Sign in to follow this  
badmotorfingaz

S14 E85 fuel system recommendations

Hey all, I need to purchase a fuel rail, injectors, lines, surge tank , regulator and pumps etc. Aiming for 300kw at the wheels with a borg 6758. I've searched a few posts and there's quite a few recommendations for dual feed to fuel rail. I'm thinking 255 Walbro intank and dual Walbro 255 fitted inside either a Radium or Nuke surge tank with dual 6an feeds to either a BPP or Radium fuel rail and Turbo smart or Aeromotive pressure reg and 6an return and some ID1300 injectors, liking the the idea of hard lines under the car rather than flexible hose...

Have I missed anything? Is this setup overkill? The car will be tracked quite hard in club events so I feel a surge tank is a good idea.

ditch the 255 walbro get the 450 thats E85 rated

Walbro 460 pump, 1000cc 3/4 length injectors, bpp fuel rail and turbosmart fuel reg. Replace std fuel hose with 200series rubber hose.

Also change fuel filter after first tank of e85.

Edit: you can get an adapter to run std fuel reg to keep stock look.

Edited by robbo_rb180

As above ^ get a walbro 450/460lph whatever it is. More than enough. You also won't need a surge tank

can run 1/2 ht injectors without any need to space plenums etc.. 3/4 injectors and/or BPP kit needs plenum spacer, IACV spcaer etc..

I've installed a set on a S15 without any spacers as such, albeit they were from clean-injections from the US

Radium make a rail for 1/2 height that doesn't use a plenum spacer however there's a IACV spacer

http://www.golebyspa...-fuel-regulator

These kits any good? Price seems pretty good too

Yes they are good. Running one on my S15. No problems fitting one with a standard manifod. I have heard of people having issues with a GReddy manifold and the rail not fitting. I added on a Turbosmart FPR as the stock one does not fit and was informed that even if it could be made to fit, it wouldn't be suitable for 1,000cc injectors. No idea if that is true or not.

Kit though, is really good and looks awesome.

stock regs aren't that great once you introduce massive pumps.. you find when you hook up a fuel pressure gauge your base pressure is sky high

nothing wrong... still works, can still tune car, can still make the power... but idle/low vac driveability will be homosex

Yeah the 460 fuel pumps are the bees knees for a single pump, spewing i need to get rid of mine after its done like 30minutes use cause now im putting a surge tank in =[

I had my fuel tank lined with red kote to avoid tank corrosion. E85 pulls moisture from the air and you can run into problems. Cost $300.

Ah didn't know that.. S13 only then

Yeah the 460 fuel pumps are the bees knees for a single pump, spewing i need to get rid of mine after its done like 30minutes use cause now im putting a surge tank in =[

Make sure these bad boys are hard wired into a relay into a fuse straight to the battery OR alternator +ve output. They will happily suck nearly 20AMPS at full tilt, i.e. 3 bar base pressure + whatever boost you're running.. at 5bar fuel pressure it will draw 18AMPs of current

Where is the best place to get genuine injector dynamics ID1000 anyone got a contact

Direct from ID, alternatively get unmodified Bosch Seadoo 1150cc stainless injectors.

I've recently tuned a S15 with them and they run superb, idles I dare say as stock or even better, fantastic fuel control.

I just got a tune and had a few issues. One being my clutch is farked, should have replaced that beforehand but wasn't slipping until the extra power. So I'll have to get a retune after that.

The other issue it's got is a massive flat spot when I hit the throttle. It decelerates hard for a second and then takes off fine after that. It's ok if I feed in the throttle really gently.

The tuner said the Nismo adjustable FPR i got isn't big enough. I bought that with the adapter to stick on my top feed rail (with bosch 1150s) so that it looks stock. All of the aftermarket FPRs seem to stand out like nothing else. What would you guys recommend I get? And is it definitely the FPR, you reckon?

Mods:

Bosch 1150s

Top feed raceworks fuel rail

nismo adjustable FPR (bought off gumtree, came with legit looking box and japanese on it etc, so shouldn't be fake?)

Boscho 040 (I have a Walbro 450 e85 compatible one I can put in. Could this really old fuel pump be the issue?)

GTX2863R

Can you put a gauge in it to work out the fuel pressure and see if the reg is adjusted properly then i would put the 450 pump in with upgraded wiring & relay

Edited by mik5082

The tuner adjusted the fuel pressure down a bit below stock they said, to get idle AFRs where he wanted them. I can hook up a fuel pressure gauge.

I guess if the pressure changes on the gauge after fitting the new pump, that might be a sign that the FPR is crap hey?

I'll give that a go. Do you reckon i'll need the upgraded wiring on the 450? I'm not making that much power so I wasn't thinking I'd need it. maybe 270kW down the line when i go e85. I got 223kW peak with the slipping clutch on 98 at 1 bar boost (wastegate)

That's how Powertune done mine don't want a fire back there also that pump is fine with the E85

Edited by mik5082

if fuel pressure changes with out touching the reg, the pump is stuffed. rail base pressure should be around 43-45psi.

definately rewire the pump when you install it they draw about 14+ amps under load, mine burnt out factory wiring after 2.5 years of driving.

Edited by robbo_rb180

Can anyone recommend where to get the Bosch 1650cc stainless steel injectors? Would they be large enough to get me to 350kw on e85 or do I need 2000cc?

Can anyone recommend where to get the Bosch 1650cc stainless steel injectors? Would they be large enough to get me to 350kw on e85 or do I need 2000cc?

I recently tuned a car on the 1250cc Bosch injectors, and only had them at 3bar. Made 350kW and the duty cycle was about 90% of so.

I recently tuned a car on the 1250cc Bosch injectors, and only had them at 3bar. Made 350kW and the duty cycle was about 90% of so.

Awesome to know I thought they maxed out way earlier.

Where do you get them from? That was that twin scroll setup right? Well done :)

PEC, Sonic Performance, etc. Would have them. Get it from the slightly larger guys as they at least have consistent results modifying them.

Other smaller retailers will mod the Bosch injectors in their backyards.

Sure is, twin scroll is king

I prefer v band housings

I prefer v band housings

I did a v-band twin scroll housing on the 180SX :)

I'm talking about open collector v band

Why would you go open collector? You're missing all the benefits of a proper twin scroll setup.

IMG-20160512-WA0008.jpg

I have a twin scroll in my 34 gtr and I've also seen v bands perform as well

Which is why I've gone with a TiAL v band housing in my 32