Sign in to follow this  
chris uleh

my poor lil madaz HELP

Hey Guys, I Have a 1989 Mazda 323 (dont laugh, its wikid ) and I was having a wee problem with run-on. Being the absolute internal combustion expert that I am..... not, I stupidly told my mother to revv the car while the ignition was turned off. The dieseling effect was really quite bad and I was hoping that the engine would flood and all would be good, but instead the engine gained RPMs and started blowing a rather large amount of smoke out of the carby. Since then I have found that the cause could be a carbon build upon the piston or within the combustion chambers, or maybe the valves could have hot spots in them or something like that, ANYWAY the dieseling is not the main problem at the moment. The MAIN problem is that after that incident with the smoke the engine turns over and starts for around 2 seconds, revvs to around 3000rpm and dies.

HELP ME PLEASE, I have to learn how to drive in it when i turn 16.

The engine is the B6 SOHC single barrel carby, same one that is in the ford laser.

Hey Guys, I Have a 1989 Mazda 323 (dont laugh, its wikid ) and I was having a wee problem with run-on. Being the absolute internal combustion expert that I am..... not, I stupidly told my mother to revv the car while the ignition was turned off. The dieseling effect was really quite bad and I was hoping that the engine would flood and all would be good, but instead the engine gained RPMs and started blowing a rather large amount of smoke out of the carby. Since then I have found that the cause could be a carbon build upon the piston or within the combustion chambers, or maybe the valves could have hot spots in them or something like that, ANYWAY the dieseling is not the main problem at the moment. The MAIN problem is that after that incident with the smoke the engine turns over and starts for around 2 seconds, revvs to around 3000rpm and dies.

HELP ME PLEASE, I have to learn how to drive in it when i turn 16.

The engine is the B6 SOHC single barrel carby, same one that is in the ford laser.

you might have blown off a vaccum line when it had an intake backfire, or even blown out the intake gasket. Check all the vaccum lines coming off the carb and inlet manifold and make sure they are still on tight.

Some 323's are fair nice mate. Once you fix it up stick some pics up?

You'd be suprised with some models. I just decided to keep my 626 cause I realised where I can get it too.

This post was a fair while back, did you figure out what was wrong?