Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
1999 Hiace won't run, please help need to get to work Monday! - Hardtuned.net

1999 Hiace won't run, please help need to get to work Monday! 

Toyota Hiace 2RZE Misfire Backfire no power
1 reply to this topic

#1 curtis1995

• Car:SR20DE Sil80

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hi there, I have a 1999 Toyota hiace with the 2rz-e engine, the van has done 350,000 kms and I've done 40,000 myself. The van always had a problem but I never bad enough to look into it further but I wish I had now. Anyway what the van used to do was kind of cut out/misfire/bog down when the tank would be less than a quarter and I'd be giving it a bit of throttle. Unfortunately yesterday it was a lot worse and was doing it a lot further down the rev range almost to the point where I could drive it. I was at work going from one job to another when all of a sudden i lost all power and couldn't even maintain my speed as the slightest touch on the throttle would cause it to misfire. I can to a stop at the side of the road, engine still running but not too smooth, I tried revving it up to see if I could nurse it home but wouldn't even go over about 1000rpm. When I have it full throttle the engine would chug and splutter and shake violently, it would rev up for a second or two but then drop straight back down and even backfire quite loudly. I changed my spark plugs, leads, and air filter about 15,000 kms ago and I didn't use the cheap crap either. My guess is the engine is being starved of something so I'm thinking:
- fuel pump has given up
- crap in the tank has been sucked up and blockage (unlikely)
- fuel filter (ice never changed it as its in quite a hard spot to get to
-distributor

My question is, has anyone else ever had trouble like this and what exactly did you do to fix it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Curtis :)

Edited by curtis1995, 13 June 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#2 pattiug1

• Car:pattiug1

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Novel devise
downloads movies free download free adult games free themes for android phones adults tv channel live best latest android phone
http://games.android...gister.daniella
pandigital novel android market mobile themes android free download free download game app best x rated apps download game android top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!