Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
The Do you live at home Thread. - Hardtuned.net

- - - - -

The Do you live at home Thread. 

111 replies to this topic

#1 SpotMan

• Car:rb20 S13 & Maverick

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

sup guys.

After people who still live at home and get charged board by their parents.
what do you get charged a week for living there? My mothers been watching tv shows and googling shit and thinks 20-30% of my wage for board is fair and i still have to buy food for work and pay for internet etc...

Sooo... i need some evidence to fight back with :lol:

Edited by SpotMan, 19 April 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#2 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

i dont live with my parents any more its been years since i moved out
how ever do i use their house as a storage centre :lol: its kinda like a warehouse for all my belongings

#3 YBLEGAL

• Car:pig s13

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

i earn 500 per week and my parents charge me 30bux per week
and that get me food, tv,internet and i pay for my phone

#4 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

$100 a week, free food, 1/3 of bills. i acutally put the money into an accound and buy them something big/cool every 6 months.

#5 Flying180

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

View Postblingcommander, on 14 February 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

$100 a week, free food, 1/3 of bills. i acutally put the money into an accound and buy them something big/cool every 6 months.

Sounds like a sweet deal.
Almost the same as what i had with my parents when i was living with them

#6 pman

Pooh Bear; Wreckin' porcelain since the 90's.

• Silver Member
  • Classifieds Items
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts
  • Car:RayGay's mum

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Hahaha f**k me. 30% is a little excessive isn't it? Imagine earning $500 a week and giving up 30% of that. You could go halves with one of your mates in rent with that amount and have the freedom to wank in the lounge room.

She better be getting taxed on that shit lol

Something also tells me that your momma dont love you...

#7 atari4x4

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postpman, on 14 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hahaha f**k me. 30% is a little excessive isn't it? Imagine earning $500 a week and giving up 30% of that. You could go halves with one of your mates in rent with that amount and have the freedom to wank in the lounge room.

this!!!

pretty sure she's trying to give you the hint to move out.

#8 hazard121

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

I paid 15% of my weekly wage when I was at home, including bills (power, internet), but I'd also do at least 1/3 of the cooking and would pay for the ingredients when I cooked etc.

#9 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

yeah, they love it. there shit is pretty outdated. so far they have scored:
big ass tv, surround sound, bluray player, cabnet.
reco engine and fitted for mums 80series landcruiser.
split system aircon and installation.
new outdoor blinds.
new computer soon, as well as repainting the whild inside of the house.

all shit they would never go out and buy themselfs, but can't live without now :lol:

#10 fiend.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Postatari4x4, on 14 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

View Postpman, on 14 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

this!!!

pretty sure she's trying to give you the hint to move out.

maybe she's the one after exclusive use of the lounge room

#11 harris.

• Car:180sx SR POWWAAAHH

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

move out..

#12 Agnu

• Car:S15

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

My girlfriends mum has just started charging her and her brother $50 a week. Personally I moved out with a mate, we pay $120 each for a 2 bedroom house, including Internet and water, and our power bill is nothing since one light brightens up the whole house haha. Move out is my advise, seriously not that expensive and makes life so much better!

#13 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

if you have any siblings try and split things equally between how many people are in the household. e.g. family of 4, split bills by 4 and go food shopping once a month. obviously works better with a bigger family, probably better off not to suggest it, if its smaller.

#14 WPN-X7

• Car:LS1 FC vert

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

f**k moving out.

mooch of old girl for as long as possible hahahaha. $50 a weeks not that bad. try paying 300 a week and having a gf/baby.

#15 SpotMan

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

only have a twin brother and live with my mum, if my dad didnt live so far away i would be up with him and would have a full workshop rather then this shitty carport.. seems the going rate is about $100 a fortnight. only just left high school, work full time and get under paid so i cant really afford to pay a shit tonne rent.

I hardly see her anyways, i work all day, get home work on my car and do everything else in this granny flat, the only thing i dont do is sleep out there as i cbf moving clothes and that...

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 14022013882.jpg

Edited by SpotMan, 14 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

#16 Gleeso

• Car:1990 Sileighty

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I live at home, one of four boys, second oldest, and don't pay board. Reason being is I'm at uni and my parents think it's fair for me to keep all my money as I'm quite the poor *milkshake*, anyway.

Have been working full time since being on holidays, and havnt had to pay any extra either, which has led to me being able to purchase ridiculous parts for my car.

I'd say $50.00 to $100.00 would be fair, though.

#17 Shakey Bones

• Car:S15

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

$100 is fair including bills.

It depends on what you are doing. I would ask for concessions if I'm studying or working on a business. But if I was just working some shit kicker full-time job because I was too lazy to do something with my life then I'd expect the parentals to charge me $100+.

But move out man, there is nothing better than living out of home even if it is with 3 or 4 others in a share house. It is still 10000000X better than dealing with your parents shit.

I have a mate who at 24 is still living at home and him and his dad don't get along. Problem is he lives there for free although he does help with the bills from time to time. But yeah he is just so used to his mum doing his washing, cooking and cleaning and being able to go out on weekends and blow loads of money.

To me it is pathetic but he loves it. I on the other hand would rather be homeless before I'd go back home.

#18 keyhole150

• Car:Type X

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dude I'll help clean up the granny flat for you, will take an hour maximum to get the necessary space and then you can just drop $50 a week and tell her to use it to pay bills and make herself feel pretty.

Then all you have is groceries and cooking. If you're worried about cooking, don't be. Cooking is easy, I've always hated it until recently when I started cooking healthy shit and it's really just down to practice makes perfect.

Also a mate's parents wanted $120 a week for absolutely everything done but he moved out as he was getting no shifts and is having a much better time than the couple of weeks he did paying board.

#19 antonio

• Car:S14

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Being a wog, i dont pay board.

But i do pay for alot of the big ticketed items around the house, and when things go wrong since my parents wont generally have that kind of money on hand for an emergency repair, In the end $50pw is only $2600 a year, Id easily spend more than that on general house things being upgraded/replaced and chipping in for food etc.

My credit card is hooked up with Coles and all that kinda deal so i dont really pay to much attention knowing they wont be organsing a booze up and smashing me with 8 bottles of Johnny Walker Blue.

#20 SpotMan

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Cheers Kyle, yeah ive been cleaning the granny flat up atm, most of the shit is in rubish piles i just cbf taking it out to the bins. but yeah if she starts charging me im going to fully move out into there, sick of getting shouted at for walking inside late or getting woken up whenever some walks into the bathroom (next to my room)

I would consider moving out with a few mates who are older, but my job pays me sweet fa atm.. plan was to build a decent sized shed that the silvia could be stored in, have a bed, couch and computer and live out there. already have a aircon stashed away for the future shed :P

#21 pyro

• Car:JZX100

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

View PostSpotMan, on 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

sup guys.

what do you get charged a week for living there? My mothers been watching tv shows and googling shit and thinks 20-30% of my wage for board is fair and i still have to buy food for work and pay for internet etc...

Sooo... i need some evidence to fight back with Posted Image
Jesus christ.. 20-30% of your wage plus all bills is a bit mental. how much do you earn per week? at $500, that's $100 to $150/week, plus another $100 for food, plus say $20/week for internet, then mobile, car insurance/rego/etc. You're looking at 3/4 of your wage gone. The idea behind living at home is that it's meant to cost f**k all (say $100 for everything, as others have mentioned), not more than moving out :lol:

Oh and I didn't pay board or anything like that because I moved out about a month after I finished high school.

#22 darkone

• Car:Silvia

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I pay $50 a week and also cover a quarter of the bills, which is pretty fair I think.

I think if you get along with your parents then stay at home as long as possible (within reason) and save up your money. You don't necessarily have to buy a house straight away but the more you save living at home the better off you'll be later down the track. The only sacrifice is a bit of freedom and privacy.

#23 CroS13

• Car:S15 GT Spec S

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I'm wog, whats this board you speak of?

#24 Rocky88

• Car:JK Rubicon

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostCroS13, on 14 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Haha, same.

#25 STR8E180

• Car:GTR R34 V-SPEC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostCroS13, on 14 February 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Bahahahahahaha living the wog dream

#26 chris_c30

• Car:s14a 200sx

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

ive paid board all through my apprenticep first year was 40 bucks and its gone up every year since

#27 inmans12

• Car:S12 & S14a

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Still living at home with no board. Parents own a farm so usually help on weekends or throughout the week after work which is cool with me, heaps of shed space and land to store all my cars! Pretty certain ill move out once I finish my apprenticeship, hopefully into a house I own.

#28 SpotMan

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

View Postpyro, on 14 February 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

View PostSpotMan, on 14 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

sup guys.

Sooo... i need some evidence to fight back with Posted Image
Jesus christ.. 20-30% of your wage plus all bills is a bit mental. how much do you earn per week? at $500, that's $100 to $150/week, plus another $100 for food, plus say $20/week for internet, then mobile, car insurance/rego/etc. You're looking at 3/4 of your wage gone. The idea behind living at home is that it's meant to cost f**k all (say $100 for everything, as others have mentioned), not more than moving out :lol:

Oh and I didn't pay board or anything like that because I moved out about a month after I finished high school.

i earn under $500 a week and have debt to pay off aswell... So basically my whole wage would be gone.... Hahaz

damn you wogs! Us white boys have to pay for everyyything! Straya

#29 INMATE

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

She's probs teaching you valuable life lessons charging you board + bills. Years ago I paid $50pw plus chipped in with bills, then when I was earning around $800pw I gave the old girl $200 for room, hot dinner, lunch + washing service. Was good for both of us.

#30 mUnky-matt

• Car:1JZ 180

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

I live at home for free.. free food, free bills.. my gf cooks and cleans, i cook and do odd jobs/maintenance... ez life :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!