Sign in to follow this  
Drift Spunk

My training program

Hi people i thought i would share what my traing program involves, firstly i'll tell ya a little about myself;

im 23 years old, 184cm tall, cauasian Australian male.

My job use to be a Warehouse/Logistics Manager so i was allways on the go that help me keep fit and motivated i also went o the gym 3 times a week but did loose motivation to go. once i took up a new job i was basically in a office from 8am-4pm and i would hardly do any type of physical exercise and i aslo began to eat crap.

I also like to party alot and drink booze which did not benefit my fitness, i bet this happens to everyone!

well anyway i enforced a diet plan and training program to shred the kilos, keep muscle and build muscle, and let me tell you what the key is, LOW CARBS, HI PROTEIN, LOW SUGAR, LOW SODIUM, LOW FAT, HIGH FIBRE

LOSSING FAT

FOOD:

* have a protein shake 3 times a days (breakfest, lunch and dinner) get one with very low carbs and low sugar

*eat fruit during the day and vegetables at night between shakes

KEEP TO THIS EATING PLAN UNTILL YOU REACH YOU WEIGHT TARGET

EXERCISE:

* jog/walk 4-5km per day (morning is best on a empty stomach as research shows it burns fat 300% faster!)

* 20mins on a bike or another jog late that afternoon

GAINING MUSCLE ( I'M CURRENTLY LIMITING MYSELF IN THIS AS FAT LOSS IS THE FIRST STEP

Basically what suits you best, free weights are the best, i was using the facilities in the gym, work the part of the body you want to improve, in my case the chest and stomach as my legs. arms and shoulders are allready at the limit i want them to be so i was doing the bencg press and sit ups etc...

LOW CARBS=burn fat faster, reduce hunger pains, increase metabolism to limit fat stores

HIGH PROTEIN= fills you up, stops hunger pains, gives you energy

LOW FAT= low fat diets decrease levels of stored fat

Restricting your body's access to carbohydrates will make your body look elsewhere for fuel - next stop STORED FAT. You now become a fat burning machine.

Below is my chart showing my progress, i fell faster on my feet, more motvation, more strenghth and more lean. once i hit my goal i will be doing serious weight training to gain 5kg in muscle

--------- weight--- fat%--- water%

week 1- 98.6--- 24.9--- 50.6

week 2- 97.8--- 23.4--- 51.3

week 3- 95.9--- 22.9--- 51.4

week 4- 94.2--- 20.3--- 53.2

week 5- 92.8--- 19.1--- 54.6

week 6-

week 7-

week 8-

GOAL--- 90--- 16- -- 60

Good work on the weight loss. Pretty healthy loses there.

Your results are pretty good,your information is poor.By all means post up what worked for you,but I want to make sure this forum has accurate information.

Low fat diet does not decrease fat stores.Fat is a by product of excess calories,be it fat,protein or carbs.

Low intensity aerobics does not burn more calories than high intensity work.Once you stop low intensity work,your body stops burning extra calories,your body has been shown to burn extra calories for up to 8 hours after high intensity work.

Low carbs does not increase your metabolism,any reduction in calories slows your metabolism.

The reason you do bench press and not squats is because like 99% of people who are out of shape,you are lazy,that is poor advice to give someone looking to get in shape.Squatting burns 3 times the calories that bench press does.

Eating no solid meals for an extended period does no good to your metabolism,its fine for up to 4 weeks if you drasticaly need to lose weight for a high school reunion,but there are better ways for long term benefits.

The way you are training and eating,your weight loss would comprise muscle as well as fat and water,dont be naive and think you can eat like that,do some benches and maintain muscle,a third of your weight loss would be muscle tissue.

Hope this helps,and if your not sure what your posting about,ask someone who does,there are heaps of guys on this forum who know all this.

Low fat diet does not decrease fat stores.Fat is a by product of excess calories,be it fat,protein or carbs.

Low carbs does not increase your metabolism,any reduction in calories slows your metabolism.

The way you are training and eating,your weight loss would comprise muscle as well as fat and water,dont be naive and think you can eat like that,do some benches and maintain muscle,a third of your weight loss would be muscle tissue.

Ok but my source on the first 2 senteces quoted are from a Dietician from a weight loss company and aparently it is proven facts, i'm no expert but im just using knowledge i've read, all maybe i've just word it wrong which i suppose you have to be carefull of doing...

For the third sentence, ive noticed alot of fat around my face and neck has gone which makes it more defined and my legs and arms are very lean but still have alot of strength in both but my ultimate goal it to get rid of the fat on my chest and stomach, i do have muscle there and it is hard but i want to define it.

ps; M&M may i ask if health and fitness is part of your occupation or do you have some type of training/education?

cheers

No self respecting dietician would work with a weight loss company.

It is not rocket science.Look what you did to get fat,and reverse it.

You say you have alot of strength in your arms,you weigh around 90kg,try and do chins with over 30kg hanging off you,thats what 78kg 180GO can do,does that make him Superman.Can you squat 180kg like Adamjk,what is your definition of strong arms and legs????

Post up your training poundages so we can see what strong is.

You only listed fat and water loss.Did your expert forget to tell you its not possible to lose weight without losing muscle tissue unless you are taking heaps of steroids.That makes your fat loss chart useless and very innacurate.

I have been involved in the Health and Fitness industry on and off for 28 years,training competitive powerlifters,body transformation,young athletes.How about you.

I am determined to keep this forum full of accurate information.Buoy and 180 mph have different opinions to me on some things,but mostly their information is very accurate.

Do yourself a favour and have a read through the m&m training thread,57 pages might be alot,but there is a ton of quality information in there from heaps of experienced lifters.

Good luck

i can can roughly leg press over 160kg 6x4, bicep curls 40-45kg 8x6 and bench press around 90kg 8x6 i just suppose it doenst feel like ive lost strenghth, well not much to notice anyway in a one year period. i use to train when i was 17-19 years old and on and off again bwtween 20-22, I played rugby too, this would help with keeping strenghth would it? my chest and stomach have muscle but ive just got abit of fatty bits over it which i want to define and lean

Okay now try and swap that leg press to squats instead. See how things go. Even doing half that weight in squats will give you better results in the fat burning quest.

You'd have to look at having some real meat instead of the protein shakes all the time. Milk is great, but don't overrely on it. There is essential protein that only comes from meat and eggs. (is it leucine ? I forget which one)

I'm skeptical about not eating carbs all the time, they are good for energy (protein sparing) and help pump everything else around the system. I can tell when I'm low on carbs, and you can feel your body come alive more when you eat them. My gut feel is that you have to have carbs in order to stay in good working order and you need to be in good working order to lose weight and train well. I'd be inclined to recommend that you do eat only the carbs you need in the morning and lunch time and have dinner as early as possible, before 7, this definitely works for losing weight (I'd forgotten about that one myself, but alot of people have made that change cause it works), of course you have to train regularly. Sleep is also the big one for losing weight, you need 7-8 minimum.

GREAT PROGRESS ON THE CHART. CONGRATULATIONS, you're heart is definitely in it.

The training before breakfast definitely works too. I can't do it right now, I start to early, you have to go gently on the joints if you train before breakfast too.

my ultimate goal it too loose fat, i do eat around 8 eggs a week and fish 3 times per week starting from week 4.

I've also had no alcohol in this time

i've actually started doing squats begining from week 4