Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Aquarium Chat Thread - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

- - - - -

Aquarium Chat Thread 

1621 replies to this topic

#61 Megs

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

If I cant even tell the difference between a clam and some coral I wouldnt be any good having a salt water tank! Pretty clam though

#62 Siddr20

• Car:Chaser JZX100

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:36 PM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 15 2009, 04:42 PM, said:

If I cant even tell the difference between a clam and some coral I wouldnt be any good having a salt water tank! Pretty clam though

hahahahah.. well atleast you know now :)

Wait till you see it close.. You know the clam has feet. It can move too!!

#63 Megs

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

Whats the next addition of your set up gonna be?

Does the Clam move much?

#64 Siddr20

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:45 PM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 15 2009, 05:22 PM, said:

Whats the next addition of your set up gonna be?

Does the Clam move much?

Nothing just yet.. so broke hahahah..

Would love to have more corals tho. hmm it moves if it doesn't like its spot. But usually it just moves a few cms every now and then.
Its very fascinating to watch.

#65 Megs

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Thats crazy! Im fascinated and I havent even seen it! I just tried going to the link you sent me with the pics of your set up but the sites down dammit!

#66 Megs

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image

I think this is similar to what Kolin just got

#67 Siddr20

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:01 PM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 15 2009, 05:35 PM, said:

Thats crazy! Im fascinated and I havent even seen it! I just tried going to the link you sent me with the pics of your set up but the sites down dammit!

Thats just one species of clam.. So many others and so many different colours too.. yea i think photobucket site is having a site maintenance or something.

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 15 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

Posted Image

I think this is similar to what Kolin just got
Ah awesome.. cool little yellow fish!!

#68 Megs

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

I just clicked on the first big yellow fish I could find on google....could very well be totally different. But he is yellow so its all kinds of win

#69 Siddr20

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 15 2009, 05:47 PM, said:

I just clicked on the first big yellow fish I could find on google....could very well be totally different. But he is yellow so its all kinds of win
hahhahahah your a classic!!

So when you gonna do a marine setup :P

#70 TougeR34

• Car:R34 GTT

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

one of my tanks is infested with snails.. anyone want these mini mating bastards before i hot-water them down the drain?
need to clean my tanks out and get rid of fish before i change it up.

got 1 sharky thing looking fish 1 guppie which will prob keel over by the time i get home and 2 cat fish... any takers?

#71 pewpewpew

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:16 PM

Does the Clam move much?

post a pic of your clam :lol: :lol:

haha.

we used to have two seahorses and supprisingly they adapted well. they also used to change colour :S lol.

ahh will need to get some pics of my tank soon. added some new fish. decided to stay away from coral after that disaster sid :lol:

recently bought a bicolor angel.

Posted Image

coral beauty.

Posted Image

and now looking to get a powder tang...sick fish and a flame angel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#72 Siddr20

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:20 PM

View Postzohair89, on Jul 15 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

Does the Clam move much?

haha.

we used to have two seahorses and supprisingly they adapted well. they also used to change colour :S lol.

ahh will need to get some pics of my tank soon. added some new fish. decided to stay away from coral after that disaster sid :lol:

coral beauty.

I did post a pic of my clam lol.. dont know how you guys cant see it lol..

Here it is:

Posted Image

Its like the biggest thing in the tank loll..

Oh awesome powder tangs are hectic.. Wouldn't mind one.. or even a purple tang.

I hope your tank is big enough for a blue surgeon. Yea i think my next fish will be a flame angle.

#73 Siddr20

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:21 PM

ahh will need to get some pics of my tank soon. added some new fish. decided to stay away from coral after that disaster sid

What happened??

Go back to corals man.. Best thing ever!!

I will try and take pic of my clam when its closed and post it up!!

#74 Basti

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

i dont think you get the "clam" thing sidd

#75 Furi-S12

• Car:S12

Posted 16 July 2009 - 12:45 AM

the rest of us did :P

does the clam make pearls or not that type clam/enviroment

#76 dorifto-ex

• Car:Nissan Onevia

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

View PostSiddr20, on Jul 9 2009, 10:29 AM, said:

dorifto-ex hurru up and post pics of your marine tank!! :)

Hah fine:

Some pics of my current setup, new bigger tank should be in the works soon. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haha yes, the Sailfin Tang is shitting in the last pic.

#77 letsgodriftin

• Car:Nissan Silvia S13 Club k's

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:51 PM

siddr when my tank went down i lost a clam... flame angel coralbeauty ebili angel couple of clowns a mandarin pair of coral banded shrimp chromis few other corals ... thing that pissed me off even more i didn't get any pics of it when it was runnin at its best hopefully in next month or so i will restock with some fish and some more corals and then i can get some pics up .. do u go on masa.asn.au much mate ??

#78 endlss

• Car:350z/LS1

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:56 PM

View PostSiddr20, on Jul 15 2009, 03:03 AM, said:

View Postzohair89, on Jul 15 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

Does the Clam move much?

haha.

coral beauty.

I did post a pic of my clam lol.. dont know how you guys cant see it lol..

Here it is:

Posted Image

Its like the biggest thing in the tank loll..

Oh awesome powder tangs are hectic.. Wouldn't mind one.. or even a purple tang.

I hope your tank is big enough for a blue surgeon. Yea i think my next fish will be a flame angle.

who has the blue surgeon? i missed that

#79 Megs

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:21 AM

Looks like the fish Kolin have has White Spot or something along the lines of that. Just bought some Medicine for them!

Oh and yeah. That yellow fish isnt the one he has :lol:

I'd love to do a Marine set up but I just dont have the cash for one at the moment, plus I havent done any research and Im pretty clueless. Ill just keep admiring yours

#80 Siddr20

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Brunettebeauty - Take the fish out if it has white spots and put it into a quarantine tank. You dont want other fish to get white spots.. How are you treating it btw? Just curious.

endlss - hmm i dont know someone mentioned it earlier. Or maybe i mis-read it??

letsgodriftin - What happened tho? As in what was the cause of the tank dieing? Thats a big loss. I would be super cut if it happened to me too!! Yup im on masa. Frequent it every now and then.. Use to be on there a lot before i set my tank up. You?

#81 pewpewpew

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:38 PM

i was the one looking to get a blue surgeon

might go shopping tomorro for some more goodies.

#82 Megs

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

The chick at the aquarium sold us something along the lines of "white spot remedy". I wasnt really listening to what she was telling Colin about it though I was too busy checking out other fish. But I know she also told us to turn up his heater. He didnt get the treatment though that turns his water a different colour and Im pretty sure this only cures the white spot. But yeah. Not 100%.

Posted Image Colin just bought one of these lil cool lookin things

#83 Basti

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:47 AM

dunno bout saltwater, but whitespot doesn't like the heat. turn it up to the top of your fishes' tolerability. great thing bout discus is they never get the shit, cos they love 30deg water.

#84 Siddr20

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:55 AM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 18 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

The chick at the aquarium sold us something along the lines of "white spot remedy". I wasnt really listening to what she was telling Colin about it though I was too busy checking out other fish. But I know she also told us to turn up his heater. He didnt get the treatment though that turns his water a different colour and Im pretty sure this only cures the white spot. But yeah. Not 100%.
ahh i see.. let me know how the treatment goes :)

#85 speedy180

• Car:1998 nissan 180sx

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:11 AM

hey guys, just after some advice,

i got a load of 20 neon tetras to add to my tank on the weekend and noticed they have white spot, (yes silly me for not quarantining them first)

so my plan is to up the temp to 30 degrees and was going to add 2grams per litre of salt.

Will this be effective or am i better off buying white spot medication?

other fish in the tank include, pakistani loaches, zebra dainos, and redfin sharks,

will all my fish handle the salt and temp increase?

#86 Mckirdy

• Car:S15 Spec R

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

View Postbrunettebeauty, on Jul 18 2009, 09:55 PM, said:

Posted Image Colin just bought one of these lil cool lookin things

You can cure white spot with a couple of table spoons of salt. Google it. Wont harm the fish in low levels. the Salt dries out the parasite and they die.

#87 HomeDawwg

• Car:Jzs147 Aristo

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

And combine that with the raised heat and you should get rid of it ok. If you havnt already, read up about the lifecycle of white-spot then you will understand it a bit better. But basically the white-spot can only be killed whilst "free" in the water rather than attatched to your fish.

Also remember if you turn the heater up, you should also add an extra air stone or more water surface movement because its harder for the fish to absorb oxygen at higher temperatures

#88 IXnakedXI

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

the stuff i used was called 'rapid white spot removal' and after looking at the ingredients its just formaldehyde and blue dye.

The other fish (electric blues, neons, angel fish and bristle noses) all had a slight touch of white spot, but its gone from them now. Just BFG (that's what I named the big yellow fish) has it now and i dont have a quarantine tank :(

I've turned the temp down to 25 now, as they're not looking too happy and i'll swap some of their water over to rain water tomorrow to dilute the formaldehyde a bit.

#89 Megs

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:21 PM

hahaha....That google picture I found looks nothing like your yellow fish...

#90 endlss

• Car:350z/LS1

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

hey sidd, i was in sydney on the weekend (for three days) and stupidly didnt pm you for your number. we could have one fish shopping :P
so anyway with no-ones advice to check on i didnt purchase anything, only enquired and picked the guys brain till he got sick of me lol

strictly aquariums at blacktown, real nice guy and spent about an hour probly more talking me through some stuff. they have alot of fish and a fair bit of coral in stock aswell. although alot of it was still brown but i assume it would all color up nicely in a well lit tank.

after a while we came to the conclusion that this skimmer would suit my large tank and sump size, and offered me a price on skimmer and pump to suit for about $599. seemed alright to me and price offered on a card for my return. im happy to return to him if its a good deal.

http://www.aquariums...rs/aks_skim.htm

then spoke to someone on the masa forums tonight and they suggested i get this one instead

http://www.guppysaquariumproducts.com.au/p...0/prod_483.html

so now i have no idea again.

with my tank i got a free 4 foot light that hold a single fluro tube and im going to get a blue colored bulb (forgot exact specific name) for it, and also im going to purchase a 4 foot metal halid which was aprox $1100 for the higher spec model he offered me.

then spoke about some live rock and suggested a good quantity for me and also let me know that i should purchase all my live rock to start and not introduce any more after i had finished cycling and added fish to the tank. made sense to me so i am going to purchase about 40kg of live rock and landscape to suit. (aquascape maybe lol?)

forgot to look at return pumps and poweheads but these are both easy.

look at some fish and decided on one purple tang and two blue tang is all ill probly keep, mostly going to get into coral i think YAY! for me :) well thats the end of my rambling... not even sure if there was a question in there lol, owell its late haha

nite everyone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!