Sign in to follow this  
R377

Chaser JZX 100-110 vs Skyline R34-V36 - Ride Quality

Looking around for a comfy 4 door daily. The roads here are not great and I have back problems so am looking for something that rides nice.

Was impressed with the V36 (auto) but would also consider a manual Chaser or R34 4 door if the ride wasn't too harsh. Suspension - Would get wheels for it so would need to drop it an inch or two... Thinking lowered springs or coilovers with a custom softer spring rate.

The V36 was nice and I would assume the Chaser and R34 wouldn't ride quite as good but I dont' want to grow up quite yet and think a manual Chaser or 34 would be more fun.....

Thoughts / opinions ?

ride quality is fine on a 4 door r34, even with high spring rates and shitty BC coilovers. i would suggest sway bars (strongly), minimal lowering, GOOD dampers and springs, not off the shelf coilovers that would usually be recommended on forums. Bilstein is where i'd be looking, custom valved to lower than average 'sick jdm coilover' spring rates, somewhere in the vicinity of 6kg fronts 3kg rears, digressive piston for better roll control and high speed blow off (think euro comfort)

1JZ is a better engine, but the interior of a chaser is so fkn bad, and they're hard to get in manual.

Iv got a V36 4door 50th Anniversary with red leather, Y pipe and muffler delete. Awesome car and even better motor.

You can drift them in S mode with the traction off but the EBD does still kick in hear and there. Wiring up a switch to the yaw sensor would stop the computers for ruining the fun lol.

They are also surprisingly quick! and not very heavy (factory alloy bonnet!!!)

The v36 does come in 6spd but under the Infiniti brand so USA and UK import only!

Id rate V36 over a JZX110, jzx110 has a great 1jz motor and all alot more ability for mods on the motor side of things if thats what your after in the long run.

So yeah if you are after more fun an R34 or JZX100 really are you preferred areas of choice.