Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Done compound beginners routine. Looking for split - Hardtuned.net - Page 2

Jump to content


Done compound beginners routine. Looking for split 

45 replies to this topic

#31 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Been a while since i have seen arrogance of this level.

LEVEL 9000

#32 Shark

  • Joined:14-April 05
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

I think it might actually be OVER9000 boss

#33 GHOSTY

  • Joined:14-September 05
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:'02 S15

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM

 -**wHiStLe**-, on 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Hey guys.
Been lifting on and off for a fair while.
Always have done the beginners routine and have done so this time for 3-4 months.
Starting to really plateau I feel.

Do you guys think it's time for a split?
Ideally I'd want a 3 day split because I've made available time around a 3 day compound routine.

Just looking for best progression so after the best info please.
If you think I should stick at the compound routine for a while longer then tell me.

After more size and appearance rather than trying to be a power lifter.

If you guys agree with moving to a split, can anyone recommend a good full body split that I can do at home.
I have barbell, dumbells, cage and bench.

Train however you want, but put 100% effort in and you will reap the rewards.

A novice who puts in 100% effort re: training intensity, consistency and eating accordingly will make good gains on ANY program. (it's a bit like life really, put the effort in and you will reap the rewards)

If you're not lifting to be competitive/earn a living from it, then lift because you enjoy it, and as such train the way you enjoy, otherwise what are you doing it for? ;)

/2c


This is roughly what I do, it (1) suits my lifestyle and (2) is what I enjoy, if this helps you I am glad :)

Monday
- Bench press (main exercise)
- Reverse grip bench press (assistance exercise)
- Single arm KB/DB rows (assistance exercise)
- Trap bar bent rows (assistance exercise)

Wednesday
- Squats...yep, just squats for 60-90mins

Friday
- DB military press(main exercise)
- DB incline bench press (assistance exercise)
- Single arm KB/DB rows (assistance exercise)
- Trap bar bent rows (assistance exercise)

I occassionally also do
- UDL's with the 64kg kettlebell for cardio
- Deadlifts

Edited by GHOSTY, 08 August 2012 - 10:28 PM.


#34 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

 GHOSTY, on 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

 -**wHiStLe**-, on 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Hey guys.
Been lifting on and off for a fair while.
Always have done the beginners routine and have done so this time for 3-4 months.
Starting to really plateau I feel.

Do you guys think it's time for a split?
Ideally I'd want a 3 day split because I've made available time around a 3 day compound routine.

Just looking for best progression so after the best info please.
If you think I should stick at the compound routine for a while longer then tell me.

After more size and appearance rather than trying to be a power lifter.

If you guys agree with moving to a split, can anyone recommend a good full body split that I can do at home.
I have barbell, dumbells, cage and bench.

Train however you want, but put 100% effort in and you will reap the rewards.

A novice who puts in 100% effort re: training intensity, consistency and eating accordingly will make good gains on ANY program. (it's a bit like life really, put the effort in and you will reap the rewards)

If you're not lifting to be competitive/earn a living from it, then lift because you enjoy it, and as such train the way you enjoy, otherwise what are you doing it for? Posted Image

/2c Posted Image

DO IT FOR THE CHICKS

#35 Rasian

  • Joined:24-September 10
  • Location:Australia SA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

 Dr. Cranium, on 08 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

 GHOSTY, on 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

 -**wHiStLe**-, on 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Hey guys.
Been lifting on and off for a fair while.
Always have done the beginners routine and have done so this time for 3-4 months.
Starting to really plateau I feel.

Do you guys think it's time for a split?
Ideally I'd want a 3 day split because I've made available time around a 3 day compound routine.

Just looking for best progression so after the best info please.
If you think I should stick at the compound routine for a while longer then tell me.

After more size and appearance rather than trying to be a power lifter.

If you guys agree with moving to a split, can anyone recommend a good full body split that I can do at home.
I have barbell, dumbells, cage and bench.

Train however you want, but put 100% effort in and you will reap the rewards.

A novice who puts in 100% effort re: training intensity, consistency and eating accordingly will make good gains on ANY program. (it's a bit like life really, put the effort in and you will reap the rewards)

If you're not lifting to be competitive/earn a living from it, then lift because you enjoy it, and as such train the way you enjoy, otherwise what are you doing it for? Posted Image

/2c Posted Image

DO IT FOR THE CHICKS

Lol I can tell you 2 reasons why I build.
1. Chicks lol- having a six in hs was a big deal and pulling chicks with the click of a finger is even better.
And 2- to supplement my arrogance lol. :)
I believe to be the best is a combination of 3 things. Being the strongest, smartest and richest lol

#36 -Truck-

  • Joined:19-March 10
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:VIP Y31 Cima

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

 Rasian, on 08 August 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

 Dr. Cranium, on 08 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

 GHOSTY, on 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

 -**wHiStLe**-, on 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Hey guys.
Been lifting on and off for a fair while.
Always have done the beginners routine and have done so this time for 3-4 months.
Starting to really plateau I feel.

Do you guys think it's time for a split?
Ideally I'd want a 3 day split because I've made available time around a 3 day compound routine.

Just looking for best progression so after the best info please.
If you think I should stick at the compound routine for a while longer then tell me.

After more size and appearance rather than trying to be a power lifter.

If you guys agree with moving to a split, can anyone recommend a good full body split that I can do at home.
I have barbell, dumbells, cage and bench.

Train however you want, but put 100% effort in and you will reap the rewards.

A novice who puts in 100% effort re: training intensity, consistency and eating accordingly will make good gains on ANY program. (it's a bit like life really, put the effort in and you will reap the rewards)

If you're not lifting to be competitive/earn a living from it, then lift because you enjoy it, and as such train the way you enjoy, otherwise what are you doing it for? Posted Image

/2c Posted Image

DO IT FOR THE CHICKS

Lol I can tell you 2 reasons why I build.
1. Chicks lol- having a six in hs was a big deal and pulling chicks with the click of a finger is even better.
And 2- to supplement my arrogance lol. :)
I believe to be the best is a combination of 3 things. Being the strongest, smartest and richest lol
And with those powers combined you are captain douchebag.

#37 Dr. Cranium

  • Joined:23-May 07
  • Location:Australia QLD

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

 -Truck-, on 08 August 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

 Rasian, on 08 August 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

 Dr. Cranium, on 08 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

 GHOSTY, on 08 August 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

 -**wHiStLe**-, on 07 August 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

Hey guys.
Been lifting on and off for a fair while.
Always have done the beginners routine and have done so this time for 3-4 months.
Starting to really plateau I feel.

Do you guys think it's time for a split?
Ideally I'd want a 3 day split because I've made available time around a 3 day compound routine.

Just looking for best progression so after the best info please.
If you think I should stick at the compound routine for a while longer then tell me.

After more size and appearance rather than trying to be a power lifter.

If you guys agree with moving to a split, can anyone recommend a good full body split that I can do at home.
I have barbell, dumbells, cage and bench.

Train however you want, but put 100% effort in and you will reap the rewards.

A novice who puts in 100% effort re: training intensity, consistency and eating accordingly will make good gains on ANY program. (it's a bit like life really, put the effort in and you will reap the rewards)

If you're not lifting to be competitive/earn a living from it, then lift because you enjoy it, and as such train the way you enjoy, otherwise what are you doing it for? Posted Image

/2c Posted Image

DO IT FOR THE CHICKS

Lol I can tell you 2 reasons why I build.
1. Chicks lol- having a six in hs was a big deal and pulling chicks with the click of a finger is even better.
And 2- to supplement my arrogance lol. Posted Image
I believe to be the best is a combination of 3 things. Being the strongest, smartest and richest lol
And with those powers combined you are captain douchebag.

:lol:

But at the same time face palm

#38 S14_Lee

  • Joined:29-July 10
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:S14 Zenki,

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

and to think the guy was just asking for a few opinions on workin out, geeze :thumb:

#39 -**wHiStLe**-

  • Joined:02-November 06
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

^ Haha wouldn't be NS without the debates.

That's for all the inputs guys!
I think I'm going to try to get my diet 100% and if that still doesn't improve anything then I'll give a split program a go.

#40 steveP

  • Joined:05-February 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Galant VR4

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Posted Image

#41 El Freako

  • Joined:16-June 10
  • Location:Australia QLD
  • Car:Nissan Pulsar SSS

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

Facepalm@
>The misguided assumption that full-body compound routines are just for PLers.
>The retarded assumption that split training is more advanced.

Train hard, train heavy, eat well. If you're beginner to intermediate stick to high frequency lifting (ie. training bodyparts 2-3 times per week).

#42 DRIFTKID

  • Joined:18-May 05
  • Location:Australia NSW
  • Car:Stagea

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Dear f**k what happened in here

#43 skuma

  • Joined:12-November 05
  • Location:Australia ACT
  • Car:'96 180sx, Supra RZ

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

 Shark, on 08 August 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

wtf is this shit...



couldnt agree more lol

ps: I been using a similar split program to this (minus some burn sets and few exercises as I want to concentrate bit more on compounds)
http://www.muscleand...kout-split.html

#44 -**wHiStLe**-

  • Joined:02-November 06
  • Location:Australia VIC
  • Car:S15, R32, R33

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thanks mate that looks pretty good

#45 steveP

  • Joined:05-February 05
  • Location:Australia SA
  • Car:Galant VR4

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

Where do I give you my Nigerian bank account details?

#46 Shark

  • Joined:14-April 05
  • Location:Australia VIC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

    By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

    Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

    Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

    Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!