Sign in to follow this  
GFUNK

The Anime Thread

Yo guys

thought i'd make a thread as ive just started watching "Death Note" and im hooked

basically this guy find a book and any name you write in the book, the person dies.

here is a proper review: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/death-note-gn-1

The only other Anime ive watched was the full Neon Genesis: Evangelion which was one of the best Series ive ever watched! if you havent watched anime before i definatley recommend starting with Evangelion.

Basically its about a young boy who is asked to pilot a massive robot and fight "angels" other massive creatures that attack the city

what makes it good though is its very deep in terms of relationships between charachters and you learn so much about each person

review link: http://www.animecritic.com/evangelion/anr-evangelion.html

So yeah after ive watched this season of death note im keen for more, any good series you guys would recommend?

ill leave you with a short clip from death note

this thread is going to be awesome!! straight to the torrents :lol:

i guess i'm a bit mainstream with my vieving, coz that is the only way i find out about this stuff

the likes of Dragon ball (also Z and GT) Initial D ( :lol: )Teknoman (bit old and cheesy but worthit IMO) and Neon Genisis (+1 to very deep)

and the other movies i can think of are Ninja Scroll and Akira

i have a shocking memory so i'll come back and add shit when i remember

LOL I was just about a to post a anime recommendation thread lol The last one to be posted got me onto Code Geass which until then I had never heard of so I was out looking for more.

Naruto , Bleach and Code Geass : Lelouch of the Rebellion are my favs that I download an episode for most weeks.

Naruto and Bleach have a couple hundred episodes each but Code Geass has less then 50 if you are looking for something short and sweet to download.

Other Short Series are Elfen Lied , Gantz and Monster .

All very adult orientated and have short runs (Monster is the biggest running at 50 eps). If you download Gantz make sure you get the uncut version otherwise you will miss out on a few gems (like the dog with the muff fetish etc etc etc no its not hentai) and its very graphic. Monster is very slow as its about a doctor chasing a serial killer/anti-christ across Europe whom nobody else believes exists, though I still thought it was fantastic. Elfen Lied is weird but VERY good, I just recommend downloading it.

Black Lagoon is another good one and is a bit more centered in reality then the rest. Its all about mercs, various mafia's and guns and shit. Very entertaining.

zomg how could i forget... INITIAL D!!!!

its about a kid who does late night deliveries in his ae86, runs the mountains at night... if you like cars (all of you!) you gotta watch it!

at first it looked pretty plain, just car races... but they story is layed out really well and keeps you sucked in

i only have the first 2 seasons in english but 3&4 are still watchable with subs

another short clip

neon genis was the first one i watched (im pretty sure its on sbs every 6 months :lol: )

then inital D

Wangan midnight (like inital d but on a freeway with a 240z, the devil Z :P ) but series isnt finished getting subed, only up to ep 10 i think

Deathnote (this is awsome, its looks a bit weird at first but then draws you in)

now im on to bleach and up to ep 90 :P

aparently samari champoo (spelling ??) isnt too bad

+1 for death note aye seen that shit on abc 2 it's pretty good and i usually hate anime

just checked my anime folder and ive also got afro samuri, if you like rap you'll love this shit

i think RZA did all the music for it and its all in english

BTW Initial D extra stage 2 is going to be aired next month in Japan and on DVD by September.

Wangan midnight (like inital d but on a freeway with a 240z, the devil Z :P ) but series isnt finished getting subed, only up to ep 10 i think

12 and maybe 13 are out too ive got em but havent had a chnce to watch yet goddamit

Gundam wing is my favourite giant robots piloted by suicidle or crazy kids the story gets a bit hectic and unless you pay attention u can easily get lost but apart from that its 52 eps and one movie of robot anilation.

jin roh - was pretty awesome cant remeber it enough to give an accurate description tho lol

on a slightly more cartoonish level zoids chaotic century and gaurdian force its so juvinille giant robot animal type things being piloted in battles and for war etc the storys is awesome and not childish tho and the whole time your sitting there thinking that would be soooo cool if it were real

puni puni poemi - haha acid trip much

afro samurai was on mtv for a bit i watched a few eps was f**kin sick it has samuel l jackson in it right?

cowboy bebop, and samurai champloo, which are both made by the same person. Elfen Lied is also good, it has an acceptable boobie to violence ratio. And also Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

there is a new season of full metal alchemist being made. not sure how it is going to be set, since the first season/movie was pretty definitive in its ending, unless it is just going to be following them around in the normal (boring) world.

Full metal alchemist, Elfin lied, Death note.

Anyone else seen the Deathnote movies?

i tried getting into initial d and naruto but couldnt find any decent streaming sites...

watched the deathnote movies the day they came out........ missus works in an animae shop........ and they were sooooo good. and i didnt really get into the series.

bleach and naruto are both really good if you can sit thru all the filler that comes up. god i hate filler. shippuden is starting to get good again........ after 74 eps.

aside from that.

Gundam (any one really)

Samurai Champloo

Afro Samurai

Cowboy Beebop

Ninja Scroll (series and movie both awesome)

and a personal fav of mine is Samuari 7

You should get:

Trigun

Fate/stay nite

Robotech (MACROSS)

Trinity Blood

Hellsing (the OVA is mad)

NGE remake

Thnx. I found it about 2 weeks ago. There is some good stuff in there and really crap stuff.

You could watch soul eater or d-gray man. If you haven't seen Gurren Lagann get it, it's good.

that site is good but i went over my download limit 2 months in a row,

so i got my mate to put about 650 episodes of various anime. all bleach, naruto, ID + about 6 others :P (its got elfen leid and ninja scroll ) whats should i watch after bleach???

that site is still good for slightly obscure stuff. the Japs have the most randome cartoons :P