Sign in to follow this  
buoy

Ronnie Coleman 8x Olympia... will he die?

bigbeachsm.jpg

no, the above photo is not some morphed distorted photochop of Ronnie Coleman. That is what he looks like (with a layer of fat) around 5 months before he won his 8th Mr Olympia title.

At well over 300 pounds (thats 140+kg) at 5'11, this guy is pushing his heart, kidneys and liver to the limit. Doctor's are starting to worry about him. They are scared that if he pushes for another 2 more olympias...... he could very well end up dead. :yes:

looking at the above pic, and not to say that i gross out easily from huge pics of bbers... far from it... Ronnie does look, erm.... too big perhaps?

No kidding I'm curious, since he's the biggest looking guy on the planet, how big he can get before he erm pops :) perhaps at 150kg they'd need to perform some rib-lengthening surgery, as no doubt by now his heart is the size of a basketball and would be in dire need for more space.

As with many things in life.... there's normal. There's BIG... and then there's OH MY GOD. In bbding there's another step after teh last one.... and its: "That's Ronnie Coleman". ;)

artmonster2.jpg

What to do now?

Want to write a response to this article? It's easy:

Click on the "Fast Reply" button located at the bottom-right of your screen. If you are not registered, please complete the online registration form. :)

And he'd be quite slow as well, heavy musculator slows down a persons movements... it wouldn't overly noticable day to day but if he ever got into a fight it'd be like watching Frankenstein.

If he knew how to hit... punches come down to psi.

He might throw you across the room otherwise, but you'd get back up and come in for more.

I used to train with a guy like that, he could litterally kick me across the room, but because the force pushed you for so long it wasn't effective. Lock up your punch and you'd have more power than him.

However, if that guy had proper technique, he'd crush your skull with one frigging shot.

yep. steroid use shrinks the testicles....

...... without clomid :)

if he trains kikboxing or martial arts he wont be any slower den any other trainer... muscle will only increase his speed. the muscle there does not act like fat. it doesnt just hang there n make the mody heavierd for no reason. the.

Yes it will, body mass of any type slows a person down... muscle will not slow someone down anywhere near as badly as body fat, but it will slow people down.

he came to Adelaide a few weeks ago and when you see him in person you cant believe just how big he is........

That photo is from an segment he did on Jay Leno.

He raced the guy holding the mic and he moved slooow as.

Was strange to watch

He might throw you across the room otherwise, but you'd get back up and come in for more.

I used to train with a guy like that, he could litterally kick me across the room, but because the force pushed you for so long it wasn't effective.  Lock up your punch and you'd have more power than him.

However, if that guy had proper technique, he'd crush your skull with one frigging shot.

:lol:

thats the biggest load of shit i have heard in a while

force pushing you for longer hahaha

you'd be dead if he slammed you

And the prize for dumbest person of the day goes to you godhand.

Body mechanics, look it up, read something then come back.

Pounds per square inch... that is what f**ks a person up... if this guy hits you with 140kgs moving at X speed and displaces that over however much distance 30cm's a metre... do the math, and then compare it to someone of less body mass, moving that at an equal or faster speed, displacing that force over two centimeters.

Feel utterly stupid yet?

Oh hell yeah, that guy'd break your back like it was a f**king toothpick with nearly no effort.

yep. steroid use shrinks the testicles....

...... without clomid :)

So they're allowed to use steroids in this competition?

And Yes, he is just tooooo big.

I can't imagine much people that would a: get into a position where they COULD be hit by him and b: get hit across a room,get back up and come in for more. :lol:

Regardless of that psi stuff, lock him and a contendor in a room, i can't see this guy losing.

lolz i simply wouldnt have the balls to face him even if i were bruice lee unless i had a ak47 den its a different story.lolz

GT4Shadow: so your saying dat mass slows u down.. so if u never worked out in your life n den went to da gyn n put on 10kg of pure muscle r u saying u would punch faster befor. i dont think so mate.

muscles r what give u power to punch n speed. right.

larger objects move slower, yes, that is the laws of physics, due to intertial mass.

however

another bodybuilder that goes by the name of "flex wheeler" DOES know kickboxing... and he does the splits on stage... and one of this goals was to PROVE TO EVERYONE that you CAN be huge AND super quick. If you've ever seen Flex bust some of his kickboxing moves, the guy moves like a professional kickboxer.

muscles is the powerplants peoples... bigger muscles is like putting a bigger engine in the car. u think it'd go slower? :blink:

well if we're talking about orders upon orders of magnitude, well, yes ultimately... but as far as human beings are concerned, it has been demonstrated before that, through proper conditioning it *can* be beneficial to speed and agility.

...... and fwiw a Tiger is 300 pounds... and they aint slow :no:

well i can do something he cant... drink out of a cup :)

muscles is the powerplants peoples... bigger muscles is like putting a bigger engine in the car. u think it'd go slower? :blink:

well if we're talking about orders upon orders of magnitude, well, yes ultimately... but as far as human beings are concerned, it has been demonstrated before that, through proper conditioning it *can* be beneficial to speed and agility.

...... and fwiw a Tiger is 300 pounds... and they aint slow :no:

PROPER conditioning. That guy is not PROPER conditioning. Ever seen an olympic runner with calves like his, or an incredible martial artist that big? Nope.

They are muscular, without a doubt, but their body and mass is built into a balanced and streamlined manner. You're car metaphor is handy buoy... because essentially we're comparing a 1000bhp Charger and a 300bhp WRC Evo... that's the difference in body build up.

And going by Tiger sense... let's triple the mass of a tiger and see how it compares to a normal one.

srbdrfta, your arms are NOT what determines the speed and power of a punch. A punch is a function of your entire body.

PROPER conditioning.  That guy is not PROPER conditioning.  Ever seen an olympic runner with calves like his, or an incredible martial artist that big?  Nope.

They are muscular, without a doubt, but their body and mass is built into a balanced and streamlined manner.  You're car metaphor is handy buoy... because essentially we're comparing a 1000bhp Charger and a 300bhp WRC Evo... that's the difference in body build up.

And going by Tiger sense... let's triple the mass of a tiger and see how it compares to a normal one.

yes proper conditioning is the key. and i hope that question is rhetorical, since NOBODY is that big - period :rolleyes:

however if we rephrase the question to something along the lines of "are there any massively built martial artists?" then the answer would be :yes: yes, of course.

anything that requires explosive speed benefits from huge muscle mass - with PROPER conditioning.

for instance, a properly conditioned heavily built physique would be able to run faster than a properly conditioned lightly built physique... which is why the 100m olympic sprinters are all built crazily huge.

also, a properly conditioned heavily built physique would be able to deliver a massive amount of energy via punching at a rate very close to a lighter built physique. this is why boxing heavyweights such as mike tyson can be seen training with their fists blurring the frames.

it is, thirdly, also true that size does matter when "sizing up" an opponent. the larger, more heavily muscled being has a distinct advantage over the smaller less built opponent. this is true at school when you are being bullied. this is true at the pub when 2 guys fight. in fact, weight is such an advantage that in boxing - the heavier individual was winning so much of the time that to create arbitrary "fairness" and to keep the odds reasonable, the professional boxing organisations introduced "weight classes" into the sport.

far out, who cares? He's not training to be fast, he wants to be the biggest man alive and he's succeeded.

I think what GT4Shadow is talking about is something like: WHat hurts more a punch from a big guy or a skinny guy?

SKinny guy right, smaller fist, less weight distribution.

This guy could still probably drop everyone here if he wanted to but he's a model essentially so its not his thing.

f**k his ablility to punch someone.

i wonder what his endurance would be like?

lol and yeh if he trains more hes gonna rip muscle from his own bones..

think about akira

he will have very small testicles

i was thinking the same thing !!!

great minds think alike

bigbeachsm.jpg

Do the make those costumes for men?

ps: Nice tan.