Sign in to follow this  
NunzY

gay city rail! rant time!

farout copped a $200 fine for not being able to provide a sufficient concession card.

Is there much point in writing a letter appealing the fine?

I have once had to buy a ticket from an actual city rail person/booth who saw my card and accepted it even though it had expired....

past experiences anyone?

Is your concession card expired? If it is, then it's your responsibility to either get it renewed, or buy full fare.

dude if it's expired it's expired, stop playing the victim.

I've written to the infringement bureau several times with seemingly legitimate excuses (I was in fact lying but hey) and they've never done shit. I said in one my letters that junkies were chasing me at coniston train station and the train was my only means of escape.

They replied to that one and said "we have considered your circumstances but must enforce the fine" or something.

Don't bother lol

Just remember to renew your concession card and buy your ticket.

I was at Wynyard after work one day getting the bus home and as I had just got on the bus and scanned my pass some wanker ticket inspector pulled me off (note that I was dressed respectably).

Consequently, I missed my bus, and then he asked that I show him a concession card. I pulled out my student ID from uni and he was like "THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, IT HAS TO HAVE A SPECIAL STICKER ON IT!"

I explained I wasn't aware of this but he still fined me.

I didn't pay the fine (this was over six months ago) and haven't received a reminder...yet. So just ignore it.

I was at Wynyard after work one day getting the bus home and as I had just got on the bus and scanned my pass some wanker ticket inspector pulled me off (note that I was dressed respectably).

Consequently, I missed my bus, and then he asked that I show him a concession card. I pulled out my student ID from uni and he was like "THIS ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH, IT HAS TO HAVE A SPECIAL STICKER ON IT!"

I didn't pay the fine (this was over six months ago) and haven't received a reminder...yet. So just ignore it.

Maybe the fine was more of a bill for his "services"

hey guys i got a fine for a perfectly legitimate reason how can i get out of it?

farout copped a $200 fine for not being able to provide a sufficient concession card.

I have once had to buy a ticket from an actual city rail person/booth who saw my card and accepted it even though it had expired....

past experiences anyone?

You wouldn't drive with an expired driver's license, would you?

Watch the news mate, it has been plastered all over it for the last few weeks; they are cracking down on people skipping fares and causing problems at stations.

I suppose the $3.50 was worth the fine eh? :lol:

just photo copy your ID and send it in lol. If it has expired, renew it and then photo copy it and send it.

Might as well try. See what happens lol

I once bought a ticket and somehow lost it by the time i got onto the train. Not surprisingly the transit officers didn't believe me :(

In WA if you dont pay your rail fine...they can take your drivers lisence off you

Alright, short answer is no, you won't get out of it. However, I recently just got out of mine..with a bit of effort.

I was working in Sydney last year, got off at Central and BAM! There was like 20 transit cops, didn't stand a chance. I was actually a full time student, had my concession card there, but alas was missing the current sticker for 2008. The chick was nice, said "I don't really want to fine you, but we're having a blitz and I have to". Told me to write away once I got the sticker, photocopy my student card with the current sticker and the fine would be waived.

I did this. SDRO wrote back and pretty much said "I don't give a rats ass what your excuse is, fine still stands. Pay up or we're cancelling your licence, then your car rego".

Not happy with this, mum forced me to go and see my local chamber magistrate. (You can go see these at your local courthouse- just book an appointment). After getting the "you shouldn't of done it" talk, he agreed to help, free of charge of course. Basically, we sent back the form to take them to court and fight the matter. He said once they send me a court date, go back and see him and he'd help me write a letter explaining the situation and I SHOULD get a slap on the wrist and a don't do it again.

So I elected to take the matter to court. This was in January and I only just heard back at the begining of April when I got back from overseas. Basically got a letter saying they had reviewed the cirumstances surrounding my case, and in this instance they had decided to dismiss all fines against me and that going to court would not be necessary.

Before leaving it too long, I would go see your local chamber magistrate, get his advice and write away. At the very least writing away will get you more time to pay.

Good luck!

Well I'd be careful if I was you. I didnt pay my rail fine and they slapped me with an enforcement order, which ads $50 to your fine... they give you 21 days to pay before "enforcing" it further. SDRO are not good at "forgetting" debts...it'll come back to bite you in the ass.

in BNE we have go-cards which are like credit cards you put money on and swipe per journey

i got my mate to buy me a student one and just got it tucked in my wallet so the dogs dont see

been travelling at student prices for about a year with this method, dogs only check paper ticket holders

thanks to all for the constructive words

think i'm just gona pay the fine and be over with it, not worth wasting time over..

but i just find it inconsistent that a train guard had approved of it and told me it was valid until the expiry date on the card, (not the sticker) and also bought a ticket from a train guard using it.

then to cop a bs fine... farout

^And this is why they get away with it! Because people are too lazy to fight it, so they just pay and deal with it.

Stand up for yourself. If the train guard let you buy it- its HIS fault not yours ;)

got kicked off the bus for presenting a student id card, in date, but had the 'wrong colour sticker' and was a 'fake', after trying to reason with the bus driver i lost my shit at him, he threatened to call the police so i got off. i'd never wanted to act violently on somone, but i had gimps in uniform (other than the police) thinking theyre the law.

in BNE we have go-cards which are like credit cards you put money on and swipe per journey

i got my mate to buy me a student one and just got it tucked in my wallet so the dogs dont see

been travelling at student prices for about a year with this method, dogs only check paper ticket holders

Everytime I see the ticket inspectors they have a handheld machine which checks if you have swiped your go-card before getting on the train, they ask to see student cards too (not just those with paper tickets)

i have never had any ticket inspected and i have never seen a ticket inspector before... ever...

past experiences anyone?

You wouldn't drive with an expired driver's license, would you?

you wouldn't steal a car.... :lol:

^And this is why they get away with it! Because people are too lazy to fight it, so they just pay and deal with it.

Stand up for yourself. If the train guard let you buy it- its HIS fault not yours ;)

f**kING + 1!!!!!!!

we keep copping this SHIT in almost all facets of life because NOBODY f**kING DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

if you get an injust fine, OPPOSE IT! don't f**king take it, "because it'll cost me a good 3 hrs max"

In WA if you dont pay your rail fine...they can take your drivers lisence off you

This can happen in NSW too.

Everytime I see the ticket inspectors they have a handheld machine which checks if you have swiped your go-card before getting on the train, they ask to see student cards too (not just those with paper tickets)

ticket inspectors? i think you mean dogs.

true, i have heard of them but never seen them

perfect excuses, i dont have any ID on me...sorry. catch you later.

Oh man, these flames are harsh

even for ns.......

perfect excuses, i dont have any ID on me...sorry. catch you later.

600 Transit Officers regularly patrol trains and stations and have the authority to issue on-the-spot fines. They also have powers of arrest and work closely with NSW Police.