Sign in to follow this  
meminto

Project "Baller" - The quest to break 1000hp..

My Silvia is running...

Is yours?

sick1.gif

I wish it was mate, wish it was sad.gif

Still going through a bit of crap with the seperation and some other things going on...

One day it will be finished lol.. maybe...

Man I knew you would be finished before me ranting3.gif lol.... all good brother, you must be stoked!

hi mate i want to run my stock inlet manfold but i want to take out the 4 butterflys do you no if it will still run good

My Silvia is running...

Is yours?

sick1.gif

Still going through a bit of crap with the seperation and some other things going on...

Man I knew you would be finished before me ranting3.gif lol.... all good brother, you must be stoked!

hi mate i want to run my stock inlet manfold but i want to take out the 4 butterflys do you no if it will still run good

How much power you planning to make? Anything under mid 300kw will gain you no advantage.

Have a read;

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=365186

with my old car i had them removed and found i lost a bit of low down talk but with the custom plenum and bigger turbo i found what i lost i gained up top.

Very impressive meminto! one day after my 180 is finished id like to do something like this and explore the potential of the ole CA18 :)

keep up the good work! id love to see it when its finished

My Silvia is running...

Is yours?

sick1.gif

How much power you planning to make? Anything under mid 300kw will gain you no advantage.

Have a read;

http://www.nissansil...howtopic=365186

cool thanks for that good info iv got ca18det and a ca18de will i get any gains in power if i used the non turbo cams

ca16 and ca18 exhaust cams on the intake side of a ca18 has a few gains to be made.

What a nice build. Anything more to ad for us to see =]

meminto profile:

Most Active In:

Silvia Technical / Mechanical (2248 posts)

21-November 02

Profile Views:

Last Active:

May 12 2011 07:16 PM

and to break the bad news...

http://nissansilvia....l=&fromsearch=1

i believe he has still kept the motor to revisit the idea at a later date but this is the last thing that has been heard...

Wow that sucks Matt :( hope everything is going ok.

Will look forward to this build in a couple years :)

Well it has been a while since I have logged into the site...

Unfortunately baller just sits in the garage now whilst I think about what to do with her... I just haven't had the enthusiasm to continue the work..

I won't be finishing off the compounding turbo setup, not that it wouldn't have worked, I just havent really got the inspiration anymore to achieve it..

If I don't find any inspiration soon, I think I will just part ways with the project if the right offer came up...

man i feel for ya and hope you get through this alright

i remember seeing this build years ago and it gave me inspiration to keep on going with my builds, and the fact its still in your garage must say something

i feel/ hope you'll bounce back and the bug will bite again

good luck for the future man

Thanks mate it is time to move on... Need the dollars now and I lost my passion for building cars...

When I am back on top of things maybe it will fire up the passion but for now, I would rather see some lucky bugger pick up a steal and enjoy it as I never got the chance too..

need some stuff for my project... have you got a bit of a list of parts and how much your chasing? thnxs...

So sad I'd been hoping you'd change your mind and finish this but hay clawing back dollars is always a good thing too.

need some stuff for my project... have you got a bit of a list of parts and how much your chasing? thnxs...

Yeah mate in one of my posts above is a link,,,

So sad I'd been hoping you'd change your mind and finish this but hay clawing back dollars is always a good thing too.

Thanks mate...

its disappointing, but for the best. if i had the money i would buy your motor :( i would love to put it to good use!!

Shit this page is still up lol...

Miss my build..

nah was parted out years ago... sorry to dissapoint all.. I havent logged in here for so long I thought I would snoop and see if it was still up...

what a dick tease