Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Spring cleaning....

So with summer around the corner and for those of us who push our rigs in overclocking or gaming need to keep an eye out on them temps!

Anybody planning ahead? Changes to cooling etc?

My goal is to do a big tidy around my PCIE/Sata cables to try move some heat from the drives stacked..

Im also going to pull down all my fans and give them all a good clean to remove some accumulated dust over the past year, and maybe do some other smaller works.

LMUwye7.jpg

Currently my purchase orders look like...

2x 120MM - China specials.. couldnt justify the 5x higher price for brand name..

sx_fan_120_blue.jpg

8pin ATX Cable Extender Sleeved.

mP1A3uejVrvFDlkrRQTTsQQ.jpg

8pin 90degree terminal - What you cant see in the pic is that the length of my ATX cable goes next to the CPU cooler due to length, so im hoping to push the cable around the back of the case and have it a bit neater.

$(KGrHqFHJDMFDPzqez6zBSYDgPIDvw~~60_35.JPG

And not really cooling related but i bought some new thumb screws cause i always seem to loose them and my case after a few months ends up being attached by 1 screw lol..

A678-3.jpg

My next bit of researching is finding some PCIE extenders so i can move the lower mess to behind the motherboard and ill just run the cables in between each card although im finding people want like $15 a cable and i need 4 of the suckers :(

Yeah, I've got to get around to dusting my PC, although there's no point in overclocking it... damn thing still runs an ATI Radeon HD 5870! There just isn't really any incentive for me to upgrade right now, as the only game I really play these days when I have some time is League, and that doesn't require much of anything.

When I was younger and hardware/software/games were constantly ramping up, I would regularly upgrade and overclock, but these days I only seem to upgrade/change peripherals haha.

Same boat here really, i just OC cause i aint got much else to do with the PC haha..

Oh you play Leauge also? I only just started recently level 12 y0.

My system is about a year old now, but the cards are like 3 sytems old now cause they work fine.. Im just waiting for them to blow 1 makes a weird capicitor hissing sound but its been doing that for years.. Will just upgrade to a single card and be done with it.

Same boat here really, i just OC cause i aint got much else to do with the PC haha..

Oh you play Leauge also? I only just started recently level 12 y0.

Nice, damn game seems to be spreading like a plague.

I can PM you my account name if you want duo some Normals for free IP :D

All my intake fans have filters on them so my internal components barely get any dust at all, despite the current setup being over 12 months old.

I might clean off my filters before summer.

Yeh mine have filters too but i like to give the whole case a big once over so i pull the drives out cards all off and get wiping it all down..

Cant wait for my new bits to arrive, i should get myself a Fan controller really but meh..

Splurged out and bought a pair of PCIE Extenders, damn $10 each was the cheapest i could find for sleeved.. Might upgrade my old graphics card or just only use the 1 card as 1 card per monitor is rather overkill haha.

na-6pin-pcie-extension-ss-large.jpg