... :P

#8 mitch_32

• Car:S13 - VE SS Ute

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

I am said friend, like Jess said I think its a combo of 2 things:

1: A lot of male models have the scruffy look and guys are just as susceptible to advertising as girls are.
2: They don't really care what their appearance is. (I used to be that way)

Pictures for proof :) Don't see it as self promotion though, I see it more as the everyday example as opposed to throwing up a pic of a male model. Don't lose faith Kat ;)

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: group_shot_1.jpg
  • Attached Image: n1449970153_102903_8828.jpg

#9 mz_S15

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, thats pretty much sums it up Mitch... But just remember, part of your job requirement is to keep clean and tidy ;)

If you weren't in the army, perhaps things would be different.

#10 mitch_32

• Car:S13 - VE SS Ute

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

No actually I like it this way and have had nice things said about it :wub:

#11 mz_S15

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

Ah... Just that you said you used to not care :P Thought the army might have whooped u into line ;)

Either way, its fashion.. its what the clothing and fashion industry is forcing down our throats.

A little off topic.. but have you girls noticed that whatever the new craze is, supre seems to make happen. Now, I don't shop at supre but I go in their with some girlfriends on rare occasions. I remember last year they had a "Leave our whales alone Japan" campaign going... I go in there the other day and there are Barack Obama shirts as well as shirts saying "Beached as Bro" or "Thats how I roll"

FFS... Girls need to make their own fashion statements, not wear what supre tries to make fashionable!

/rant

:P

#12 silver silvia

• Car:nissan S15 200SX

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well i thought i was getting old, dam kids with there pants hanging off or jeans that tight you know he stole them off his little sister.

I do think it's all about what they think is cool, but that doesn't mean it is right?

Oh and those slip on shoes that always white i cant stand them.

Is it not ok for a man to be masculine?

No need to post it anywhere else i found it in active posts.

It is good to hear all women aren't after clown's that think they are models.

#13 mz_S15

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

I think a man can take care of his appearance while also being masculine. Personally, I find nothing sexier then a man with good dress sense, nice hair, nice colonge... but I also expect him to be a man..

I guess though, not everyone has the same taste in men, and what I find sexy not every girl will. So these clowns who dress like this must be getting some loving!

#14 silver silvia

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:54 PM

People need to think what they wear is in fashion.

Rich and famous have stylist everyone else either tries to copy or goes with the flow.

Buy and wear what you like.

I love when a women has her own style, and doesn't look like all the rest.

P.S Cloths don't make you hot personality, character are much better after all you take your cloths and that's all your left with.

#15 silver silvia

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

View Postmz_S15, on Jan 28 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

I think a man can take care of his appearance while also being masculine. Personally, I find nothing sexier then a man with good dress sense, nice hair, nice colonge... but I also expect him to be a man..

I guess though, not everyone has the same taste in men, and what I find sexy not every girl will. So these clowns who dress like this must be getting some loving!

Well first one i see tomorrow im going to ask!

So bud you been getting loven since you have been dressing like a clown?

#16 mz_S15

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

View Postsilver silvia, on Jan 28 2009, 10:39 PM, said:

View Postmz_S15, on Jan 28 2009, 10:34 PM, said:

Well first one i see tomorrow im going to ask!

So bud you been getting loven since you have been dressing like a clown?

Ha ha.. I dare ya :P pm me what he says :P

#17 silver silvia

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Ha ha.. I dare ya :P pm me what he says :P
[/quote]

Done and done heading to he local mall i don't think it will be hard to find one of them.

Will let you know

#18 Miss Baby Zilla

• Car:Mk6 Golf GTi

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:29 PM

Soot, when i first read the title of this thread, my response was already decided before i opened the thread, and it was "yes kat, there is male xxx waxing available" LOL

I like guys that take the effort to style their hair and care for it, wether it be long or short. Personally i like it messy but more of a 'just got out the surf' messy, not 'im a dirty lazy prick-face' messy. I love curly mmmmmmmmmmm :P

#19 ~bb~

• Car:ADM S15

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:48 AM

Personally Im still a fan of the good oll short, and spikey up the top haircuts! my boys hair got stupidly long and he just finally got a haircut...yummy :lol:

p.s. i hate emo hair.

#20 Cheddar

• Car:Series 2 Stagea

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

^^ same here. I've never been a fan of long hair on guys. About the longest I'll tolerate is the surfy style Miss B-Z is talking about.

#21 *EYECANDY*

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:43 AM

View Postmz_S15, on Jan 28 2009, 09:55 PM, said:

EDIT: It would be cool to get guys opinions on this.. we should move it to the normal off topic section... :P
I'll allow guys to post in THIS topic only!!! none in the other threads!

View Postmitch_32, on Jan 28 2009, 10:03 PM, said:

Don't lose faith Kat ;)
haha its all good my boy has nice clean cut hair do and shaves regularly! :)

View PostMiss Baby Zilla, on Jan 28 2009, 11:12 PM, said:

Soot, when i first read the title of this thread, my response was already decided before i opened the thread, and it was "yes kat, there is male xxx waxing available" LOL

I like guys that take the effort to style their hair and care for it, wether it be long or short. Personally i like it messy but more of a 'just got out the surf' messy, not 'im a dirty lazy prick-face' messy. I love curly mmmmmmmmmmm :P
hahaha Trust you to think that missy!! lol but thats why i love ya! lol always asume the naughty side!

#22 Biggie

• Car:96' Type X

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:53 AM

[/QUOTE] (mz_S15 @ Jan 28 2009, 09:55 PM)
EDIT: It would be cool to get guys opinions on this.. we should move it to the normal off topic section...

I'll allow guys to post in THIS topic only!!! none in the other threads! [quote]

to be honest.
we are lazy....
i shave my head (no 4 so not brutal) because i cant be bothered having to style or look after hair and because my girl friend approves (although she does miss having some hair to play with from time to time)

but yeah its becoming fashonable to have unruly hair atm.... look at Mr jonny depp

acrtully i blame pirates of the carribean full stop. :D

like so.

#23 Dori_Garu

• Car:Rb sil80 + R34

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:42 AM

shaved head + tattoos = win.

fu*k that metro shit.

if my bf was metro id seriously wanna put my wardrobe under lock and key for the fear my clothes would go missing and all my hair spray would be used up.

I dont think theres anything wrong with someone who puts some thought into what they wear or how they do their hair, if they have any. But its a problem when they spend 5 hours doing their hair, or 5.2 seconds and walk out wearing dirty clothes to match.

Like if there was a metro dude in a 500 million dollar suit who spent 2 hours straigting his hair and used half a can of moose in it. And a traide in work clothes and a beer lol.. id go the tradie anyday. But i have a maaad soft spot for traides lol :wub: :blush:

#24 *EYECANDY*

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:50 AM

Yea i don't want a guys that spends longer than me getting ready.. but i still don't want a guy that looks like he rolled out of bed! I want a happy medium!

#25 clairexx

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:53 AM

Can we post up some pictures of what we are talking about here.

Personally I very rarely brush my hair and it is lucky to get washed once a week. I am not a fan of perfect hair.

#26 aRiella34

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

View PostDori_Garu, on Jan 29 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

shaved head + tattoos = win.

LOL, I hear ya,

#27 Softy

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

I shave my head, i like it short apart from getting sunburn on the scalp at times -_-

#28 aRiella34

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Def not into a guy that spends more time styling his hair then I do, ALSO, it has to be clean NO MATTER WHAT, Ive seen guys with such greasy hair it makes me want to puke there and then!! and then they wonder why they cant get a girlfriend????

PLUS, hair in the eyes is a big NO NO

#29 Softy

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

View PostaRiella34, on Jan 29 2009, 12:17 PM, said:

PLUS, hair in the eyes is a big NO NO

Edd-gtr should take note of this, he has a "bowl cut" :lol:

#30 Dori_Garu

• Car:Rb sil80 + R34

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

yea but if u get sunburnt, then u wear a hat softy... hats are hot... only on some boys.

i could go on forever about what i do and dont like lol

at the end of the day tho, no matter how hot they are if their personality is fu*ked it ruines everything no matter how many chances you give them to clean it up. Ive learnt that the hard way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!