Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php on line 380

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_3/skin_topic.php:380) in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
KE70 Engine swap, All opinions welcome. - Hardtuned.net
←  Toyota (ttuned.com)

»
Hardtuned Classifieds

KE70 Engine swap, All opinions welcome.

Cleans13yo's Photo Cleans13yo 28 Mar 2012

So basically, I could be getting a KE70 in the upcoming week and are not that excited about the 5k with the 4k bottom end in it. It has had some work done to it but i hae 2 options i'm considering and no nothing about the setups of Toyota's so this will be a first.

I want to engine swap either a;
4AGE 16v or 20v
SR20DE

Now i can get both and being a Nissan guy i lean towards the SR but the 4age doesn't have any bad points. I have researched both this on google, and have found soe topics but nothing with really prices in them and they're fairly old.

I just want information like, will the SR20DE drop in? Vice-versa, What other items do i need that the KE driveline can't adjust to etc.

Any information would be awesome, thank you.

WPN-X7's Photo WPN-X7 28 Mar 2012

suss out rollaclub.com.au

or look up blingcommanders build thread on his ae86.

blingcommander's Photo blingcommander 28 Mar 2012

4age's are waayy overpriced for what they are.

SR20DE goes allright

SpotMan's Photo SpotMan 28 Mar 2012

18rg that's shit! just drive it till the 4k donk shits itself then engine swap... you wont get any $$ for the old motor so may aswell get some fun out of it :thumb:

WPN-X7's Photo WPN-X7 28 Mar 2012

you can pick up a redtop sr20det package for what some people want for a complete 4age package.

and itll go 20 times better to.

this is true, 4ages are way over priced, been looking at some for my bros ae82... only thing with having a sr20 is having to deal with driving a car that sounds like a truck :lol:

Cleans13yo's Photo Cleans13yo 28 Mar 2012

Yeah i got quoted for a 4age with xxxxxxx k's with just the intake for 900. The 4k/5k has some work done so I'm taking it for a drive this weekend. I read on ae86drivingclub.com.au someone sells SR20DE kits for KE70s, so maybe that could be an avenue? But with upgrading or engine swapping, i'd have to upgrade the brakes etc to. I just want a little more power thats all, and if i can get the SR20DE dropped in, wired up and everything running for a decent price i think it'd be worth it. I know nothing about these carbie motors :\

carbies motors are simple as, no wiring at all. if you want just a bit more power maybe turbo your motor? heard of a few people doing it with small turbos.

ffracer's Photo ffracer 28 Mar 2012

mate just dropped a ca18 into his. was relatively easy. custom engine and gearbox mounts (nothing too hard) and tail pipe. he also swapped rear diff for r31 item. if ur good with a welder. everything just seem to fit nicely.

Cleans13yo's Photo Cleans13yo 31 Mar 2012

Oh alright, I haven't got it yet but looking at it tomorrow. Has anyone ever done a RB20 into a KE? Is the engine bay to small? have to custom cut into the firewall? Not that i want to, but it is different haha.

Well, not a fan of the CA, it's either a SR20DE or a 4AGE, i really only like the 20v bigports but a 16v would be fine. Custom engine mounts and little things don't seem to much of a hassle either.

SpotMan's Photo SpotMan 31 Mar 2012

yeah i think garage7 put a rb30 in a ke, which is similar sized.. They are really heavy tho... Theres nothing wrong with a good ca...

blingcommander's Photo blingcommander 31 Mar 2012

rb20 in a KE would be GAAAYYYY

View PostSpotMan, on 28 March 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

carbies motors are simple as, no wiring at all. if you want just a bit more power maybe turbo your motor? heard of a few people doing it with small turbos.
my conversion needed all of 4 wires to run. so maybe 10-12 all up to get everything working

WPN-X7's Photo WPN-X7 31 Mar 2012

funnily enough theres a guy here in sa with a rb20 in a blue ke70. goes alright to. ge notched out the firewall n shit to fit it however.

mop's Photo mop 02 Oct 2012

My litlw brother has a blue ke also and he has a rb20 in it, still a project in the works, he is doing all the fab work himself,

cut the firewall right out and cylinder 5 is behind the firewall line. Has custom made his own firewall n trans tunnel to allow easy removal of everything.
Atm he is customising a Volvo rear end to suit.

Ps sorry for thread revival.

Crigrarge's Photo Crigrarge 28 Feb 2013

Considering the low deck height of the boxer engine and the way that the engine is situated so far back in the engine bay, I dont see too much else fitting in there, certainly not a 2JZ.

If anything, Id think a STi swap into the 86 will be popular.