Sign in to follow this  
180_mph

The who's who of Fitness Diet Bodybuilding

Name: Josh

Where do you train?: Home and MBS in Richmond

Weight: 91kg at the moment, up from 80 in jan

How long have you been lifting?: About 2 years, the last year has been the most dedicated and structured, with a workout plan and a partner being a big help

What are your short-term goals?: To deadlift 180 in the next 2 months.

Long term goals?: How long term is long term?? I plan on making the olmpics after beijing, that is my main goal.( Not in lifting, shooting things lol)

A bit about yourself: I drive a bashed up silvia and in my free time shoot clay targets (trench), i work in town as an IT consultant / Business Analyst. Im keen for any outdoor sport and will try anything once.

NAME > Coop

AGE > 26

LOCATION > Blacktown, Sydney

WHERE DO I TRAIN > Fitness First (rip off i know :yes: )

WEIGHT > 78KGS

HOW LONG LIFTING > On and off 6 years, more full on for 18 months

SHORT TERM GOALS > None, maintain i guess

LONG TERM GOALS > Thinking about trying to bulk after summer (self confessed mirror athlete). Interested to see what figures i could produce, although i am scared that i might not be able to lose the gained weight, if any. I would love to get to 90kgs and strip down to 85 for next summer, just dont know if i have the discipline

A BIT ABOUT URSELF > Got own business, play heaps of Oztag competitively since i cant play league (workers insurance). Marrying my Mrs next year. Nice to meet everyone

Edited by COOP

NAME - Jessi

AGE- 19 end of the month

LOCATION - South Adelaide Hills SA

WHERE DO I TRAIN - For the moment, at home

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LIFTING - Currently focusing on fat loss rather than lifting. As far as cario goes im very active - minimum of an hour a day on exersize bike. Then usualy for another hour after that i will do pilates, running, sit-ups, squats, stretches.

SHORT TERM GOALS - continue losing 1-2 kilos p/week, continue eating plan and stay motivated

LONG TERM GOALS - Continue with the path i am on now.

A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF - When i was about 15-16 i lost around 15-20 kilos. Over the years they have crept back due to an illness i encountered back in 2005 that kept me in bed for the best part of a year. I have an abnormaly slow metabolisim because of medicaion/operations as a child. So weight as always been a struggle. I work in one of the most superficial industrys out there (make-up artist, beauty therapist) Where if your not looking good, its unlikely you will get buisness or a job. Sad but true.

I have been training with a good friend of mine. She evaluated me and my circumstances and constructed a protein diet for me. Its strict, and there isnt much room for error. But its working. I have lost almost 8 kilos now in the space of 4 months. Since becoming very serious about this ive noticed if i have a bad weekend of eating or drinking, instead of gaining weight - i just dont lose it. Thats a first for me.

For the past week i have been using a product by Gen-tec which i belive is having a positive impact.

Since making this a complete LIFESTYLE change, rather than just a quick fix, ive noticed huge differences in me as a whole. I rarely get depressed about anything, always see the positives, i feel good because i look better, and i look healthier now, always feel ontop of everything.

Im looking forward to when i can start lifting. Once i start i will make a thread and keep everything recorded so you all can see my progress. Im a regular reader of this section, but atm i dont feel i have enough knowledge to be able to comment on 99% of the topics. So when i start lifting - expect 100,000 questions lol.

Hehe I know what you mean about the lack of knowledge to post anything useful. As you've probably seen with other noobie members, its good to read through relevant parts of the article directory before you ask your 100,000 questions :P

Just curious though, what are you waiting for to start lifting?

If you search around this section you find that most advocate high intensity interval training (HIIT) with weights or sprinting etc. for the most efficient weight loss. Also due to medication and a medical condition, I struggled with my weight for a long time growing up. I spent an hour running everyday and doing (an ill informed) weights routine every second day to control my weight. Looking back now I wish I knew what I do now. I would have saved a lot of time and joint damage while getting better results with a routine I could keep up.

Markos seems keen to get more female lifters on here so I'm sure you'll be welcomed if its an area you're interested in getting into.

Anyway welcome to the section and good luck :)

I've spoken to Jessi alot on pm.

Hehe I know what you mean about the lack of knowledge to post anything useful. As you've probably seen with other noobie members, its good to read through relevant parts of the article directory before you ask your 100,000 questions :P

Just curious though, what are you waiting for to start lifting?

If you search around this section you find that most advocate high intensity interval training (HIIT) with weights or sprinting etc. for the most efficient weight loss. Also due to medication and a medical condition, I struggled with my weight for a long time growing up. I spent an hour running everyday and doing (an ill informed) weights routine every second day to control my weight. Looking back now I wish I knew what I do now. I would have saved a lot of time and joint damage while getting better results with a routine I could keep up.

Markos seems keen to get more female lifters on here so I'm sure you'll be welcomed if its an area you're interested in getting into.

Anyway welcome to the section and good luck :)

Thankyou!!

Im all honesty the reason im waiting to start lifting is atm i ONLY want to concentrate on cardio. Ive run it all past my doctor who also agrees that at this point in time i should have 100% focus on cardio. I guess, its whats working for me. When it comes to weight loss its rare for me to find something that works well, where i can see results. Im a bit scared to introduce something else at this stage.. if that makes sence.

www.myspace.com/dorigaru - Thats me now, so i dont have much left to lose, maybe 5 kilos.

Name: Nina

Height: 161cm

Weight: 59kg

Where do you train?: Home

How long have you been lifting?: Started when I met Markos in 1988. Only breaks have been from 1992 to 1997 while I gave birth to our 5 kids.

What are your short-term goals?: National bench press record at the next State Titles .To get my deadlift up to 120kg. To get my squat up to 120kg.

Long term goals: To add more National records to my State records. To keep getting stronger into my 50's.

Name: James

Weight: 90kg

Height: 181cm

Where do you train?: ANU gym heavy weights room

How long have you been lifting?: 10 Months

What are your short-term goals?: Get my deadlift up from 150 to 180, and get my military press up from 70 to bodyweight, also to pump out 20 rep squats on 100 (currently at 70) .... so pretty much reaching 200-300-400 club

Long term goals?: 300-400-500 club, lose some body fat and get real hard.

A bit about yourself: Played football (soccer) since i was six till i was 18, used to play tennis and do a lot of distance running. Used to be skinny as, stopped doing sport so much and ended up being fat, but always had muscle, so decided to train when i moved to uni. Put on about 10kg in 10 months.

Name: Jaye

Where do you train?: Zest Healthclub

How long have you been lifting?: A year, of which 2-3 months of that has been serious.

What are your short-term goals?: To bench bodyweight (70kg), Squat 90kg for 20 reps, deadlift 150kg and reach 75kg bodyweight

Long term goals: To maintain my goal weight, to keep increasing my strength and basically turn training and eating more into a lifestyle change.

A bit about yourself: I spent 8 months pissing around with isolation movements and got sick of small gains. So following Marko's skinny guy routine and its fantastic.

I'm a uni student studying commerce and finance, and I work at a servo to get me through uni. I also enjoy long walks along the beach and candle light dinners :rolleyes:

Name: Markos

Where do you train?: Home gym

How long have you been lifting?: On and off since 1979.....28 years

What are your short-term goals?: To stay healthy and keep getting stronger

Long term goals: To see every member on this site....... military 150- bench 200-squat 300-dead 400

A bit about yourself: I like Pina Coladas, getting caught in the rain, I am not into Yoga, and I have half a brain, I like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape, I'm the love that youv'e looked for, write to me and escape

You idiot when was the last time you had a Pina Colada, but I do agree about the half a brain.

Do you mean chit chat like you and I replying to each others posts, as we have both just done??????

Name: Alan

Where do you train?: Health Club

How long have you been lifting?: 5 months

What are your short-term goals?: Get bigger and stronger

Long term goals: too many to list

A bit about yourself: love jap imports and into all kinds of sports

Name: John

Where do you train?: home gym.. in my room..

How long have you been lifting?: start of this year.. so 1 year

What are your short-term goals?: get bigger tri's and back

Long term goals?: military 150- bench 200-squat 300-dead 400

A bit about yourself: i want to get big and strong

Edited by Perfect_Forge

Name: Blake

Height: 175cm

Weight: 65-70kg

Where do you train?: Australian Institute of Sport

How long have you been lifting?: A little over a year

What are your short-term goals?: Be 10kgs heavier this time next year, get squat up to 150, dead to 200.

Long term goals: keep gaining, get to 90kgs before I compete at 19. And go really really fast!!!!

motor racing :lol:

NAME > Gabriel

AGE > 27

LOCATION > Singapore

WHERE DO I TRAIN > California Fitness and another private gym

WEIGHT > 86KGS

HOW LONG LIFTING > On and off 8 years, seriously for 6 months

SHORT TERM GOALS > Lose weight to 80 kg. Return to my max bench of 130kg

LONG TERM GOALS > Maintain weight at 80kg and get ripped.

A BIT ABOUT URSELF > Public relations consultant. Other than weight-lifting, train in Muay Thai and is into modding my S15. :)

What's your sport Blake?
As much as i'm inclined to say a jockey :lol: it's powerlifting. Unless he switched to being a jockey recently.

One of the strongest 16 yr olds i've met. The progress he's made in such little time is amazing.

The kid's a nut.

Name: Craig

Height: 175cm

Weight: 80-82kg / 12.5% bf

Where do you train?: Planet Fitness

How long have you been lifting?: Two and a half years

What are your short-term goals?: Eat more.

Long term goals: 90kg bw @

Name: Scott aka Scoota

Where do you train?: Body Workshop and occassionally at home

Weight: 83kg (fluctuate between 80-86kg)

Height: 178cm

How long have you been lifting?: 2 years. Spent the first year purely on cables and eating crap thinking i'd 'burn it off' lol. Been taking it seriously the last 12 months however by hitting the free weights, eating healthy and having a 'routine'

What are your short-term goals?: To bench 130kg within the next 2-3 months

Long term goals?: Become alot more leaner and bench 150kg

A bit about yourself: I live by myself in a place I bought last year, love my friends, riding my motorbike and watching dvd's :)

Name: Chris

Where do you train?: ANU Gym

Weight: 99kg

Height: 6ft - 183cm ish

How long have you been lifting?: 1 year on and off (missed 3 months due to illness :(, and 1 month through back injury)

What are your short-term goals?: Get my powerlifting total to 500kg- current best lifts total 475kg - 110 bench, 145 squat, 220 dead

Long term goals?: press bodyweight overhead, bench 3 plates, dead 6 plates, squat 2x bodyweight

A bit about yourself: i'm studying engineering at uni, hope to design cars one day. i love my imports, and have been lusting after a 32 GTR for as long as i can remember. I have been playing first grade soccer for last few years, but kinda addicted to lifting now, but it should carry through to my soccer nicely, because i am a goalkeeper(no running ftw :) ).

welcome aboard brother. done some awesome lifts lately, too bad your military press is still worse than mine lol.

NAME - JULZ

FROM - MELBOURNE

WHERE I TRAIN - CRUNCHTIME STUDIOS

CURRENT WEIGHT - APPROX 118KGS

HEIGHT - 190CM

GOAL WEIGHT - 80KG THEN BULK UP TO ABOUT 100KG

COMMENTS - AFTER GETTING TO MY GOAL WEIGHT OG 85KS 2 YEARS AGO AND FEELING OK ABOUT IT I GOT A BIT LAZY AND HAVE PUT ON A SHIT LOAD OF WEIGHT IN THE LAST 18MONTHS, I JUST GOT MYSELF A PERSONAL TRAINER WHICH I SEE ATM TWICE A WEEK AND THEN I WILL USE HIS ADVICE TO TRAIN BY MYSELF AT THE LOCAL GYM. IM MOVING TO QUEENSLAND SOON FOR A WHILE AND I WILL BE TRAINING AT FITNESS FIRST PLATINUM WITH MY UNCLE SO SHOULD BE GOOD

about time i posted in here i think.

NAME - Andrew

AGE- 24

LOCATION - Camberwell, Melbourne, Vic

WHERE DO I TRAIN - Bodyworld Camberwell

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN LIFTING - been doing pushups since i was 17, been gyming since i was 18

SHORT TERM GOALS - 80kg lean

LONG TERM GOALS - keep at 80kg lean, increase strength. 1 arm chinup, 120kg bench, 35 dips, 30 chins.

A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF - I DONT WANT TO BE MASSIVE!! i know, hard to believe. Ben Johnson has my ideal physique. I started of at around 60kg.. very small and thin, pictures of the comparion in the "post pics of your body" thread, that was after 2 years of training... training wrong.

Doing isoalte exercises, not eating = bad.

Started eating heaps very clean... chicken, steak, protein plus!! ... started to grow immediatly shot up to 70kg. Currently, as of yesterday morning im 74.. but this fluctuates. I train my abs nearly everytime i go to gym, i keep hearing people say it wont do anything, mine are still improving though, personal experience takes priority for me.

I used to do alot of distance running, this also stoped me gaining, but i loved it, i now do 10x100m sprints, im getting better tone through this and my respiration and cardio is the same if not better. Many people pm me about my training, feel free to do so, im more than happy to help.

Im now working as a recruitment consultant, time is being cut short and my training is suffering. I would be happy to maintain. I own a fat black 180sx, soon to also own a daytona 675 :D

bahahahaha cheers lol

Name: Shaun

Where do you train?: home

How long have you been lifting?: not long enough, seriously for a bout 4 months now

What are your short-term goals?: perfect technique, lift more, rest more, eat more

Long term goals?: 90kg's lean

A bit about yourself: 22 Taurus like long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners. started off as a 95kg fat pig, lost alot of weight all the way down to 70kg, then started doing weights not to long ago, i know i should have started when i was a fatty, would have been more effective then now, however at the time i just wanted to get skinny not built however now my perspective has changed. i didnt take doing squats, deadlifts and military presses seriously, just bench and arms (thank god for ns.com's body building section) up until 4 months ago, since then there has been a vast improvement in my physique, and now i understand the saying "shut up and squat", also never really use to eat right, if u look on the "what did u eat today thread" id put tuna and boiled veggies WTF, now i hear from my mum " WHERE DID ALL THE CHICKEN GO?" anyways i love sex and have a fear of getting fat again ok bye bye

Name: Dave

Where do you train?: FF - Bondi / KX

How long have you been lifting?: "Lifting" started yesterday, "gymming" 3 months.

What are your short-term goals?: Reach 75kg - Be a better person

Long term goals?: Maintain 80kg lean.

A bit about yourself: I drive an S15. Squatted yesterday and hurting.