Sign in to follow this  
HUSTLA

Future JDM classics

The question is, how many of these cars advertised at these prices are actually selling. Fair enough the ones that are in good shape will get good money, but a lot of cars on the market are piles of overpriced shit.

Agreed, there is a lot trying to cash in. Someone always comes along though...

I was talking to a few import brokers and even they couldn't explain the price hike. Im going to stay patient and see if prices drop by next year.

too late, prices on the FD3S will only keep rising, buy now if you are really keen. i'd love to own one myself but no funds...

What makes you say that?

Adm15, so true. I mean i wouldnt pay half a mil for a ghto phase 3 for example but some people do!!!.

Unless i had spare millions just lying around. Same goes for these cars.

It's only worth what someones willing to pay.

Last time i looked years ago on redbook S15 was worth a whopping 7500.

Ill tell ya now over my dead body if i ever let mine go that cheap in todays market.

I was talking to a few import brokers and even they couldn't explain the price hike. Im going to stay patient and see if prices drop by next year.

too late, prices on the FD3S will only keep rising, buy now if you are really keen. i'd love to own one myself but no funds...

What makes you say that?

im not expert in anything mazda, but as soon as the whole future classic talk starts, combined with other factors like a lack of a proper replacement, and big numbers of written off cars, demand for clean cars will only start to go up, along with the prices. once current owners find out about the future potential, they will hold onto the cars for longer and ask for more money too.

I spy a few batmobiles on carsales for under 30k, maybe there is still hope

What makes you say that?

im not expert in anything mazda, but as soon as the whole future classic talk starts, combined with other factors like a lack of a proper replacement, and big numbers of written off cars, demand for clean cars will only start to go up, along with the prices. once current owners find out about the future potential, they will hold onto the cars for longer and ask for more money too.

YER BUT DEY R OLD

Adm15, so true. I mean i wouldnt pay half a mil for a ghto phase 3 for example but some people do!!!.

Unless i had spare millions just lying around. Same goes for these cars.

It's only worth what someones willing to pay.

Last time i looked years ago on redbook S15 was worth a whopping 7500.

Ill tell ya now over my dead body if i ever let mine go that cheap in todays market.

Exactly. I bought an s15 a few years back for 8k. Drove it for a couple of years, tracked it, stacked it, blah blah. The point im trying to make is that my s15 was pretty rough it had chopped rear guards with flares over the top. Various other things wrong with it that the untrained eye would not see. Not really worth any more than 8-10k right now imo. Id be more than happy to pay a highish price for a clean classic car. In todays market an immaculate s15 is worth 20k all day long i reckon. The problem is that someone comes along with a low quality s15 like the one i had and thinks if that is worth 20, mine is worth 15-16 and this is where the problem lies. If the car is a pos, its still a pos no matter what price you put on it and im still not interested. Hence i drive a pos r33 skyline and give no fucks about anything in life except the next track day. lol.

a good example is the AE86.

They are a shit, old car. Somehow through the magic of Anime they are worth cocaine money.

Stock for Stock a silvia will run rings around an ae86, look better doing it and be less of a death trap.

start spending modifying money and you are gonna get significantly more for your money out an SR20 too.

They are out lapped by even the corolla that came after it - an FWD hatch.

They cost so much purely because of a cartoon. much like the GTHO they arent worth the asking price for the power or the capability, its the emotional attachment the market has to the car.

They are a shit, old car. Somehow through the magic of Anime they are worth cocaine money.

Stock for Stock a silvia will run rings around an ae86, look better doing it and be less of a death trap.

start spending modifying money and you are gonna get significantly more for your money out an SR20 too.

They cost so much purely because of a cartoon. much like the GTHO they arent worth the asking price for the power or the capability, its the emotional attachment the market has to the car.

I'll jump in, ^^^^^^ my thoughts exactly. Cars they inspire emotion are the ones that climb. If it doesn't make you feel something then why would you want it.

Ever watch any N2 racing?

Far from stock I know, but looks hell of a lot more fun than my sil80.

Anyone know what the first Silvia csp311 is worth these days? Found 1 that sold in 2006 for $7500!

That's because you're a raging faggot xox

So is my beast mode, last of the CA18DET's track molested, bunnings aero enhanced, S13 worth anything yet? Coz I spent shit loads making it that crap :D

Also, are R34s really actually selling for those asking prices? I only know of a few that sold in the 60k range and they were neatish mild examples. The more highly modified examples with the bigger asking prices seem to sit on carsales.

I got an 80k valuation on my insurance, but I'd be very surprised to get that for it.

Edited by ActionDan

hahahaha Dose King just wants power and dose..

A 3.0 2JZ VVTi with a single TS turbo would happily spin 500kW stock with just studs, baby cams and E85 all in by 4100rpm

I think they are holding value because everyone loves them. They are amazing cars that stoooed being produced. I'm sure if they were made again they would sell. Personally I would have loved to have bought a new s15 before mine. But I would never sell my s15 and 180sx personally. Not due to investment but because I love them. How could you sell your children so to speak. I lost my job and I'm still not considering that option. Did however thought my bf should sell his mr2 but that's another story. It's kind of part of the family. Got sad when he first said it but they are not that common.

Surprising how much the supra is worth in the states for a good example!

Low KM Supras are decent money in Japan. Stressing low KM, because almost all of them are 200,000km+.