Sign in to follow this  
shook

WOW - What happened?

^ how much boost can I run on my stock motor?

42psi mate. go for it ! whats the worst that can happen?

I want more response, what's the largest cams I should get?

i reckon a sweet set of HKS 272 stage 3 should do the trick. because you know, bigger means more go go !!! lumpy as fk too.

so more air means more faster right??

now f**k off johnny, this aint facebook :P go and google it ya n00b :beer:

I've told Loz over and over again.. he refuses to listen and/or implement change.

Leave it with me.

I've had a few ideas along this line of compressing down old sections which arent moving as fast, the userbase has reduced but the actual map of the forum is humongous.

needs less sub forums, less branding, back to basics.. like NS days

yes.. less domains, but that's a cost saving.. then focus purely on a brand/culture then introduce tailored google ads + banners for premium sponsors... at the same time push the ns brand to facebook, insta and snap chat...

social 101 come on guys.

Edited by Dose Pipe Sutututu

Needs an easy to use app with an easy to use classifieds for your state.

yes... and need more people to buy Intima brake pads and DBA rotors LOL

Hang on I get the feeling your trying to sell stuff....

And nobody wants to help anyone now.

... Guy asks a question about a nissan problem and some dickswinger says "search it" after they have already googled it.. Very welcoming for a new person who joined up so they can get information after doing a google search and finding ns.com. For the first time.

Edited by S15 sxytime

^^^ I have tried helping younger people and all they do is pay off the advice. Problem besides the size of the forum and for sale section is what's been mentioned earlier. Everyone has moved on, most silvia owners are more interested in the likes they get and if they are wearing the appropriate skinny jeans and flat brim.

I still use google but add nissansilvia.com to it and get the information I need. If the sites search engine could use something similar I think a lot more people would use it.

On the events side I stay away from most meets due to the plebs that are the current import owner majority and go to the track to actually be able to enjoy my car's performance.

A new way to promote the site would be great but would have to be linked with facenovel, instapic and snaptalk. S chassis and silvia Republic are great examples.

I give it a few years and traffic will pick up when people start restoring silvias for their midlife crisis.

Scotty- bring your car out to the track more

Johnny- so when you becoming a site sponsor?

Also WTF with the pics?

Definitely don't want to be like silvia Republic. I had a look and it looks like a bunch of hardparkingf**kwits, hellaflush riders with 10 degree cambersoftcocks who don't know how to drive properly because there cars can't.

Needs an easy to use app with an easy to use classifieds for your state.

I used to live on this website.

The it changed to the 10000 million subforms (around the time my car went into long term project mode too) and i stopped coming here.

I come back now i have a runing 180...but i miss the old simple layout days.

SA is good, but i also dont like how they have gone with a combined FS area....the state based was the best....no one every puts in tags of where they are and i cbf buy interstate secondhand things...just like facebook, where is quick and easy, kids cant even be bothers putting up useful information in add's/or posts anymore

al like "got this sik rim for sale pm me" - no pics/specs/prices - shits me to tears....but if you want to buy cheap shit of douchebag *milkshakes* you need to be on all the BnS facebook pages, so when they need $25 for a stick, right now, you can buy there racecar parts at bargain DC rates.

when Loz implements change, there's more traffic and when there are enough customers for me to quit my day job then I'll become a site sponsor lol

So what's Loz's input on this ?

I am only new to the forum but have seen it with plenty of other forums.

I've also seen some facebook groups move away from facebook to start forums beacuse it's so hard to find old information.

^^^ I have tried helping younger people and all they do is pay off the advice. Problem besides the size of the forum and for sale section is what's been mentioned earlier. Everyone has moved on, most silvia owners are more interested in the likes they get and if they are wearing the appropriate skinny jeans and flat brim.

I still use google but add nissansilvia.com to it and get the information I need. If the sites search engine could use something similar I think a lot more people would use it.

On the events side I stay away from most meets due to the plebs that are the current import owner majority and go to the track to actually be able to enjoy my car's performance.

A new way to promote the site would be great but would have to be linked with facenovel, instapic and snaptalk. S chassis and silvia Republic are great examples.

I give it a few years and traffic will pick up when people start restoring silvias for their midlife crisis.

Scotty- bring your car out to the track more

Also WTF with the pics?

after being a "use google and search" wanker once in my younger years, i try to help point people in the right direction.

the comments about those who know, who just say to use google, actually gives me the shits. some of the newbies are actually legitimate, and i mean there is f**k all users on here anyways, so why say just use google? its a bloody ghost town around here, with threads full of just use google...

i hope they keep this place open, its reached globally as a silvia resource, but has flattened with the forum becoming way too complex, and just not simple to use.

Forums are good, shits organised if done right, and soooooo much information has been captured over the years from literally everything that one could do to a silvia.

yea robbo, thats the plan! it will be soon ;)

i do agree with Johnny, social media is a huge part of advertising these days. the forums need to complement them, but dont let ads take over the forum. use insta fb snapc etc,

but i think Loz and team need to want to put time and money into it to get it back up and running.

Kemp provided a forum thats running nicely. it looks basic as f**k when i quickly perused it. i reckon bring back NS days, make classifieds easier to find, search and peruse this should help revive the place.

tech articles are currently broken since the recent hosting change.

i know this is a random post but does every one remember that dick head that was building a pulsar and got all butt hurt when we gave him our personal opinion on his car LOL

or that other dick head that wanted a HKS dump pipe because HKS had racing pedigree

awwwwww the good old days

some moderators got to nazi and thats what killed this place i reckon

and the forum isn't indexed properly... there are 1000000000000000x other brands and proper forum structure.

Tech articles are all fuuarked, all the listings are screwed, etc...

This place used to be a technical haven, heck I even wrote a wiring guide to get a RB20DET into a S13... every 3rd day I now see on facebook some dimwit asking about it

also I think most of the NS OGs have moved onto C63 AMGs, M3/4/5s etc...

Nissans were "once" fast.. they're now all slow and shit... and R35s are a little unaffordable.

Good example, a basic Golf R in stock trim, a reflash and good tyres will do 1m10s around Wakefield... a Silvia would need some coin thrown at it.. a boat Skyline would need at least 10k+ thrown at it.

Whaaat. I drove a mk7 golf R...theyre pretty damn expensive. Closer to a used older r35 than any S chassis car with any level of mods really. I struggle to believe a stock golf R would do 1m10 at the same hands as someone who does less in a decent S chassis. surely. I think many of these new cars are hyped up a bit.

More importantly, they aren't as fun!

• Upvote 1

I'd agree that it's become less popular here in part because

• people are afraid of getting told to just google
  • some newer younger people don't know about it and/or use facebook instead
  • there are less silvias around nowadays
  • many of the regulars have gotten old haha

But also because many questions have already been answered, there actually isn't always a need to ask anymore. You can google and find the answers in an old thread on this site. That's the main reason i'm not as active really. I often find the answers I need without having to ask.

I wish I had of started a build thread for my 180, but I've been lazy. I forget to, and I feel like I'm half way through already and people may not be that interested, especially since my build is not hardcore by any means compared to other pioneers on here. It's really slow progress due to funds and time constraints.

I've seen some threads where guys just seem to drop 6k on parts at once and then seem to take a fortnight off work just smashing through it and taking photos and detailing everything they do each night. That would be the dream, but realistically, I buy a couple parts, nothing happens for a couple months, I buy the other part I need, nothing happens for a month, then I get around to putting it in frantically on a saturday before I start drinking and forget to take even a before and after photo haha

LOL the most active thread on this forum is about the death of this forum

also I think most of the NS OGs have moved onto C63 AMGs, M3/4/5s etc...

Nissans were "once" fast.. they're now all slow and shit... and R35s are a little unaffordable.

Good example, a basic Golf R in stock trim, a reflash and good tyres will do 1m10s around Wakefield... a Silvia would need some coin thrown at it.. a boat Skyline would need at least 10k+ thrown at it.

Whaaat. I drove a mk7 golf R...theyre pretty damn expensive. Closer to a used older r35 than any S chassis car with any level of mods really. I struggle to believe a stock golf R would do 1m10 at the same hands as someone who does less in a decent S chassis. surely. I think many of these new cars are hyped up a bit.

More importantly, they aren't as fun!

Killaflop's mate just bought a Golf R and chucked a set of NT01 Nittos on and laid out a mid 1m11s down Wakefield last week.

It's hard to comprehend factory cars are as fast as modded Nissans :(

but whats more fun? a RWD coupe or a FWD hot hatch.......... torque steer is a bitch.

Is that guy some kind of driving god? What times would he do in one of you guys' modded decent nissans with decent tyres?

RWD is more fun than AWD tho, but has obvious traction disadvantages.

Also, is there any chance of getting our images fixed from the site, or are they all gone?

all gone it seems.. Loz probably realised if he reduced storage he would save money to pay for the other 10000000000x domain names that do nothing and make no money.

seems like a bad social strategy to me... I've PMed him, I've publicly made threads about the issues and all.. he doesn't want to listen so meh