Sign in to follow this  
nunga

Anyone in here hit tha weights?

Just wondering if anyone in here hits the weights? I started around the same time last year in the gym at my work and have been doing it fairly reularly ever since. I have gained probly an inch and a bit on my arms, and my chest is way bigger,I use Creatine and Protein as supplements,but no steroids,haha.

If yous mob dont do it,I suggest you start cos if you give yourself about a month of consistent training,you will see results, trust me. Get the right info though before you do.

Yeh I pump a bit of iron. I hit it pretty hard, but I gotta keep my running up as well. Supplements I use are protien, creatine and L-Carnitine.

Yeah, I have started getting back into it. Just use normal protein powder. I've heard Creatine fuks you up later in life if you use it too much, and that it is only really useful for athletes, rather than for casual fitness.

Yeh with creatine your not just ment to use it for wieght training, your ment to keep your cario up as well, not just wieghts. But you'd be suprised how quickly you lose it if you stop.

I think its 25% of your fitness in 3 days then 50% in 7 days.

i went 3 times a week for two and a half months, but then im too far away from a gym now n its too hard to go constantly

na i dont

i really should tho :P lol

i goto the gym @ work sometimes, but dont do weights, only bike,treadmill, rower, etc

I just started again about a month ago. Havent been in a week tho. lol

Back into it this week or next. Stupid work and uni taking up all my time.

I'm a weak little nancy. My arms tend to give out quite rapidly when I attempt to benchpress anything.

I'm a weak little nancy. My arms tend to give out quite rapidly when I attempt to benchpress anything.

ahaha yes same here :)

Yeah i started about a year ago to with similar gains as you. I use protein but i stopped using creatine. I go to Renaissance Gym above Toys R Us in Rundle Mall.

I'm not the hugest dood but i have a pretty stocky build. Havent actually tried to bench as much as i can, but i have done 10 reps of 73kg (3 sets), so hopefully i'll give it a go and do 100kg

I've been doing weights for a little whle now, but am not atm because I play footy so I'm either sore and injured from that or can't fit weights AND footy training/games around my uni timetable.

Im 6'1", 71kg and my 1 rep max on bench is 90kg.

Creatine is a training aid, it allows you to train a bit harder. It doesn't add muscle, it allows you to push yourself harder to create your own muscle. Another thing it does is cause water retention in your muscles, which in turn makes you muscles look larger (marginaly), when you stop using it, the water disperses. It should be used on cycles anyway, 4 weeks on 1 off etc.

You start loosing fitness after 3 days of non training. So if you run every second day, you're fitness will improve, however if you have a 3 day break till your next run, you will feel the difference. So its good to get some physical activity going at least every second day.

iv been doin stuff at home for a coulple of years now, not using any suppliments though, just pushups, situps and curls, up to 120 pushups in a row.. thats my claim to fame at the moment lol

Yeah Ive been hitting the gym on and off since I was 16 Im 21 now..

I was able to bench 105 KG, 260KG on legs, 40kg Flys..etc

Used to do 40 Push Ups on the hour everyday for about 5 hours a day and about 40 situps every 2 hours. 

I must admit I was pretty buff, but I stopped all this about 7 months ago..

Never used to have any protein sh*t or any of the dogy crap you buy from health  shops.

Just ate goods foods Pasta, Vegtables drank a heap of milk..etc

Yeh I can now do about 3 sets of 9 reps at 80kg, I havent tried a max one rep test yet, I will though.Im tryna be on some LL Cool J type sh*t. hahaha.

look at this sh*t,cut up,big,but not too big.

llcool.jpgnunga38139.5238310185

i started goin to uni gym bout a month ago still goin

i sometimes hit the weights at my kickboxing club but not that often as some of you guys do, i try to conentrate on more of kickboxing to compete in the ring 

yeah i go to next gen memorial drive often. use protien nothing else

i've been doing weights for about 5 or 6 years and love it, although i stopped for like 3 or 4 months and recently picked it up again. its so hard after a long break coz u just get weak, especially when u start eating rubbish. with weights, its 75 percent diet and 25 per cent training, thats what i reckon, u need the good foods to grow. creatine is crap in my opinion coz its just water retention. get on the juice, GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

ive been weights training for about 3 years and i love it, not pushing as hard as i used to bc i busted my wrist and back while doing arm curls. im 65kg when i was at my peak i benched about 105kg 12 reps 3 sets and my favourite training is arm curl lol it broked snapped my wrist tho

i used to use VP2 that was good stuff, no 'roid stay off that stuff drugs are bad im_boostn38139.5672337963

Well I'm about 6'2", I weigh 90-something kilo's, I have pretty broad shoulders and I look like a fairly big dood. I'm weak as piss though. I have no idea what I bench becoz I haven't been to a gym in years. Why? Coz I just can't find the motivation. I'd like to want to go though...

Help me you guys!

I'd like to start going again, but I just can't be fooked. For one I am a computer nerd, and any free time I have is spent surfing the web, posting to forums, or playing online shooters. Another thing is that I have been dating the same girl for over 5 years and it's to the point where we care enuff about each other not to care how fit we are. If u know what I mean. And finally, it's just so boring at the gym, all you do is pump away, even when I went with a mate as a kid(16-18) I remember it was hell boring.

So I ask what motivates you guys to go to the gym and how can I get motivated?

Well my motivation changes from time to time. I used to go with mates a couple of years back, so that was easy, cause we'd set a time and we'd go. Then I didn't go for ages,I put on a fair bit of weight, just from not excercising and eating badly. At the start of this year, I wanted to pick up a chick, so I hit the gym. I found I was really motivated, I was able to drop my wieght by 10 kilos in 3 months and my fitness went through the roof. That motivation didn't last though, so I packed in for about 2 months. Now I do it because I want to be as fit as I can. I still find it hard getting up in the mornings to go for runs, I like the gym so thats easy. I just find that everytime I think I won't, I tell myself thats the weak bit trying to win, and then I do it just to not be weak minded, working so far...

about 6'1 weigh 75kg

was goin gym heaps then i stopped, recently started again last week

benchin 55kg + 20kg bar @ 6 reps x 3 sets

so not the best, but wont be long :P

I'm 5'5", 78kg. Bench about 250lbs... Dumbell fly's 100lbs each hand. Back around 300lbs, biceps can get up to 75lbs per arm. Triceps behind the head about 100lbs.

Leg press around 800 pounds or about 360kg. I've done 1000 pounds but can't go all the way down lol!

17" arms (well... technically not, about 16.75 lol) ... but looks pretty big on a 5'5" frame lol.

hehe yeah ive been hitting the weights too last 2 years. Ive put on about 15 kgs since den. Im 83 kg, i bench about that much too... My problem is im not consistent enough...keep stopping going stopping again for a few months. back at it now.

Just use protein, tried creatine, it works but i dont like it. L-carnitine i think is a waste of money Glutamine is an excellent supplement too try mix that with your protein drinks.

me and my mate r starting after exams... i am 6'2" 110ish kgs, usedto be 94kgs, then got lazy... no motorvation... i am starting with a mate of mine, going 3x per week, straight from school... no excuses not to go when going with mates on a school day

creatine is pretty over-rated as far as its use in weight training goes. Its main function is to help you muscles recylcle ADP to ATP which is the actual chemical that breaks apart to release energy for your body. Weight training doesnt rely on this so much, well nowhere near as much as say a triathlete. As someone already said, it makes your muscles retain water, so they actually look bigger, which is probably why it became popular in the first place.

I reckon supplements are a crock in general *except glucosamine, which has actually been proven to help soft tissue injuries, and a few others. Those big tubs of sh*t with "X-TRA BIG GROWTH FORMULA" stamped on the label look sooooo dodgy to me.

I say either be a hardcore jim bunny and hit some roids or do what i do and just eat properly.

manus38139.6079282407

Well, when your muscles retain water this is known as cell volumising and it actually does aid in the ability for the muscle to work to failure... but like anything, some people respond to it well and others don't. But you are spot on with diet and eating properly. If I dont carb up the night before a big workout, it is amazing how your strength just takes a dive.