Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Guitar stuff - Hardtuned.net - Page 3

Guitar stuff 

276 replies to this topic

#61 BADMENTON

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

That looks rad. I just bought a MesaBoogie Dual Rec Roadster head and Stiletto cab.

strummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#62 Ryan_RB

• Car:Nissan Stagea, R32 Skyline

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

View Postlilandonaki, on 22 July 2009 - 11:01 PM, said:

that, i wouldnt have a clue. i know that Epiphone is a sub-branch of Les Paul, so they have the LP style guitars.. My electric is an Epiphone Special II

As I understand it Epiphone is the sub-brand of Gibson, makes the same stuff, cheaper. I have been out of the loop for a few years, but pretty sure it is different factorys, and often the same quality/sound. few years ago some people werent to happy with the difference between their gibson and epiphone lespauls for the money, but the gibsons would be a lot nicer now IMO. My brother has a gibson SG and an epiphone SG, both are a few years old, the epiphone was a great starter guitar, but the gibson is something you would keep, the sound is better etc, quality is similar. Old mans les paul is a gibson, has lasted well.

for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epiphone

#63 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:02 AM

Hey boys.
Got my girlfriends step dad's Fender Stratocaster full pack up for sale.

http://www.nissansil...howtopic=440756

#64 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:35 PM

My friend is selling a Nuno Bettencourt signature guitar, I think he only wants $300 for it. It's a few years old but he only got it last year. I think it was sitting out the back of a music store for years. pm me if ur interested.

#65 Shark

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

In Melbourne for those interested. (Can ship at buyers expense)
Got my ESP-LTD MH400 up for sale. Realllllyyyyyy wanna sell it, because I need the cash to buy a laptop :)

http://www.nissansil...howtopic=436440

#66 BADMENTON

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

Yeah bitches. Pimpin since i been pimpin since i been pimpin

Attached Image: photo.jpg

New pups to come for the Amber Cherry axe .

Its not all vanity, I just really dig this guitar.

#67 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Both Eclipse right?

What pups are you going for? Sticking with actives or changing to passive? (Recommend passive - I had a D-activator in the bridge & PAF Pro in the neck, was a beautiful combo!)

#68 martin_HR31

• Car:HR31 Skyline

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

right, now that ive been getting back into playing hard, im saving money for my next 3 guitars lol.

In no particular order:

Fender Start classic 60's
Fender Telecaster standard
PRS Santana signature (or the slightly pleb SE Snatana model) <-- i reckon this will be first

Im such a hoarder of shit, i love to have variety in my collections and i hate getting rid of shit lol

#69 BADMENTON

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostBennybear, on 05 June 2010 - 03:13 PM, said:

Both Eclipse right?

What pups are you going for? Sticking with actives or changing to passive? (Recommend passive - I had a D-activator in the bridge & PAF Pro in the neck, was a beautiful combo!)

yeah both eclipses.

will definately be going passive. Toying with the idea of getting a sustainiac neck pickup and some di mazario or seymour duncan for the bridge. No rush right now... no cash...

And I'll list the two other guitars I would love to own
hell here is a pic of the LP
also some kind of 10 top PRS. these will have to wait.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 42063_l.jpg

#70 martin_HR31

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

^ that is f**king mint

im definately getting PRS next, just gotta sus out which one. Orianthi Panagaris has her own signature PRS now too, i quite like her sound, reckon i'll look into it

#71 Pervy

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

haha you love Orianthi :P
I just wish she did guitar solo work on her albums. Instead its just pop crap that sounds like Hilary Duff :(
She could be the female version of a Steve Vai and Joe Satriani.

#72 ShimaShadow

• Car:1993 180sx

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

figured it was about time i chucked my guitars up on here.

first of all here is my main guitar, it's an Ibanez Jem that i bought about 5 years ago that plays like a dream. it's got chips here and there because i don't treat it like a little princess. but thats also the way i like my guitars, the chips tell stories and make it look a bit different from every other jem out there.
Attached Image: IMG_2664.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2665.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2667.JPG

this was my first electric guitar, i bought it of a friend with a practice amp for 100 bucks, it's a Behringer starter guitar, and you'd probably think it would sound like sh!t, but it actually has one of the most perfect strat tones i've heard and is a load of fun to play. it was originally a black guitar, but one day i covered it in white sticker labels to make it white and also to give it a finish that would show it's wear and tear a bit more. bridge has been blocked.

Attached Image: IMG_2671.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2674.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2676.JPG

i think it was BennyBear who was talking about getting a luther to scallop the frets of one of his guitars, f**k that man, do it yourself, granted my dads a carpenter, but with a few chisels, files and i piece of dowel wrapped in sandpaper it's not that hard, and i saw you used a dremel to do that work on your headstock (i reckon it looks mad by the way) if you can do that i reckon it shouldn't be a problem.
Anyway, this is a guitar that i picked up at cash converters about a year ago. occasionally i duck in and sometimes they have some rip off copy pieces of sh!t that actually play alright. this was one of those, which i picked up for $80. the tuners were horrible, but i've ordered a new set and have started to get my Yngwie on by scalloping the whole neck.
i really can't wait to have it up and running, of course it won't be the guitar ill use to play chords and whatnot, but i think it will be a joy to play, mainly for this reason: imagine you have bent up a tone or semi-tone or whatever on any string, after you've done that bend it's usually pretty hard to put any vibrato on the note and if you can it's pretty damn hard to make it sound organic. but when there is no wood under your fingers from the scalloping, you can also achieve vibrato by just pressing down on the string.
im currently stickering this guitar too, and the bridge will be blocked as well,because as you can imagine on a 80 buck guitar, it doesn't keep in tune for shit.

Attached Image: IMG_2679.JPG

haven't finished the upper frets yet

Attached Image: IMG_2682.JPG

and i re-shaped the headstock, so people couldn't tell what brand it was. it's a canora....... let me know if you've ever heard of them... because i certainly haven't.

Attached Image: IMG_2684.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2686.JPG

Next guitar is an Ibanez RG350EX which i've had for about 6 years, seems like it's common for RG's to be the project guitar in this thread hahaha.
the mission for this guitar is LED lights, a lot of them. 2 behind the bridge, 4 around each humbucker, 3 and three shining through a rising sun design that i've cut into the pick guard. i've bought led's that i can change the colour of via a switch that ill be mounting on the front of the guitar. i've also scalloped the top 6 frets of the neck. and the reason i had to cut away so much wood in the back of the guitar, is to mount a battery pack, and a little computer thing, that i don't really understand how, but..... my neighbor who used to design heat guided missiles (sh*t you not) is going to be mounting a miniature microphone somewhere on the guitar, and in combinations with the little computer chip thing, will cause the LED's to change colour depending on the pitch of the note i play.
so if i do a dive bomb with the trem........ it will look sick. very very wanky...... but sick.

Attached Image: IMG_2690.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2692.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2694.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2695.JPG

Attached Image: IMG_2711.JPG

and ill chuck up some pics of the acoustics tomorrow.

Danny

#73 martin_HR31

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

View PostPerverted_S14, on 08 June 2010 - 07:21 PM, said:

I just wish she did guitar solo work on her albums. Instead its just pop crap that sounds like Hilary Duff :(

haha if i wasnt married i would be chasing her down :ph34r:

I think she is an awesome guitarist. If you look up some vids of her playing live, her talent is pretty amazing.

I havent listened to her album yet, just more random shit ive found online. I know what you mean, that "according to you" song is fair Kelly Clarkson spec, i actually thought it was her but when i heard the solo i thought it had to be someone else.

When you have people like Sanatana and Steve Vai cheering you on, you must be pretty special.

Check out a track called "highly strung" which she does with Steve Vai, awesome shit

#74 Bennybear

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Great post mate!

I Spy a Jemini pedal & Morley wah there also - Vai session!

I am still tossing up the scalloping idea - I think it will be from the 12th up if I go ahead with it.

YJM project is an awesome idea - definitely go for the brass nut/Dimarzio pup combo for authenticity; I haven't come across a Duncan single that I like yet.

Martin & Person: shop around before you go for a PRS - they are indeed amazing guitars & I have owned a few but IMO there are some even more amazing instruments out there in comparative price brackets. Check out Vigier, Music Man and the likes - high end & very player orientated.

Person: I would only ever go for an old LP mate, anything pre-1992 should be good but it is really hit and miss. I have only ever had one good LP (1986) and I regularly kick myself for letting it go.

#75 martin_HR31

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:40 PM

with shopping around do you mean spec wise youc an get better than a PRS for the same sort of money?

man i have been out of the loop for like 10 years, only just seriously been getting back in over the last few months

#76 Bennybear

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:44 AM

^It's hard to say - I really like PRS so it wasn't a negative comment but the train of thought is to look at the other high-end makers as well:

I played a Vigier Bumblefoot the last time I was in Canberra and I was blown away by the quality; EB Music Man will always be a favorite; Parker Fly (deluxe & above) are awesome to play and have great tonal capabilities thanks to the piezo setup; Tom Anderson guitars are beautiful and have some great tech advances etc etc.

*Something that isn't expensive and will knock your socks off is the recent range of Charvel guitars (San Dimas, So Cal etc).
They have either Duncan or Dimarzio pups, quatersawn hard-rock maple necks, compound radius fretboard & a real Floyd Rose for $2000!!!!!

The sum of the parts alone is work more and IMO it has one of the best necks I have ever played.

Happy Hunting!

#77 Pervy

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:02 AM

View Postmartin_HR31, on 08 June 2010 - 09:27 PM, said:

View PostPerverted_S14, on 08 June 2010 - 07:21 PM, said:

haha if i wasnt married i would be chasing her down :ph34r:

I think she is an awesome guitarist. If you look up some vids of her playing live, her talent is pretty amazing.

I havent listened to her album yet, just more random shit ive found online. I know what you mean, that "according to you" song is fair Kelly Clarkson spec, i actually thought it was her but when i heard the solo i thought it had to be someone else.

When you have people like Sanatana and Steve Vai cheering you on, you must be pretty special.

Check out a track called "highly strung" which she does with Steve Vai, awesome shit
Yeah I watched Highly Strung the other night when I was looking through her YouTube Channel. Absolute gun.

#78 silslidey

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hey any one played or heard a Bogner Alchemist in person if so whats your thoughts. Just wondering if it could do modern metal ect. Closest dear is 2 hours away some you tube clips sound pretty sweet any info would be great

#79 Bennybear

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Bogner are traditionally high-end boutique amps mate - kind of like a Fender / Mesa voicing.

I haven't heard much about the Alchemist but as far as I am aware it was created as a more affordable line - Great Blues/Rock amp.

What are you looking at? the come in a Combo 1x12, 2x12 and also the head/cab.

#80 pigbait

• Car:180SX & 200SX

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

has anyone come across the el-cheapo gretsch electromatic's. what do you think?
http://www.gretschgu...=&cat2=&q=&st=1

not after anything too special, i only play at home..

#81 Bennybear

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Everything Gretsch makes is great buddy - you can't go wrong (unless you are a hardcore metal head!).

#82 silslidey

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hey yeah im pretty sure they are made in the line 6 factory to make em more budget. I want a a med wattage head like no more than 60Watt all tube which will still be stupid loud. I dont really want a combo as im sure i want be into bands like parkway, killswitch ect for ever so i can mix and match a little. Going to go a 2x12 cab like a enclosed orange or framus. So im thinking mesa solo 50, some kind of engl thunder or screamer and im not sure what else there is also dont want built in effects or a peavey 6505. But also dont want to spend like more than 2 grand on a head

#83 Bennybear

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

Is this for gigging or bedroom play?

#84 pigbait

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

hmmmm i will just have to get round to cleaning up the couple of guitars round here and see what i can get as a trade-in (im not a tightarse, guitar money = < carparts)

#85 Bennybear

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

^ what do you have champ? Anything interesting?

#86 pigbait

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

nah mate, just a std strat with dimarzio in the bridge, 30w solid state marshall, crybaby, metal zone, guvnor and a decent classical yamaha.

i owned all this stuff through high-school and stopped playing right after (~2001) but fairly keen to get back into it now with a slightly different playing style

#87 Bennybear

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

Sounds good - dare you to spend a good two weeks on the classical before you jump back into the Strat :lol:

#88 BADMENTON

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hey Bennybear,

Can we hear your guitar ownership history? Sounds like you have owned a lot of axes in your time.

#89 Bennybear

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

Had a few mate; some for a while and others for a matter of weeks, I either needed money, grew away for them or in the case of my poor Tele: stolen.

Asterisk on the ones I still have...

Yamaha Nylon*
Ibanez semi-acoustic*
Ibanez EX Series*
Fender US Deluxe Telecaster (with a duncan lipstick in the neck - the one that got away) first real guitar I ever owned.
Epiphone flying V
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul
Washburn random super strat thing
Ibanez RG550
PRS SC245 in VAS
PRS SE 22 (thought it had nothing to do with the money, I was wrong :lol:)
Ernie Ball Music Man
Fender deluxe Tele (tried to rekindle the love I had for my first one: failed)
Gibson SG
Tolvanen (what is now called the rapture)
Cole Clark FL1 - destroyed @ airport (came out of case as the were chucking it on the belt)
ESP Eclipse
ESP Snapper Custom*
ESP LTD FX-401SM*

Plans for the next lot are:

Parker Fly Deluxe
Cole Clark FL2
Always on the look out for a Les Paul (if I can find a decent one ((pre 1990)) that isn't $$$)
Some kind of Vai Jem - I know I will hate myself for doing this, Floyd and I never get along.

I only ever gigged for about a year; guitars have always just been a hobby for me. I work hard & I don't put the money into my arm or up my nose so it needs to go somewhere!

#90 martin_HR31

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

duuuuude sif you got rid of the les paul :doh: :P

im actually gonna either trade my Epi LP for a Gibson, and then buy another Gibson, or just put Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2's in it, and buy just one Gibson.

Either way, one will ba a "Slash" guitar, and the other a "jimmy Page" lol

btw played a PRS Custom 22 today = FUKIN SEXFULL

now to find a spare 5k.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!