Sign in to follow this  
sabbadin

BIGGEST DYNO DAY

The biggest dyno day is the result of a group of enthusiastic automotive trades' people wanting a challenge, that involved all of their skills.

The preparation and organisation of this day is one to take your hat off to. It is a BIG event.

9 dynos around Australia all running at the same time(VIC, NSW, SA, QLD, MACKAY, WA, KALGOORLIE,TAS).

All dynos are video linked so that the audience watching at one venue, will be able to watch the rest of Australia do their runs.

The orangizational group consists of over 60 automotive trades’ people. With their knowledge and understanding of what the public wanted, they came up with this idea.

Most of the venues will have mulitple workshops working together, bringing the trade even closer (yet another strange thing to be done). For example, in some states we have workshops flying staff in to help out another workshop.

To be involved in something like this is a once in a lifetime experience, if not to run your car, just to be there to watch.

Free entry for spectators, BBQ and drinks on site.

Together we are trying to make this the biggest dyno event in Australia’s automotive history and to have fun doing it.

FOR FUTHER INFO VISIT: www.biggest-dyno-day.com

wow, interesting concept. still trying to visualise how it will all work, but good luck with it!

Whats hard to visualise – a dyno, burnt sausages, and a cue of cars as far as the eye can see. might come by and chuck our shitter on the dyno and see how much power i've lost with the 50cent size hole in the cooler piping lol

Whats hard to visualise – a dyno, burnt sausages, and a cue of cars as far as the eye can see. might come by and chuck our shitter on the dyno and see how much power i've lost with the 50cent size hole in the cooler piping lol

whats hard to visualise is 7 or 8 other dynos trying to be shown at the same time, while your dyno is going and a car is screaming its tits off(couple fo runs as well per car), so the sound will have to be off for the other 8 dynos on the big screen, then u have to co ordinate who will go next, and have an order, space it right, get the audio going for each dyno in the other states, or have a delay coverage, or some clever real time editing. Do you have a split screen with 8 tv feeds, or single feed swapped when the next car is ready. Is there a commentator for the whole day or a spcific commentator for each states dyno, do they have details of each car, or are we left in the dark as to what car and mods. Thats a few things off the top of my head.

They sound like they have it all sorted though, so hopefulyl its alot easier than ive made it out to sound like!

If we gonna wait till every car is finished before someone else goes next the whole event will go on for a week!

i dont think they'll be able to do it that way (each car in aus at a time and shown everywhere) if they are actually going to have that much atention to warrant the 8 dyno's then theres obviously going to be too many cars.. maybe show the best cars of the bunch from around aus, like who wants to see all of australia's shit na auto ca18 cars that come for the fun of it?? i sure dont. i can think of plenty of better stuff to do like pulling my fingernails off with plyers.

i wanna see aym23q's ^^^ ''m4chne" =D

interesting concept. I like the idea! hopefully I can make it to the SA one. surely this would be the first of its kind?

Getting a bit off work done at Sabbaddin Automotive right now! Bigger turbos, air-box, tune and a few other little things, actually gonna make a fair bit less power.

Sounds stupid I know, but after having a big single turbo it will be nice to have power before 5,000rpm for once...(not very good 4 a dyno day!!)

Anyway, enough shit talkin, i spoke to Rob about the BDD and it sounds like its gonna be one hell of a good day.

Even if your not gonna enter ur car u should come so u don't miss an enjoyable day....

Sounds like a big event. Be interesting to see how it turns out.

What are the thoughts of the pricing so far?