Sign in to follow this  
Skepticism

Assetto Corsa

Anyone got this?

It's by the rFactor developers. Modding is underway - tracks have been out for ages and cars are just starting to pop up. I've managed to find a pretty rough 180sx.. looks and sounds good but the suspension isn't quite right, but nevertheless easy as to set it up for drift, so I've had a blast sliding it around various tracks. Also, I'm sure plenty cars will be ported over from rFactor once people figure out the new physics parameters (lots of stuff is just more detailed eg tyre modelling).

Word of warning: you might need a decent rig. I'm finding with my subpar computer and wheel I'm getting a bit of input and force feedback lag on huge tracks such as the nurburgring mod, which makes catching slides very f**king difficult especially since the wheel doesn't return fast enuff, but when it's working well it's awesome.

yeah, I did already. PC is probably just too ghetto or game is too alpha. The input is mostly fine, lag just rears its head on huge or badly optimised tracks like nurburgring

Edited by Skepticism

It's by the rFactor developers

It's not the Rfactor devs, Kunos-Simulazioni made AC, Image Space Incorporated made Rfactor.

The game atm has issues, multiplayer has a horrible booking system, quick join servers should be in the next update later this month. FPS drops, stuttering and input lag issues should be fixed soon I hope.

They updated the physics/force feedback a bit and my graphics card is no longer a f**king ghetto item so it runs great now, can actually drift properly.

There are some drift tracks floating around like ebisu and bihoku, which is mad.

The physics still aren't equal to iRacing which is a shame, because that game really rapes my wallet, so AC for drifting and iRacing for multiplayer/grip is the way to go..

Edited by Skepticism