Sign in to follow this  
BEV5TA

Noise canceling earphones

Hey fellas,

after breaking 3 sets of earphones within a month, I'm here asking you guys what is a decent set of "Noise canceling earphones".

I have the stock iphone ones, but they slip out of my ears as I only use them at the gym, and i prefer the noise canceling ones that block of their shitty repetitive music.

Honestly dont want to spend more then $40.

What do you guys recommend?

egh, not spending more than $40 i think you are in for a mission..

I was also looking at buying noise cancelling headphones as i fly around for work abit, and then go overseas for myself aswell so i hate the whole drone..

After all my research unless i was dumping $300 i wasnt getting much luck, i even looked into getting something older/used and thinking it should be good but it still seems like the reviews on Noise Cancelling are so varied.

Im so keen to see if anybody has any ideas as i will buy also haha!

Active noise cancelling, you wont get anything under $100.

passive noise cancelling, the type with the rubber plug that fits in your ear canal, you can grab Sennheisser CX-somethings for between $50 and $80.

the rubber plug ones are like wearing earplugs, however i found them annoying while running as the cable rubbing on your clothes vibrates through the headphones and you can hear it - like a stethoscope. your ears get hot too as you cant vent heat from deep within your head.

some of those ear-clip style headphones designed for exersise are probably your best bet.

Just for my level of usage, I cant justify spending much more.

Thanks for the reply thouhg guys, I end up picking up the "Logitech Ultimate Ears 600vi Noise-Isolating Earphones" as antonio posted,

Will give a little review on how they perform when they come!

just remember that noise cancelling headphones arent gonna be any more durable than regular earbuds. if you've been through a few pairs already, it might be time to consider spending on some bluetooth connected ones (as people usually break the cord on regular headphones more than anything else)

Forget all those overpriced noise-cancelling ear buds for workouts, and get one of these:

http://www.sony.com.au/product/nwz-w273s

I picked one up from Tricky Dickies yesterday for $99, and they work decently. 4GB is around 500 MP3s, more than enough for training, and when you have the buds in your ears you basically can't hear anything else. Because they're designed to be worn whilst swimming (you wouldn't bother, as you'll hear nothing the moment the air seal breaks) you can get an air-tight seal, hence external noise doesn't get in either. For instance, I can't hear the electronic announcements on the train with the buds fully-seated, and they're really loud.

My one tip is to keep the rubber band attached to the back strap; I don't think it's supposed to be a throw-away packaging item. I found the band made the headphones a lot more secure when running, so keep it.

mmmmm would be nice if they had a port in them so i could watch Movies thru them whilst on a plane.

the ones i linked come with a plane adapter, and yeah you can get adapters off ebay....

Defs will be buying those you mentioned closer to my next flight =D

I bought those ones from catch of the day, and I was pretty unimpressed with the sound quality.

the $40 Philips Bluetooth headphones they have sound phenomenal for the money. not noise cancelling but sound nice, big range (cant get them to drop out at all in my work building, leaving my phone at my desk in my office). Compared them to the $600 Sennheisers w/noise cancelling at the airport on my way back from our SA branch and they even sounded better than that.

Im a bit of a headphone freak but I havent really found anything better than these philips ones or my Klipsch S4i in-ears. Senn CX-400 is close but needs phone controls to trump the S4i.

Not in your budget but thought I should mention there's the Jaybird Bluebluds X which is specifically what you're looking for; they are noise isolating but it does a friggin good job of it, sounds wonderful, designed for heavy gym/workout usage and sweat proof.

I bought those ones from catch of the day, and I was pretty unimpressed with the sound quality.

the $40 Philips Bluetooth headphones they have sound phenomenal for the money. not noise cancelling but sound nice, big range (cant get them to drop out at all in my work building, leaving my phone at my desk in my office). Compared them to the $600 Sennheisers w/noise cancelling at the airport on my way back from our SA branch and they even sounded better than that.

Im a bit of a headphone freak but I havent really found anything better than these philips ones or my Klipsch S4i in-ears. Senn CX-400 is close but needs phone controls to trump the S4i.

Yeah Compared to my $30 sony pair that I got from JBHI they sound very similar, Would be very disappointed if I paid the retail price for them.

But i like that idea of the earphones you linked Pmod. Maybe when I have some money to throw around, i might invest in a set.