Sign in to follow this  
snails

FC brakes not working. help!

hey guys, i've got a fc turbo but car doesn't seem to stop. i've bleed the brakes 3 times already, changed the master n booster. could the calipers b stuffed? if so is ther an alternative upgrade. fd brakes mayb??? do they bolt on. my brake pedal just goes in all the way but if im driving slow it stops the car. i can't do a stand still though =)

cheers

if you can, rip off the calipers and check to see if the pistons in it are still sliding or stuck open.

I had a similar problem with the rear brakes on my 180sx, the rubber boot had split and it had got all sorts of shit into the caliper piston and siezed it - never moved again.

I replaced the caliper and it was good as gold.

As far as FD brakes on FC, I know a number of people do the upgrade as the FD brakes are a 4 piston caliper, but I'm not sure if they bolt straight up. Hopefully someone else can help on that one. Otherwise what series FC have you got? I've seen some 4 pot series 5 brakes on ebay recently for a good price.

hmm - sounds like the caliper pistons have seized. You can get a seal rebuild kit from your Local ABS and then get any usual mechanic to put it in, takes a bit of fiddling and know how but I guess the up side is that your car will stop thereafter.

what they said, sounds like its ceased. and yes you can upgrade the front to fd calipers, just takes a bit of modification. check ausrotary.com for more info on it.

man if i was you i'd take them to a good mechanic and get him to have a bit of a look. i mess around with my car a bit but when it comes to brakes - im not going to screw around with em.

The FD calipers are basically the same as the FC calipers (as far as performance goes anyway)

you can bleed the brakes a million times if your doing wrong, nothing will change.

How are you bleeding your brakes?