Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Ronnie Coleman 8x Olympia... will he die? - Hardtuned.net - Page 4

Ronnie Coleman 8x Olympia... will he die? 

102 replies to this topic

#91 180GO

Gold Coast, biggest dlck head city in Queensland!

• Platinum Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts
  • Car:180sx (A cool one, cooler than yours)

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:36 AM

I saw him last year on the gold coast and he said he eats 5kg of chicken breast a day not including all the other food he eats. Jebus.

#92 SSSLY

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:57 PM

:o

That is all i have to say

#93 180_mph

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

View PostGHOSTrun, on Sep 5 2006, 02:50 PM, said:

can someone as big as ronnie, change their diet and training, so that when they rtire from bb, they can lose all that/most of the muscle and sorta return to normal again by doing cardio cardio cardio etc etc, put the body in a catalytic state or watever it's called???

Sure can

Here's Levrone before in his BB day's, which was not too long ago at all.
Posted Image
Posted Image

He then wanted to pursue an acting career, so reduced his size by alot in around 1 year or less i believe
Posted Image
Posted Image

And btw Ronnie Coleman is coming down after shortly after the olympia, october or november. I know he's coming to melbourne so i will be there, should be sweet. He wont be in offseason shape aswell which will be cool

#94 JohnnyJizm

• Car:180SX

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:31 PM

I posted that pic of Bob Sapp a while ago.
Before I had actually seen him fight.

He has since been beaten a few times now by mid 90 kg guys that have an awesome knockout punch. He had his rib cracked in one fight and had to stop. I think CroCop was the first to knock him out with a huge left hook. So it comes back to technique and conditioning a lot in kickboxing, but against guys like Bob Sapp, you need the knockout power. You can see some of the fights on youtube, search for Bob Sapp. In a real fight though without gloves ? 170kg is alot of power to get around. If he kept training though and developed better coordination and timing he would of being impossible to beat, but that is an IF at this point, because he went AWOL at his last fight in the Nederlands and his Japanese contract holders didn't take to kindly to being stood up and loosing face. (they have a new giant in Korea's Hong-Man Choi now, 7 foot 2 inch, 353 pound giant, )

Back to topic though, yes he is too big, but hey someone had to do it.

I remember reading a flex wheeler interview when he went over 300lbs and then back down to 260lbs. He said that at over 300lbs, it just wasn't right, he had to sleep in a special position with pillows placed around him. Flex is probably more in tune with his body though and could tell that his heart and organs were working to hard.

I think the BBing judges are rewarding asthetics more now, rather than straight out hugeness, about time too. He usually looks in proportion too.

What happened to GT4shadow ? I miss his posts. I hope he didn't take anything the wrong way. We still love him.

#95 buoy

• Car:RAV4

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

it's like rims. before it was a "race" to see who could get the biggest rims.

first 15 inches appeared in the early 90s, and that was like wow! then 16's and 17's were the norm. Then people started putting 18s and that looked good.

Then 19s came into the picture. Now 20s are everywhere.

With wheels up to 28 inches for larger cars, we've seen over the past several years a buck in the trend. it's no longer just a question of getting the biggest rims out there, cos some rims will look too big its ridiculous!

now, a lot of people are picking a rim size, perhaps 18s, 20s, whatever... and even though there are bigger rims out there, it's not about monsterously big rim sizes anymore, it's gone back to "does this look good on the car?" :)

it will soon happen with dish sizes too. no doubt.

so too in bbing, eventually after people are all over the 'how big can we get' thing, the masses will turn back to 'what looks good on their frame' perspective.

it's just a stage the sport is going through. but once the freaky limits are exhausted and people get sick of seeing what another 10lbs would look like on the big guys, we will start to go back to what looks good instead of what looks big. even though there is a huge correlation between big and good, bigger isn't necessarily better - just like wheel size, dish size, heck turbo size... there comes a point when we will get back to equilibrium because expanding the direction of the trend further becomes wierder and wierder lol.

#96 hazard121

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:02 PM

Very good explanation

#97 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:03 PM

View PostConfusion, on Sep 6 2006, 11:58 AM, said:

ha ha classic. I cant imagine too many chicks would think a 150kg ripped dude is too arrousing. Imagine him on top of them. he would crush them LOL
yea well imagine if he had a heart attack during it - it would be a double death cos he'd flatten the chick too hahahaha

#98 iloveturbos

• Car:GT FORESTER

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

this whole discussion about how mass will make you slower is correct & incorrect from both parties. It all depends on the type of training you are doing strength/speed? i personally dont know how ronnie trains so i cant comment on his speed because i hav'nt watched any of his dvds. But if you have a look at the huuuuuuuge kickboxing fighters they are not slow, its because of the type of training they do which allows them to move and react fast. Hope this clears things out a lil

#99 SSSLY

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

Just on Buoy's point..

Dwayne Wade's '06 Hummer has 30" on it :o

#100 iloveturbos

• Car:GT FORESTER

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

View PostSSSR20DET, on Sep 7 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

Just on Buoy's point..

Dwayne Wade's '06 Hummer has 30" on it :o
Here is the proof

Posted Image

#101 buoy

• Car:RAV4

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

but E=mc^2 ;) the bigger you are, the slower you'll be unless your muscles increase at the square of their size.

In other words, a guy twice as massive will need to be four times as powerful to move at the same speed.

Its a loosing battle - but - notice I did NOT say that negates the speed and ajility of the big guys.... it's just they are fast compared to normal people. But, compare them with, perhaps, a guy who is small AND fast, and then you REALLY see speed. Right? :yes:

#102 JohnnyJizm

• Car:180SX

Posted 07 September 2006 - 05:18 PM

When I first saw Gary Strydom, I thought the we had reached the pinacle of muscle development and that it would be impossible to get bigger than that.

Cut and Burn, Austrian style.

#103 s15_is_sx

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

View Postbuoy, on Sep 7 2006, 02:43 AM, said:

but E=mc^2 ;) the bigger you are, the slower you'll be unless your muscles increase at the square of their size.

In other words, a guy twice as massive will need to be four times as powerful to move at the same speed.

Its a loosing battle - but - notice I did NOT say that negates the speed and ajility of the big guys.... it's just they are fast compared to normal people. But, compare them with, perhaps, a guy who is small AND fast, and then you REALLY see speed. Right? :yes:

Keep in mind though you don't double in mass when you double the amount of muscle you have. I'm not implying that you are saying othewise by the way. Olympic sprinters aren't exactly small for instance. Gymnasts are short but for there size they are huge and clearly highly agile. There is clearly a trade off which leads to the optimum size athetically speaking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!