Sign in to follow this  
chaos85

Can I put my airbag from ADM steering wheel into JDM wheel?

Hey guys,

I want to switch to a JDM S15 steering wheel cause I think it looks much better. One question is, can I simply take out my airbag out of my current ADM steering wheel(perfectly functional and fitted to my car at the moment) and connect it and place it into a JDM steering wheel? Will it still function properly in the case of an accident?

Edited by chaos85

I can't imagine them being different, but as long as it all plugs in and fits as it should, no dramas.

DO NOT CUT AND JOIN ANY OF THE AIR BAG CONNECTORS/WIRING!!!

Thanks. Anyone else have an input? Apparently the airbag if attached to the center piece of the wheel(with the "S" logo). Would it be possible to remove the airbag from the centre piece without damaging or voiding the airbag?

direct swap. plugs wire watever.

direct swap. plugs wire watever.

The airbag is not affixed to the centre piece?

There are 2x torx bolts behind the wheel, just remove them and the airbag comes out. disconnect plugs and swap over, easy.

Always have the ignition key off, to be safe remove battery terminal (however not needed).

Whatever you do, do not feed any voltage OR any multimeter across the airbag. I know you want to test resistance for shits and giggles but it's enough to set off an airbag. They are shit sensitive.

There are 2x torx bolts behind the wheel, just remove them and the airbag comes out. disconnect plugs and swap over, easy.

Always have the ignition key off, to be safe remove battery terminal (however not needed).

Whatever you do, do not feed any voltage OR any multimeter across the airbag. I know you want to test resistance for shits and giggles but it's enough to set off an airbag. They are shit sensitive.

Can the airbag can be taken out from the center-piece though? I plan to take the airbag out of my ADM S15 centre-piece(with the standard Nissan logo on it) and placing the airbag into a JDM centre-piece(with the Silvia "S" logo on it).

Edited by chaos85

^ yes, the steering wheel remains bolted to the car

I mean can the airbag itself be detached from the centre piece(shown on the left in this picture).

steering_Wheel_001.jpg

Edited by chaos85

I mean can the airbag itself be detached from the centre piece(shown on the left in this picture).

steering_Wheel_001.jpg

Don't think so. Easier to get an adm one if you really want that nissan logo

steering_Wheel_001.jpg

Don't think so. Easier to get an adm one if you really want that nissan logo

I currently have the ADM model in my car(my S15 was Australian delivered) but I want the JDM steering wheel and centre-piece(with the "S" logo) instead. Nengun sell the steering wheel and centre piece(minus the airbag) at a pretty good price so I wanted to know if I could simply take the airbag out of my ADM centre piece and place it into the JDM steering wheel centre piece.

OHHHHH I get you..

I'm sure the skin is always attached to the airbag.. that is 1x unit.

Send me the link of the item you speak of

So if it says it doesn't come with an airbag that means its either a non airbag model or its just the outer section no center section not even the skin.

Get a second hand one off Jesse from yahoo japan. It's a simple job. I swaped Jdm for jdm, it will all be the same.

So if it says it doesn't come with an airbag that means its either a non airbag model or its just the outer section no center section not even the skin.

Says it includes the 'centre piece'.

Get a second hand one off Jesse from yahoo japan. It's a simple job. I swaped Jdm for jdm, it will all be the same.

Might have to, the ones on Ebay are in terrible condition. I bought one recently and returned it after threatening the seller with a Paypal dispute because it was vastly different to the one he showed on the listing.