Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Supplement Reviews - Hardtuned.net

Supplement Reviews 

supplement review
249 replies to this topic

#1 ChiefStudly

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

I thought it would be good to make a thread where people can review the supplements that they have had experience with. Hopefully help out others if thet are curious about a product or save some money if you were not happy with a product.

Suplement: Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard

Posted Image

Price: 2.3kg $94.95 (MrSupplement)

Review: Just bought this a few days ago. The price is pretty good concidering it is one of the better brands. It mixes very well in water and the flavour is quite nice (chcolate malt). There were no clumps in the mix after a 5-10 second shake which is a definite plus.

Product: BSC WPI Protein

Posted Image

Price: 900g ~$100

Review: Bit more on the expensive side. Mixes well with water but had a few chunks after 5-10sec mix. The tast is alright not very strong (chocolate), a bit more flavour would be nice. With like the tast is absolutely great but you have to shake for a while if you want a smooth drink. Having used this for the past few months I would say it did its job, nothing really special about it.

Product: BSC Creatine Mono
Posted Image
Price: Can't remember

Review: Also been using this on and off for the past few months. The first time I used it I could really feel the difference, my muscles felt tighter when lifting and my reps went up as did the weights (not a rediculous amount). I did not load so it took about a week to feel a difference. The taste is, well, like panadol really. I drink this with Powerade or some apple juice, I would not recomend with straight water the after tast is pretty horrible as it is not flavoured.

#2 bloodzkull

• Car:92 r32 gtr skyline. 85 single cab 4wd hulix (vn v6) and a 71 datsun 1600

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

www.bulknutrients.com.Au

The only place I but my supplements now

#3 Marko

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

f**king oath bulk nutrients. I only bought the wpc from them in chocolate but it was dirt cheap for 5kg (around $100) and tastes good with around 20sec shaking. I will no longer buy branded supps as they all get their whey from the same place anyway. Was buying from professional whey.com before but they didn't make any flavored stuff and just got over the crap taste

#4 stupidlikeafox

• Car:S14

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yeah i got the bulk nutrients wpc chocolate, tastes alright
I just try a get a protein powder with mininal carbs and no stimulants like caffine, creatine stuff like that - just a straight protein powder.
If money wasnt a problem i'd probably go WPI but i dont think the extra cost/benefits is required for your average gym goer

OP generally its not cost effective to buy protein powder in less than say 3kg

#5 ChiefStudly

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yeah I know but I got it cheaper because I knew someone. Next time I will be getting it in bulk.

#6 ChiefStudly

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Anyone tried 1mr? I have a sample of it just wanted to know how to get the best use out of it.

#7 MAT_G

• Car:S14 series 2

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

yeah ive used 1mr, mesomorph, defin8 and tryed alot of other stuff aswell ( the benefits of being in team that sponsored by asn :thumb: we also get mad discounts aswell lol )

1mr is a before workout suppliment avoid taking anytime where you wanna go to sleep in the next 4 or 5 hrs especially the first time you use it, you will either react really good or itll make you feel really sick, take for instance the first time me and a mate used it at practice the was amazing for me the best training ive ever had but for my mate it made him feel really sick so just be careful

#8 ChiefStudly

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

Thanks man, I have never taken a pre workout before and I have this sample just sitting here so I may as well see what the hype is all about. So the effects still linger for up to 5hrs, i'll take note of that seeing that I don't really drink coffee or softdrinks so I am guessing my body will be more reactive with the caffeine.

#9 Rocky88

• Car:JK Rubicon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

I heard 1mr became pretty weak since they stopped adding dmaa.

#10 DeluxeJZS

• Car:95 JZS147 Aristo

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostRocky88, on 03 June 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

I think "Craze" is the one to get these day that wont be "banned" as it doesn't have dmaa in it!!

And yeah, last lot of Protein i bought was from Bulk Nutrients, was my first time ordering through them as i had read all you guys getting it, damn thats some good stuff right there ;) got the WPI also, cant go wrong with .3 grams of carbs and .3 grams of fat per serve.....lowest ive seen!!

#11 SRS13

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Bulk Nutrients WPI is great.

Didn't like 1MR.

Musclepharm Assault is MACHINE! Definitely the best pre I have taken so far (have used Jack3D, Mesomorph, 1MR, C4 and Bulk Nutrients pre-workout).

#12 Rocky88

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostDeluxeJZS, on 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

I think "Craze" is the one to get these day that wont be "banned" as it doesn't have dmaa in it!!

Craze contains phenylethylamine instead of dmaa. I'm not a big fan of phenylethylamine in pws because it makes me high and hard to focus... after all it is closely related to amphetamine and if you take it with a MAO inhibitor you can trip for hours, almost just like you would on speed.

#13 Shark

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostRocky88, on 04 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostDeluxeJZS, on 04 June 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

Craze contains phenylethylamine instead of dmaa. I'm not a big fan of phenylethylamine in pws because it makes me high and hard to focus... after all it is closely related to amphetamine and if you take it with a MAO inhibitor you can trip for hours, almost just like you would on speed.
If you use MAOIs in conjunction with psychoactive substances, it will prolong/intensify the effects. I wouldn't recommend anybody doing it, unless you actually understand what you're doing with a particular substance, and understand how to use them together safely.

#14 george.k

• Car:200sx

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostSRS13, on 04 June 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Didn't like 1MR.

Musclepharm Assault is MACHINE! Definitely the best pre I have taken so far (have used Jack3D, Mesomorph, 1MR, C4 and Bulk Nutrients pre-workout).

did u like c4, just finished my 3rd tub lol. assault is better u say?
how much better. because on bodybuilding.com its like 3 tubs for the price of 1 assult

#15 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Another WPI from Bulk Nutrients buyer here. Just finished a bag of HWPI.

Only brand name thing I buy is Orange Triad multi.
Posted Image
Posted Image

It is a bit pricey but it is one of the best multis you can get. Works out cheapest if you buy a whole heap from bodybuilding.com at once.

#16 SRS13

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

View Postgeorge.k, on 05 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Didn't like 1MR.

did u like c4, just finished my 3rd tub lol. assault is better u say?
how much better. because on bodybuilding.com its like 3 tubs for the price of 1 assult

I didn't like C4. I used it for a week. It gave me some focus and a little energy but no extra strength. Sometimes I didnt feel anything 'extra'. It did promote the feeling of being 'pumped' though. My friend uses it and is now taking 2 scoops. Its working for him.

Assault was on a whole different level (FOR ME). Gave massive energy, massive strength (did PB's in bench, squat and deadlift) and a good pump (pump not as good as C4).

I gave my friend my sample bottle of Assault so he will use it as soon as C4 is finished so will let you know his opinion as well.

#17 SRS13

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostPervy, on 05 June 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

Another WPI from Bulk Nutrients buyer here. Just finished a bag of HWPI.

Only brand name thing I buy is Orange Triad multi.
Posted Image

It is a bit pricey but it is one of the best multis you can get. Works out cheapest if you buy a whole heap from bodybuilding.com at once.

I am also using Orange Triad. So far so good. Had shoulder (rotator) and elbow (bone?) issues and since I have taken this, they have both not impacted me at all. In fact I dont ever feel them anymore. I do have a wrist injury and this helped but the pain is still there - not a miracle cure I guess lol. Have not tried any others but would recommend this as its a multivitamin and joint support all in one.

Should also point out that you take 6 capsules a day, 3 per serve so that explains why it contains so much ingredients.

#18 george.k

• Car:200sx

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostSRS13, on 05 June 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

View Postgeorge.k, on 05 June 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Bulk Nutrients WPI is great. Didn't like 1MR. Musclepharm Assault is MACHINE! Definitely the best pre I have taken so far (have used Jack3D, Mesomorph, 1MR, C4 and Bulk Nutrients pre-workout).
did u like c4, just finished my 3rd tub lol. assault is better u say? how much better. because on bodybuilding.com its like 3 tubs for the price of 1 assult
I didn't like C4. I used it for a week. It gave me some focus and a little energy but no extra strength. Sometimes I didnt feel anything 'extra'. It did promote the feeling of being 'pumped' though. My friend uses it and is now taking 2 scoops. Its working for him. Assault was on a whole different level (FOR ME). Gave massive energy, massive strength (did PB's in bench, squat and deadlift) and a good pump (pump not as good as C4). I gave my friend my sample bottle of Assault so he will use it as soon as C4 is finished so will let you know his opinion as well.

cool cool, will defiantly try assault.

c4 didn't give me pump just focus and energy.
actually at the beginning gave me pump but got used to it lol

#19 Pervy

• Car:S14a

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostSRS13, on 05 June 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I am also using Orange Triad. So far so good. Had shoulder (rotator) and elbow (bone?) issues and since I have taken this, they have both not impacted me at all. In fact I dont ever feel them anymore. I do have a wrist injury and this helped but the pain is still there - not a miracle cure I guess lol. Have not tried any others but would recommend this as its a multivitamin and joint support all in one. Should also point out that you take 6 capsules a day, 3 per serve so that explains why it contains so much ingredients.
Yep, the joint support in the multi is a massive plus that pretty much no other multi includes. I used to have pretty bad joints as I had to do a fair few cycles of accutane, but I get absolutely no pain at all.

#20 SR2OYO

• Car:JDM S15

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

Gold Standard is the way to go, especially if youre going for Keto

#21 ChiefStudly

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Alright, I went to the gym today and I used 1mr. First things first, it tasted like absolute ass, anyway I took it about 20min before my workout. By the time I got to the gym and begun workingout It honesty did nothing for me. No extra energy, no power increase. The only thing I felt was that I got pump quicker. That is it.

From reviews I have read it gave people crazy energy boosts and they could lift heavier, none of these efects were gained for me, I did feel a little bit nauseous after the workout though. I am sure that I used it correctly so I think that my body is just not effected by this supplement.

Anyone else had the same result?

#22 Dr. Cranium

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostChiefStudly, on 07 June 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

Alright, I went to the gym today and I used 1mr. First things first, it tasted like absolute ass, anyway I took it about 20min before my workout. By the time I got to the gym and begun workingout It honesty did nothing for me. No extra energy, no power increase. The only thing I felt was that I got pump quicker. That is it.

From reviews I have read it gave people crazy energy boosts and they could lift heavier, none of these efects were gained for me, I did feel a little bit nauseous after the workout though. I am sure that I used it correctly so I think that my body is just not effected by this supplement.

Must have been missing the key ingredient. THE PLACEBO EFFECT.

#23 SRS13

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yes.

Used the first time and felt good, the second time absolutely nothing. Never used it again.

Assault > Mesomorph > Bulk Nutrients :thumbsup: (Bulk Nutrients is massive bang for buck if you want to 'try')

#24 Rocky88

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostDr. Cranium, on 08 June 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Must have been missing the key ingredient. THE PLACEBO EFFECT.

You've clearly never tried any. There are some shit pws's out there that don't do much, but most containing dmaa definitely aren't placebos. If you're not feeling any effects maybe you've developed a slight tolerance and it's time to increase the dose.
If you don't like using them that's fine, it's each to their own... I don't always use pre-workouts either, but they are great for those slow days, when I feel tired or unmotivated.
Of all pre-workouts I've tried I still reckon jack3d is the best one, I just get the watermelon flavour because it's the most tolerable of all.

Edited by Rocky88, 08 June 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#25 180_mph

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I stopped taking my preworkout for about a month, lost strength on all my lifts, put on a few kg's of fat, lost cardio endurance.....lost my will to live.

To be honest, once i stopped taking supplements, the ONLY thing i noticed different was all this extra money.....woohoo!!

#26 Wrexy

• Car:Lexus IS250

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

What I noticed about pre work out drinks is that they only work the first time.
I'll try double up next time but it will be hard to take down

#27 ChiefStudly

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Over time you build a tolerance and you need more of it to see its effects. I don't think I will get into them I seem to be doing fine without them right now, plus I would rather save money than use it on something I don't really need.

#28 SRS13

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

What I find with them is that yes you may build a tolerance to them if you keep using the same one (onto the second bottle and have not found this with Assault though) so I have changed products after use.

In terms of needing or not needing them. I don't think they are 'needed' but I certainly think they can help. They help with extra energy, extra focus, extra pump and in some cases extra strength.

In terms of price, yes they are pricey but you can get them a lot cheaper in the US than here....

#29 steveP

• Car:Galant VR4

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yeah that's the problem with supplements, once you get into them, there's no end. There is a supplement for pretty much everything and it's impossible to take them all.

I just take a multivitamin and fish oil in the morning, then some magnesium at night to help with recovery.

Edited by steveP, 21 June 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#30 180_mph

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

There's no doubt supplements do work.
However, apart from the caffeine hit(which can be a great thing) of a preworkout, there's not much else it does, apart from give you a bit of a pump from the arginine.
Unless you are a serious athlete who devotes each day to your chosen sport, i dont think many of us will see benefits from them.
Protein can be great, if you aren't getting protein in your diet. But if you are gettting enough in your diet, then it's not needed.
And let's be honest here, no one in here needs 350g of protein a day(unless we have ronnie lurking somewhere)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!