Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
United Australian Party - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

United Australian Party 

37 replies to this topic

#1 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

What are everyone's thoughts on UAP and Clive Palmer? http://unitedaustralia.org/policies/

I'm thinking about voting for UAP in the next election.

Labour are hopeless, utterly hopeless, undone 16years of work by the Howard Government.

Unfortunately, not much faith in the current LNP government either though :(
- Eg. Their plan for NBN, what a f**king joke

I think it would be good to see how a capitalist would run the country and the results they could deliver.

The homeostasis of the current government going by their track record is debt. For f**ks sake stop spending and start saving! f**k.

Posted Image

Edited by GHOSTY, 07 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#2 Shakey Bones

• Car:S15

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

not a good idea

http://youtu.be/s7tWHJfhiyo
http://youtu.be/3Y3jE3B8HsE

Edited by Shakey Bones, 07 May 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#3 GHOSTY

• Car:'02 S15

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

^ very interesting

#4 chris_c30

• Car:s14a 200sx

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

I think they would do what needs to be done better than what's going on atm

#5 Toby_2410

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Is anyone else slightly annoyed by the ads saying things like Labor and Liberal are the same and controlled by lobbyists and that's why you should vote for Clive Palmer and the UAP? Seems a slightly weird line to run considering Clive Palmer is pretty much a lobbyist and has been involved in lobbying the LNP for a long period of time and started the UAP mostly because he wasn't happy with the direction the LNP was heading and that they weren't listening to his input/efforts to lobby them.

I'm really not entirely sure who to vote for either though because I don't like the direction the LNP plans to take the country and their policies (the few that have been presented so far) aren't particularly good however the Labor party even though I prefer their policies doesn't seem capable of logically and effectively implementing these policies. It's basically a choice of one group being able to more effectively (not entirely sure the LNP will be that great) head our country in a bad direction or a better direction but incompetent management.

Also the LNP claims that Labor is stupid for getting less money than was predicted don't make any sense because those figures are independent of political parties and come from the treasury department and it's largely natural variability and inaccuracy of predictions that they got less than was predicted and the LNP under Howard got more than was predicted rather than anything specific either party has done. They're all pretty shit really :wacko:

#6 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

Anything run like a business can't be good for the general public. :)

#7 Lucas.

• Car:Toyota 4 runner

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Why would anyone vote Clive Palmer.

First thing he would do would be allow over seas workers longer visas and anything else to increase his profits

Edited by Lucas., 08 May 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#8 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Clive Palmer is insane and those policies on the page are pretty rubbish.

Sure it's all well and good to say "oh we'll get rid of lobbyists" and "abolish carbon tax" and generate "mineral wealth"... with their magic wands? No details; populist but baseless policies...

LNP and Labor cop a lot of flak for good reason but they're still functioning, effective governance bodies and that's far more important than idealistic policies :P

#9 Chappy

• Car:2009 V36 370GT Sedan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Regardless of your reservations about Liberal or Labor, there is no other party in this country that has even the slightest chance of winning the election.

All the Liberals have to do to win is show up because Labor's popularity is completely in the toilet.

You can either choose to vote for a losing party or partake in ousting a shitty government (and possibly the installation of another one).

Edited by Chappy, 08 May 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#10 Datsun240z

• Car:240z

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

This came up as an add when I was on youtube the other day. However like all of these small parties all that really matters is whether they preference Liberal or Labor.

FUTURE PARTY

#11 level_100%_warned

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostGHOSTY, on 07 May 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

What are everyone's thoughts on UAP and Clive Palmer? http://unitedaustralia.org/policies/

Labour are hopeless, utterly hopeless, undone 16years of work by the Howard Government.

Unfortunately, not much faith in the current LNP government either though Posted Image

I think it would be good to see how a capitalist would run the country and the results they could deliver.

The homeostasis of the current government going by their track record is debt. For f**ks sake stop spending and start saving! f**k.

I'd rather lob off my balls so I don't have to bring up children in a world where people like Clive Palmer, Bob Katter, etc get into politics...

What did John Howard do??? Sit back in his comfy chair and watch the mining sector do all the work... while the economy was growing to the unrealistic point to which a blind person could have seen that the shit was about to hit the fan he did not have the slightest thought that it can perhaps be profitable to marginally increase taxes on mining companies for the purposes of infrastructure projects, etc. Instead we are riding on a deficit that he in no way prepared for... I find it laughable that the LNP can actually lecture the current government about economic management

While he was in power he created: some of the most oppressive migration laws in the western world, created anti terror legislation that practically takes away everything but your right to life without even the need to have reasonable proof, never even considered ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, demolished most peoples rights to be a member of a workers union, introduced oppressive industrial relations laws the list goes on and on and on... The Howard Government was terrible... All governments in recent years have been terrible... only good thing John Howard probably did was introducing gun control law...

Edited by level_100%_warned, 08 May 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#12 Cooper

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postlevel_100%_warned, on 08 May 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

View PostGHOSTY, on 07 May 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

Unfortunately, not much faith in the current LNP government either though Posted Image

I'd rather lob off my balls so I don't have to bring up children in a world where people like Clive Palmer, Bob Katter, etc get into politics...

What did John Howard do??? Sit back in his comfy chair and watch the mining sector do all the work... while the economy was growing to the unrealistic point to which a blind person could have seen that the shit was about to hit the fan he did not have the slightest thought that it can perhaps be profitable to marginally increase taxes on mining companies for the purposes of infrastructure projects, etc. Instead we are riding on a deficit that he in no way prepared for... I find it laughable that the LNP can actually lecture the current government about economic management

While he was in power he created: some of the most oppressive migration laws in the western world, created anti terror legislation that practically takes away everything but your right to life without even the need to have reasonable proof, never even considered ratifying the Kyoto Protocol, demolished most peoples rights to be a member of a workers union, introduced oppressive industrial relations laws the list goes on and on and on... The Howard Government was terrible... All governments in recent years have been terrible... only good thing John Howard probably did was introducing gun control law...

I have to strongly disagree with your last point, how exactly was it such a good thing? You complain that he took away your freedoms but then applaud when he took away shooters freedoms. Seem hypocritical to me.

#13 brent47

• Car:jdm 15

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I personally don't have a problem with the firearms people are still able to obtain... Basically around the Port Arthur massacre occurance Semi and Full Automatic weapons were figured to be unnecessary to own as a civillian..

So hunters are still fine with rights, and we don't have the problem like America do with people getting used to owning these weapons and THEN having to try reduce the numbers once everyone was comfortable with them.

GST was alright aswell, 10% on everything makes my worklife easier.

#14 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

View Postbrent47, on 09 May 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

I personally don't have a problem with the firearms people are still able to obtain... Basically around the Port Arthur massacre occurance Semi and Full Automatic weapons were figured to be unnecessary to own as a civillian..

So hunters are still fine with rights, and we don't have the problem like America do with people getting used to owning these weapons and THEN having to try reduce the numbers once everyone was comfortable with them.

GST was alright aswell, 10% on everything makes my worklife easier.
There were a number of things promised around GST though. Firstly, a reduction on income tax.

#15 Chappy

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

While he was in power he created: some of the most oppressive migration laws in the western world,

If i can be stuffed when i get home i might address the rest of your post (probably not) but i'll just point out that the Labor Government tore down those 'oppressive' migration laws and look what happened. We now have tens of thousands of refugees languishing in camps, hundreds dying at sea and thousands of fake refugees exploiting the overwhelmed system.
The end result is lucky un-desirables getting into the country while genuine refugees are forced to wait even longer and our tax dollars are being sucked into a refugee budget that is spiralling out of control.

You will likely find that Gillard's current system has resulted in more death and suffering than Howards ever could have.

#16 brent47

• Car:jdm 15

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

+1 ^

The fact in your sig has pissed me off ever since you added it, I see alot of it aswell in my line of work.

Granted living to Australia > given every cash/living benefit possible > can't be bothered working but has 5 kids since arrival > tell us they don't like our ways.

#17 level_100%_warned

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostChappy, on 09 May 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

While he was in power he created: some of the most oppressive migration laws in the western world,

If i can be stuffed when i get home i might address the rest of your post (probably not) but i'll just point out that the Labor Government tore down those 'oppressive' migration laws and look what happened. We now have tens of thousands of refugees languishing in camps, hundreds dying at sea and thousands of fake refugees exploiting the overwhelmed system.
The end result is lucky un-desirables getting into the country while genuine refugees are forced to wait even longer and our tax dollars are being sucked into a refugee budget that is spiralling out of control.

You will likely find that Gillard's current system has resulted in more death and suffering than Howards ever could have.

I was in no way trying to suggest that the current ALP government is doing a fantastic job.

The ALP at the moment, even Australian Parliament for that matter has AIDS... Political parties are too obsessed with obtaining popular support, they worthlessly gossip about some guy who decided to use his union credit card to pay for a squeeze instead of talking policy, they are trying too hard not to piss off rich lobby groups and to also not piss off Jabba the Hutt (Gina Rhindhart)...

Only thing I have to say to ALP is: Grow a pair and run this f**king country... (by that I mean don't run it into the ground)

To the LNP: Quit being a bitch that you lost the last election by the narrowest of margins. Grow the f**k up, quit trying to destablise a stable government to either cause and early election, or, cause the independents to withdraw from their current arrangements, and talk the talk and show us how your policies would be "better" that the current ALP policies...

till then I'm voting for f**king no one... and I am certainly no going to vote for a fat slob like Clive Palmer, who earns millions of dollars and complains that he pays too much tax... he does all this while flying around in his private jet and by having a bank account and a property portfolio that rivals a Saudi monarchs...

sorry but I am really cynical about politics... probably still wont vote anyone even if they got their act together :lol:

Edited by level_100%_warned, 10 May 2013 - 01:27 AM.

#18 pyro

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

If you hate the rich for being rich, you instantly never aspire to be rich yourself.

#19 Fire_Child22

• Car:S14a 200SX

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postlevel_100%_warned, on 10 May 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

I was in no way trying to suggest that the current ALP government is doing a fantastic job.

The ALP at the moment, even Australian Parliament for that matter has AIDS... Political parties are too obsessed with obtaining popular support, they worthlessly gossip about some guy who decided to use his union credit card to pay for a squeeze instead of talking policy, they are trying too hard not to piss off rich lobby groups and to also not piss off Jabba the Hutt (Gina Rhindhart)...

Only thing I have to say to ALP is: Grow a pair and run this f**king country... (by that I mean don't run it into the ground)

To the LNP: Quit being a bitch that you lost the last election by the narrowest of margins. Grow the f**k up, quit trying to destablise a stable government to either cause and early election, or, cause the independents to withdraw from their current arrangements, and talk the talk and show us how your policies would be "better" that the current ALP policies...

till then I'm voting for f**king no one... and I am certainly no going to vote for a fat slob like Clive Palmer, who earns millions of dollars and complains that he pays too much tax... he does all this while flying around in his private jet and by having a bank account and a property portfolio that rivals a Saudi monarchs...

sorry but I am really cynical about politics... probably still wont vote anyone even if they got their act together Posted Image

hang on... you said you wont vote, then why are you getting your nickers in a twist?

removing your right to vote, you remove your right to a political opinion.

Edited by Fire_Child22, 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#20 skedy

• Car:180sx

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postpyro, on 10 May 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

If you hate the rich for being rich, you instantly never aspire to be rich yourself.

Most people dont hate on rich people because they have more money. they hate on them because they act like self entitled wankers.....

Clive Palmer is spending mega bucks building the Titanic again. he is using chinese cheap labour to do it. if he ended up in govt he would probably outsource every public service job we have too china....

as for the gun laws that Howard changed i think they worked for the better. a hunter doesnt need a semi or full auto too shoot a roo, fox, pig etc.

Edited by skedy, 10 May 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#21 Chappy

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Postskedy, on 10 May 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

as for the gun laws that Howard changed i think they worked for the better. a hunter doesnt need a semi or full auto too shoot a roo, fox, pig etc.

Exactly.

#22 pyro

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postpyro, on 10 May 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

Most people dont hate on rich people because they have more money. they hate on them because they act like self entitled wankers.....

Clive Palmer is spending mega bucks building the Titanic again. he is using chinese cheap labour to do it. if he ended up in govt he would probably outsource every public service job we have too china....

That's not true at all. Most people hate the rich because they feel a sense of entitlement, minus the need to put the work in. Ie, they hate the rich for being rich when they're not.

If Clive Palmer outsourced the lot to China, it'd probably instantly be done cheaper than what we have now. Which way do you want it? Cheap, quick or good? Pick two.

#23 Datsun240z

• Car:240z

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

View PostChappy, on 10 May 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Exactly.

If you are a professional hunter or shooter you can still get semi-auto firearms. Also almost every pistol you cad get with H class is double action aka semi-auto.

#24 Chappy

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostDatsun240z, on 11 May 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

View PostChappy, on 10 May 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Exactly.

If you are a professional hunter or shooter you can still get semi-auto firearms. Also almost every pistol you cad get with H class is double action aka semi-auto.

Except pistols are less accurate at range, harder to rapidly acquire moving targets, have a smaller charge and smaller magazine capacity.

#25 level_100%_warned

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostFire_Child22, on 10 May 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Postlevel_100%_warned, on 10 May 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

sorry but I am really cynical about politics... probably still wont vote anyone even if they got their act together :lol:

hang on... you said you wont vote, then why are you getting your nickers in a twist?

removing your right to vote, you remove your right to a political opinion.

this is a picture of Joe Hockey with his mouth open... your argument is invalid...

Posted Image

#26 newbien

• Car:Toyota

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

i dont think ANYONE who has a Commercial interest should ever be allowed to run for office...

clive cocksmoker palmer said that one of the first things eh plans on doin gif he gets elected is to "abolish carbon tax, and pay back the money already paid by companies from carbon tax"...he then goes on to say that he has no interest in making money...

get f**ked you tool

#27 Chappy

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Talking about the possibility of Clive Palmer becoming PM is even more dumb than the Greens winning the election.
It is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

#28 Fire_Child22

• Car:S14a 200SX

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

I'll remind you all that this is the same chappy that said EA can't possibly stuff up Sim City :P

#29 pyro

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

:lol:

#30 Chappy

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

:lol: touche!

In my defence, i said "there is very little they can do to ruin it" i didn't say they couldn't.

In this case they took what little they could do and used it to the highest effect possible.

Edited by Chappy, 12 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!