Sign in to follow this  
tomtom141

S13 sr20det problems!

I marked the cas and reset it there once I had move it.

What could cause the fuEl pressure to be low? I have put 2 new walbro pumps in her. Both working perfectly. And I've replaced my fuel filter with the bog stock fuel filter and the larger z32 filter. I don't know what else to change in the fuEl system

I marked the cas and reset it there once I had move it.

What could cause the fuEl pressure to be low? I have put 2 new walbro pumps in her. Both working perfectly. And I've replaced my fuel filter with the bog stock fuel filter and the larger z32 filter. I don't know what else to change in the fuEl system

Do you have that gauge connected to your fuel return line? If so that's why it reads low, its not under pressure

It was rigged up between the fuel filter and the fuel rail. Not after the fpr

Did you check your voltage at the fuel pump? It's not getting like 8v's or something is it?

Well you found your problem you only got 2bar fuel pressure did you remove the vaccum line of the reg when you tested it?

Either theres a leak somewhere or your reg is faulty

I literally 10 mins ago clamped off the return fuel line and tried to start it. No difference. So I got a volt meter out and tested the pump. 1 pin had 12 volt and 1 pin had 6.3 volts which I'm guessing is a signal wire. So guessing it's getting all the voltage it needs.

Didn't test the fpr with the vac line off but I can give it a go tomorrow.

With the vac line off it should fall a few psi yes? But if it doesn't your suggesting its a vac issue and if it does fall it should be a fpr problem

Sounds like a bad earth to your fuel pump. 6.3 volts isn't good (unless you measured the fuel gauge signal by mistake). Bad earth's to the fuel pump can be an issue.

Edit: The earth to the pump goes through a relay that is controlled by the ECU. Maybe you have a bad relay or bad wiring.

Edited by stockblues15