Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Help me choose a powered speaker - Hardtuned.net

Help me choose a powered speaker 

1 reply to this topic

#1 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

My friend is coming to get his guitar amp soon, so I'm going to need something to play music through (in my drum room).

After speaking to a couple of guys, I was convinced I should get a powered speaker.

I can probably decide for myself but I thought I'd throw this out there. These are the two I can get from local small businesses (who I want to support):

Behringer eurolive b115mp3
http://www.behringer.com/en/products/b115mp3.aspx

Wharfedale Titan 12
http://www.wharfedalepro.com/Home/Pr...1/Default.aspx

Some of my musings:

The behringer is a 15" whereas the Wharfedale is a 12". I understand that a smaller sub is more responsive and hearing both speakers I could see they both sounded great and would both be more than loud enough.

The behringer has an mp3 player with a LED display built in so I can plug a usb stick. I don't see myself crawling behind the speaker everytime I want to change track - I will be playing music from my iphone or pc. Still it's a nice option.

The behringer is 415AUD and the Wharfedale is 485AUD.

The guy that sells the wharfedale doesn't have much confidence in the behringer brand, apparently used to stock and hire them but he found them less reliable and servicing them was a bit of a nightmare. He also scoffed at the 1000 watt rating, and said it was probably similar to the 250w rms of the wharfedale. The guy selling the behringer had trouble getting music playing through it so he wasn't able to tell me anything useful really. He was generous with the quote though.

I noticed the behringer had another usb port, although I don't know what use that would be at this stage.

What do you guys think?

#2 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

I got the wharfedale, really happy with it, apart from it being on the bassy side. Cheers though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!