Sign in to follow this  
MITCH_21

350Z oil leak

Hi 350Tuned

I have done about 1200k's in my 2003 Track 350z since i'v brought it two weeks ago

yesterday and this afternoon i have noticed a oil patch in the shed were i park it

I then looked under the bonnet to find that there is an oil leak on the upper passengers side of my engine... :(

i havn't been thrashing it or reeving it when its cold

thinks you might want to know

Sprint Booster "electronic throttle control chip" installed 8th feb 2010

other than that the car is completely standard with 82.500 K's on the clock

If anyone has any suggestions or advice it would be valuable, I am trying to get it booked into Nissan ASAP

Got pics? Upper passenger side towards the front is actually your a/c compressor, you might be leaking oil from the AC unit?

Got pics? Upper passenger side towards the front is actually your a/c compressor, you might be leaking oil from the AC unit?

I have got it at a workshop today and they think it might be the sump plate seal???

Im getting a major service done and if it is still leaking on me i will pull all the intake off and take some pic's and post them

Im hoping the oil i could see at the top fron of the engine was just from someone being Etreemly sloppy with the dip stick

And the oil on the floor of my shed is from the sump as that would be a easy less expencive fix

Thanks for the intrest

i had an oil leak from a crack in the rocker cover of some sort, only showed its ugly head when driven hard...just another possibility