Sign in to follow this  
buoy

Ronnie Coleman 8x Olympia... will he die?

The roids will kill him. Simple as that. Renal Failure.

Man im confused, are roids legal for this comp or not?

I mean, i assumed that most bodybuilding contests didn't allow the use of roids......but this one does?

Man im confused, are roids legal for this comp or not?

I mean, i assumed that most bodybuilding contests didn't allow the use of roids......but this one does?

There are two types of body building, Mr Natural and Mr Olympiad. Go figure... i assume an assortment of drugs would be required to become that huge. Not just roids. And i like his flippers

the guy is friggin huge,he reminds me a bit like that big huge black guy from green mile....but bigger :lol:

they need that for the olympics i reckon, one for natural and the other, they can take whatever drugs they want, it would be great to watch, 400pound men wrestling, weightlifting 600kg's, 30m long jump, 400m run in 25 seconds, javelin throw 1.1ks, etc

I actually agree partially with GT4Shadow about the martial arts thing. If you look at olympic runners for instance they are designed for going maximum speed in a straight line and regardless they are big but they are nothing compared to this guy. If you think of other sports that require more agility atheletes don't tend to be as big (not saying they are necessarily small just relatively smaller).

Now power in a punch is not solely determined by size it if a factor of speed times mass however most martial artists even cannot put there entire bodyweight effectively in a hit. It is wrong to assume that just because someone is heavy that they will be efficiently able to put there entire body weight into a strike.

Further both power and strength which whist they are related they are definately different things certainly aren't the sole determinants of who is the better fighter.

Anyway back to topic this guy is stupidly big. Even Mr Natural competions are very unhealthy. The amount of juice that this guy must be taking surely he can't live long.

Its funny that this thread should come up because

a. I live with someone who is a BBuilder

b. I just finished a 4K word essay on WADA code and its place in sport.

the larger object wins. this is true for many things even where strength is not as applicable. for instance:

thats why mercedes benz luxury cars that are "safe" are over 2,000kg.

thats why fullbacks are built big and tough... so they can block the forward without being thrown back several bodylengths.

thats why larger family cars have a better crash/safety rating than smaller lighter cars.

sure, you can question the larger one's ability when compared to the smaller, but then thats not an "all other things being equal" comparison. the fact is, "all other things being equal" larger sized objects have more inertial mass, which in the grand scheme of things, is a major advantage.

there was a video link posted a while ago about 30 hornets vs 30,000 bees. a hornet is about 5 times the size of a bee.

... the hornets win :rolleyes: size does matter. size AND strength is an almost insurmountable advantage. it's like comparing a kid to a fully grown adult - it doesn't matter if the kid knows death moves from shao lin... one smack across the face from your right hand and that kid is toast!

but i tend to agree, as we're specifically talking here about ronnie coleman, that yes i dont think he has any martial arts experience and he's not conditioned to take advantage of his weight/strength in that purpose... but there are others (flex wheeler) that do martial arts and win tournaments.

they probably made it on him, lolz just for the one off on jay leno. I actually watched him on foxtel and had no clue who he was. And yes the interviewer beat him easy in a little race around the beach.

Anywayz buoy you seem to know alot? any tips to bulking asap? i want to gain a bit more weight for summer :D

Size does not always win. If you look at cars lighter cars turn better so when corners are involved it is an advantage to be lighter. Now if the two people were to charge at each other and smash into each other then the bigger person wins. but that isn't the aim in fighting agility and the ability to change direction quickly is more important. Your mistake is that you are assuming that power travels in one direction and that is it. the more mass then the longer it takes to change direction. This is the failure of the fullback analogy as you are assuming that are just coliding force against force. It is straight forward to avoid or redirect one blow, takedown or any form of attack unless one of the fighters is far superior.

The bee to hornet thing is not a good comparison. It is just as easy to say look at a pit bull versus a person. The person is bigger but the pit bull will at least be able to defeat the vast majority of people.

Human versus human is a different story. Look at boxing for instance. Muhammad Ali was not the heaviest or most powerful but when he started his professional career no one could even get close to hitting him. And he just toyed with his opponents. When he was older and lost his speed he one with his brain. Now as soon as you take the gloves off the equation changes again

Now the kid to adult is not a fair comparison either as kids aren't developed so there is no way they can generate the power. But think of someone small like Bruce Lee for instance do you honestly think that even if your huge if he hits you in the right spot do you think you will still be alive. He surely has enough power that if he hits you in the right spot you will be dead. There are weak spots all over the human body. I don’t think Bruce lee is the best martial artist ever by the way just using him to make a point.

I'm certainly not saying it is better to be tiny or anything but there are many factors involved you are oversimplifying the situation. I would of thought that there would be an optimal size given a certain physic, but I would certainly not think that that is to get as big as possible.

No athletic sport that I can think of do athletes get as big as they possible can so why do you think fighting would be any different.

Because most people don't think fighting is anything more than two cavemen belting each other in the head... they don't recognise that there is a science to it.

s15_is_sx you and me aren't talking about the same thing.

YOU are talking about when all things besides size are NOT equal.

I am talking about when ALL OTHER THINGS BESIDES SIZE ARE EQUAL.

understand?

Phunkin: apart from the obvious train rah rah rah eat rah rah rah sleep rah rah rah... try and make it a part of your lifestyle, because everyone finds it hard to always keep a focus - but if you make it part of your lifestyle, and bbing is a long term goal, you'll head in the right direction.

that's my tip.

s15_is_sx you and me aren't talking about the same thing.

YOU are talking about when all things besides size are NOT equal.

I am talking about when ALL OTHER THINGS BESIDES SIZE ARE EQUAL.

understand?

What I would argue is that given a certain natural physic (the same for both people and holding all else constant except how much bulk gained though say weight training) then there is an optimum size which is not to get as big as possible. For starters to seriously train martial arts you need stamina and the bigger the muscle the less stamina. At the same time strength is required therefore bigger muscle. Further The ability to change direction quickly which would be when your power to weight is maximum I would think. Now if your muscle gets to big you lose power to weight ratio. There is surely an optimum size (given a specific physic) but it is not to get as big as one possible can.

Now what I think you are saying is that given that same physic, and all else equal then it is best to get as big as one can. I don't agree.

For starters to seriously train martial arts you need stamina and the bigger the muscle the less stamina.

Not necessarily true.

In the tour de france, stamina is obviously important. Have you seen the cyclists' legs? they are huge. If you got a lot more muscle doing the same amount of work, the muscle is working at a lower intensity, giving better stamina.

But i do agree, there's probably an optimum size for each sport,

He looks gross.

Thats not the point, People that look normal dont win Mr Olympia's

Its like calling a sumo wrestler fat, its beyond the point.

All I'm going to say with the martial arts debate before I'm completely done is this... I'm the only black belt on this board to my knowledge... I train in a dojo that has an eigth dan, a seventh dan, three third dans a second dan and me... and not a single person there is bulging muscle.

My trainer is muscular, he's the only guy I've seen who has a developed muscle over his solerplex, but he's not massive at all, he is perfectly refined; his whole body is streamlined like a damn jaguar.

Now what I think you are saying is that given that same physic, and all else equal then it is best to get as big as one can. I don't agree.

:blink: ... shakes head ...

i know you're type. there are always a few kids at school who are quite bright but totally flunk PartC with the marker's note: "Read the question" or "Student failed to understand the question and answered the wrong question." :no:

now, not only were we talking about different things, now what you think i'm saying is not what i'm saying (from above). fwiw i don't agree with the above quoted statement either, so i'm hoping its dawning on you that you've been fighting a phantom menace all along. heh. B)

there are assumptions that have been made, quite wrongly, as to my position. i said bigger isn't necessarily bad. this DOES NOT imply "and all else equal then it is best to get as big as one can" does it? No :no: of course not. That would be JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS.

;) bah.

This guy must be incredibily fit in order to continue to perform at the level he does.

The sheer amount of muscle output and recovery done per workout is staggering. He would have to have a good digestion and a strong appetite. Just to maintain his size, workout hard and recover would be very taxing on his body. He would have to be very healthy in alot of departments just to handle this workload. He ain't fat.

He is the biggest bodybuilder for his height.

Stop dreaming Martial artists, this guy would simply grab you and start breaking things (didn't you learn anything from the Ultimate Fighting and no-holds barred contests ? ). No-one asked wether he was slow or a good fighter, or wether he had a good sense of humour etc. Sure if he could do a somersault it is going to be slower than a chinese girl acrobat, but in general muscle ain't gonna slow down your hand speed in a straight punch that much. In this guys case he will be a little slow as he wouldn't want to pull his shoulder or elbow out from throwing a hard punch into thin air.

He definitely ain't gonna win any running races, he has built up to the strength limit of the joints and his recovery ability, I don't think he can get any bigger.

------------

If you want to debate the merits of size in Martial Arts have a look at Bob Sapp. I haven't been following the K1 lately, but Bob is 175 kg and the only guy that I've heard that beat him was the "Cro Cop" who himself is no spring chicken but a heck of alot faster, more experienced and more skillful. Previously the 'unskilled' Bob had taken out quite a few skillful kickboxers.

BobSapp.jpg

BobSapp2.jpg

A good small guy can take out a big guy.

What can a good big guy do ?

The pic of the guy you posted is just f**king huge. But it don't matter, A smaller guy can still kill him. :yes:

what if the little guy had a gun?

nah i'd like to see bruce lee take on a riod head like that guy - bruce lee would kill him and he's small as, just fast as lightening and realy skilled.

Buoy Hmm just your earlier posts properly and know I see what you are on about, my appologies for the invalid assumption and my poor interpretation of what you were saying. Bah its the internet we arn't being examined I don't want to spend my life on here so I just read things quickly.

Anyway GT4shadow I can't believe your so arrogant to assume you are the only blackbelt (or at least bring up that you are the only one you are aware of) on a board with over 3000 members who are mostly young people at that. Maybe just not everybody wants to brag all the time about 4 years of martial arts experience.

Anyway GT4shadow I can't believe your so arrogant to assume you are the only blackbelt (or at least bring up that you are the only one you are aware of) on a board with over 3000 members who are mostly young people at that. Maybe just not everybody wants to brag all the time about 4 years of martial arts experience.

I can't believe you could misread a situation so badly, considering you've already mistaken buoy's posts I'll take it that your passion for your own point of view overrides other possibilities.

I stated only truth as I have seen it. There have been many martial arts threads in the past and no one has mentioned anything about earning a black belt... if I'm wrong then I'd be glad to be corrected, but don't for a second mistake a genuine statement for arrogance pretaining to martial arts.

Most people will tell you that a black belt is only your liscense to begin learning martial arts. It's the point when you realise you don't have anything in the first place... I don't see how it could breed arrogance in someone. It's counter to the premise of the rank in the first place.

And a black belt should take more than four years of experience to earn... I got my black after 6 and my Shodan after 7... or was that 7 and 8... either way.

Arrogance?

I look up everytime I train at people so far more developed as human beings than I am that there is almost no comparison to me.

Arrogance, I have nothing to be arrogant about, thank you.

Buoy Hmm just your earlier posts properly and know I see what you are on about, my appologies for the invalid assumption and my poor interpretation of what you were saying. Bah its the internet we arn't being examined I don't want to spend my life on here so I just read things quickly.

Dude there's about 15000 member here I think.

Phunkn

Group: Newbie

Member No.: 24387

Member number 24387, that was a month ago, i suppose thats assuming everyone who joined before phunken is still a member..