Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
What headphone do you use? - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

What headphone do you use? 

83 replies to this topic

#31 David.Manca

• Car:180sx

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:19 AM

sennheiser cx80, brillant

#32 blue_panther9_9

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:11 AM

Just bought sennheiser RS180 $270delivered from US. RRp here for Rs1
70 =$449

profit?yes indeed..:D

#33 MidnightMods

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:53 AM

Post pics and prices up guys

#34 bloodzkull

• Car:92 r32 gtr skyline. 85 single cab 4wd hulix (vn v6) and a 71 datsun 1600

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

View Postsil20t, on 29 June 2011 - 09:20 PM, said:

Studio beats by Dre!! Best headphones f*^k the haters lol :silly: and monster turbines in ear for everyday use two awesome headphones!!!!!

not a fan of the beats by dre stuff i've heard, seem to pump up that bass in preference well over music quality

View PostDavid.Manca, on 02 August 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

sennheiser cx80, brillant

these, and hd 215's as well

#35 Dan.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Fischer Audio DBA-02 for me. $160US. Reviews have said they're comparable with Westone 3's and other IEM's. Extremely well balanced, VERY accurate reproduction (almost too good, can't listen to music under 320kbps, preferably lossless), comfortable and good isolation

Posted Image

#36 GFUNK

• Car:Onevia

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

Related? Pretty much all earphones *hurt* my ears and wake up in the morning with excess earwax..

That aside I use a pair of sony noise canceling headphones, noise canceling FTW

#37 Spazo

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 12 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

I just tried the sennheiser HD pro 280's, and then the HD pro 380s. The 380s sounded a tiny bit clearer... but then I tried those 215's and I thought they sounded just as good as the 380's. Much of muchness to my non-audiophile ears. Then a sales rep came and told me that all the muso's go the hd pros cos they're more suited to studio applications but I could hardly tell the difference between the 3. Seems like the speakers they use are the same but the eq them all differently.

The 280's ear cups felt the best though and somehow that was more important to me lol. I'm getting an electric drumkit soon so I'll prob just get a set on ebay this weekend... $81 from the US vs $150 from a store... is it worth losing the warranty to buy them overseas? I could almost buy 2 sets...

#38 OldMansCar

• Car:MKV GTI

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

View PostSpazo, on 12 August 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

The 280's ear cups felt the best though and somehow that was more important to me lol.
Thats half the reason i bought my 701's, the most comfy headphone ive ever worn. I have Sennhieser 202's and they are a little small for my ears, dont sit quite right

#39 MidnightMods

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm after some slim Bluetooth. headphones. not ear bud style for snow boarding, so doesn't have to be flash. can anyone help?

#40 Dan.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

For the most epic IEM (in ear monitors (earphones)) review thread, check out this... Multi-IEM Review - 188 IEMs compared

It reviews headphones starting in the $0-$15 range, right up to $600-$1200 range. The regulars in the Head-Fi community know what they're talking about. They don't get caught up in hype and review it like it is. Great forum for researching ear/head phones.

#41 eskimo_unltd

• Car:Vento

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

I use Shure SE535 headphones. They are excellent. Give you good clarity, very balanced and isloate a lot of external noise, up to 30DB. Heaps comfy as well, used them for 8 hours straight without any problems.

#42 Dan.

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

View Posteskimo_unltd, on 12 August 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

I use Shure SE535 headphones. They are excellent. Give you good clarity, very balanced and isloate a lot of external noise, up to 30DB. Heaps comfy as well, used them for 8 hours straight without any problems.

They scored wicked in the review thread...

Accessories (5/5)
Build Quality (5/5)
Isolation (4.5/5)
Microphonics (4.5/5)
Comfort (4/5)
Sound (9/10)
Value (8.5/10)

Pros: Top-notch build quality, well-accessorized, performance improved over SE530
Cons: Detachable cable can be unwieldy, still an average performer among top-tiers

#43 Bennybear

• Car:BMW

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

By far the biggest problem with the IEM market is the ability or lack thereof to try before you buy. I am really surprised that no one; manufacturers included have failed to come up with a disposable filter or something similar that can be used to hygienically test IEMs in store...

I had to go through 3-4 sets until I found a pair I was happy with; started with Sennheiser CX300s, bought a set of Klipsch S4is but ended up going back to the Senns, bought the B&O A8s but was a little underwhelmed with the lack of impact and bass response. I finally spoke to a colleague about his Audio Technica set; he was gracious enough to let me try them and I was almost sold on the spot. Ordered a pair about half an hour later (CK-10s) and have been smitten ever since. My point is, the lead up to this purchase was about $500 in now unused/unwanted gear but otherwise decent gear with no resale value...

My most recent experience (yesterday); I ventured out to get a set of Audio Technica AHD-700s, touted as the 'poor mans pro cans'... I went to Sydney HiFi @ Castle Hill which is a bit of a trek for me but they have cans on display so you can try them = worth it. Long story short, the ATs were great and could be driven comfortably enough by portable audio without an amp so I was near sold. The sales guy, very helpful, asked if I was interested in alternatives and suggested I try his favorite cans, the Denon AH-D2000's and practically slipped them on my head without asking... it was like headphone rape, and it was f**king amazing.

Subsequently, I left with a pair of headphones @ roughly 3 times what I went in there willing to spend and could not be happier (other than being conned by my wife into buying her a set of Denon noise cancelling phones for travel...). On top of this, I have ordered a Calyx Coffee USB powered DAC to get the most out of my digital music :)

#44 Dan.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

View PostBennybear, on 28 August 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

By far the biggest problem with the IEM market is the ability or lack thereof to try before you buy. I am really surprised that no one; manufacturers included have failed to come up with a disposable filter or something similar that can be used to hygienically test IEMs in store...

But owning different pairs of IEM's in the search for perfection of your own personal taste is half the fun! I know you mean though.

I'm still relatively new to the mid-high end IEM market though. I bought a pair of Westone 3's which are a true 3 way driver IEM. I paid $400US for them and they sounded great. Very very balanced. Although I blew the right mid-range driver when I plugged them into my laptop and they got absolutely blasted from an excessive volume level. I sent them back for warranty but then told them I'd like a refund when I realised I wouldn't be catching the bus anymore for work, taking advantage of their 30-day money back guarantee (one of the only companies that have this policy).

Ended up buying my FA DBA-02's 6 months later which I'm fairly happy with. Sometimes they lack bass depending how they're fitting in your ear , but for the music I've been into it's no issue (alternative rock, indie, folk, etc).

So all in all...it would be great if you could test them in store (not to mention that Australia doesn't stock 90% of the brands), but then you wouldn't go on the journy of finding the right set for you.

#45 OldMansCar

• Car:MKV GTI

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

agreed, very costly exercise but you are better for it, think of all the knowledge you can pass down.

the buds on my CX100's (or what ever the hell they are) are replaceable so youd think if a shop was serious about stocking things for trial they could have a few hundred handy. Not something a shop would do purely because people would go in, have a listen, buy cheaper online.

Sadly, i dont think high end audio will be something we see in stores in the future. Theres nothing in it for the retailer, trial and error will have to become the way its done

#46 Dan.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Even if you have a fresh sleeve/bud on the earphone, it doesn't mean that wax/contaminant hasn't dropped down into the neck of the earphone. I have to use a needle type object every so often to clean out the neck/shaft of mine due to wax falling in there. There's no real sure way of keeping everything hygienically clean.

#47 Bennybear

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

I was thinking little squares of gauss or something similar that you could wrap the buds in before inserting them.

Dan - get some rubbing alcohol and use a Q-tip to clean your IEM, take the mould off and run the tip across the filter. Should lift the majority of wax

#48 Dan.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Mine don't have the filter at the tip... it goes a fair way down before the filter :S

You can't see the opening but get an idea on the length of the tip..

Posted Image

#49 Bennybear

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Ah ok - don't pour rubbing alcohol down the little spouts :lol:

How do they recommend you clean them ?!

#50 Dan.

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:09 AM

Just by scraping them out with this little tool.

#51 shook

• Car:180SX

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

I jumped on the bandwagon and got myself sent some Beats by Dr Dre. They are actually not that bad expect they run batteries. But I got them for free so can't complain!

#52 Manez

• Car:s15

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

best headphones ever released: Sennheiser HD25 SP II

11/10

#53 Shiraz200SX

• Car:200SX S14A

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

YESSSS... HD 25 MK2s. best ever. went from Pioneer HDJ-1000 to them. was like going from a Getz to a GTR.

clear, dynamic, accurate. enough said.

#54 shiz

• Car:a broken rolla

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

audio technica Ath-ES7. go alright but i'm not much of an audiophile or have anything to compare them too really

#55 Spazo

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

It was a bad day to be a set of my headphones. Sennheiser cx200's no longer work unless I bend the plastic bit right before jack (loose wire or something) and my $19 legacy headphones stopped working in one ear after 3 hours use (got them free with my electric drum kit anyway).

Just picked up some tdk aliminium eb-750's after scratching my head for 10 minutes looking at all the stuff in dick smith. Mostly got them 'cos they look classy... and they're solid, I'm a spastic when it comes to fumbling around my pockets or looking for things so these will sit nicely as they actually have some weight to them and they're bright and shiny. Compared to the senn's they have alot more bass, which is much needed when you listen to an ipod/iphone but it might be a different story on my electric drum kit at home, hope it's not bass city, I'm really not a bass man.

Posted Image

#56 Bennybear

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Tricky; reference quality would be best for the drum kit but not super friendly for extended use with portable music players

#57 Spazo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone had phonak musicians earplugs moulded to their ears?

Or a similar brand?

Just got quoted $220 and trying to decide if it's worth it, seems like such a rip.

Edited by Spazo, 23 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#58 SKIDZ

• Car:corona

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hey not sure if this is related buuuuuuut where is a good place to source the rubber surrounds for ear buds ? I keep losing the ones off my jacket headphones.

Thanks, Mookie

#59 TheApothecary

• Car:Forever A Charade

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostSpazo, on 23 April 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Has anyone had phonak musicians earplugs moulded to their ears?

Or a similar brand?

Just got quoted $220 and trying to decide if it's worth it, seems like such a rip.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html

old as shit but link related.

#60 ------ S-Tune ------

• Car:2001 S15 Spec R

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Sennheiser HD-650
i dont know why people thing dre beats are the best there cheep and nasty
eye candy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!