Sign in to follow this  
friedkent

Advice for noob wanting to get massive

Hey guys, ive just started training seriously and im currently following sheiko program.

Anyway what kind of supps do you guys use to give you the edge. Which protien is best for strength gains..? i really just want to improve my big 3 lifts... is isolate the ultimate for strength and concentrate better for mass?

First Ill answer your question. Honestly I wouldnt think about which protein powser so much, buy one that suits yor budget and taste, and use it properly.

Secondly, what is your diet and training program?

Just eat heaps. Eat, eat EAT!

Lots of Pasta, Rice, carbs, Chicken Breat, Turkey, Milk Vegetables.

And supplements on top.

First Ill answer your question. Honestly I wouldnt think about which protein powser so much, buy one that suits yor budget and taste, and use it properly.

Secondly, what is your diet and training program?

I was following a sheiko template.. which ive just found out is an advanced powerlifter cycle used to improve the deadlift... So yeah i think ill start off just with a basic routine that the PT writes up for me.

As for diet i just eat normally i dont really want to spend money on heaps of tuna or chicken. Thats why i would like protien shakes just to make up for lack of eating

...youre lost.

get your diet right before you look at supplements and protein powder. protein powder isnt a substitute for food.

if you dont want to spend alot of money (100$/week on essentials), then getting 'big' isnt for you.

My food bill went from $120 to about $180 (Inc.mrs). Get the food right, then worry about the other stuff. Check out the PTC newsletters.

Dude, you need to read the PTC newsletter and also the training logs on ideas of diets and training.

If you do not eat right, and try and supplement with a shake, you will not get the gains you deserve after your hard work in the gym.

The reason I asked is because firstly, I got my head bitten off when someone asked about protein powder, and my suggestion was to eat likea mutha f**ka. My advice stands, you need to eat. If you are not hungry, eat some more. Eat clean, it doesnt have to be pricey either. You can get tuna for $1 a can, you can buy cheap chicken peices and cook them at home. Youd be surprised how much it really is once you stop buying shit like coke and chips, oh and alcohol.

Ive scene what PT's give to people in terms of training. My advice is do the skinny guy routine 3 times a week. Look it up on this forum.

Dude, you need to read the PTC newsletter and also the training logs on ideas of diets and training.

If you do not eat right, and try and supplement with a shake, you will not get the gains you deserve after your hard work in the gym.

The reason I asked is because firstly, I got my head bitten off when someone asked about protein powder, and my suggestion was to eat likea mutha f**ka. My advice stands, you need to eat. If you are not hungry, eat some more. Eat clean, it doesnt have to be pricey either. You can get tuna for $1 a can, you can buy cheap chicken peices and cook them at home. Youd be surprised how much it really is once you stop buying shit like coke and chips, oh and alcohol.

Ive scene what PT's give to people in terms of training. My advice is do the skinny guy routine 3 times a week. Look it up on this forum.

Hmm, ok i get it kinda... but im sure i could get the same amount of macros with 4 or 5 shakes a day. Isnt that the point of protein shakes to replace meals? You are right though its pretty cheap when you consider i usually spend a few hundred each week on drugs (hoppefully quitting!)

So food... but what about other supps? creatine? tribulus? sizeon?

no creatine, no trib, no sizeon, no drugs, minimal (if u can no) piss.

if u replaced 5 meals with shakes, ud look like the gaunt winner of biggest loser starver.

stop looking for super supplements and GET THE BASICS RIGHT.

you havent been told by half a dozen people because it may be the best way.

Lol, none of that will matter if your coke'd up to your eyeballs haha.

Your list of things to do.

1. Quit drugs.

2. Read newsletters

3. Sort out diet with new found infomation.

4. Read training logs and the pinned article thread. You will find the skinny guy routine.

5. Start lifting.

Get back to us then.

As a supplement all you need is protein and fish oil. Glucosmine with Chondroiton (spelling?), probiotics, multi-vitamin are good to take as well.

As a supplement all you need is protein and fish oil. Glucosmine with Chondroiton (spelling?), probiotics, multi-vitamin are good to take as well.

Ok heres a program i'd like to try it looks basic but aimed at strength

Day l

squat: 5-8x5

bench: 6-8x6

deadlift: 5-8x5Day 2

deadlift: 5-8x5Day 3

deadlift: 5-8x5

Where in the article thread did you find that program?

We are trying to help you.

i walked into coles, walked out $230 lighter. all clean, most processed was the honey for my stirfry. food for a week just for me. i wish i had time to go to the market or knew someone who could get me cheap steak or chicken! fark... the price of having strength

Mate don't even bother with training, just take suppliments. Training does f**k all anyway.

A program aimed at strength is great, although the one you suggested is not a beginners program, I remember seeing that somewhere as well.

Search for "skinny guy routine".

Gotp www.ptcfrankston.com read the newsletters.

My personal rule of thumb is, squat 3 times a week, bench twice, overhead 3 times, deadlift once. Throw in conditioning exercises like UDLs, dips, chins, rows, shrugs, rack pulls, clean and press, SLDL etc. and you got a descent beginners program. I change my program to suit my needs, you will learn this for yourself as well.

skinny guy routine ... ptc newsletters ... go

Don't listen to these idiots, they have no clue. All you need is seven shakes a day, do pushups, situps and curls 3 times a day and you will get huge, squats are too hard and who wants big legs anyway.

Don't listen to these idiots, they have no clue. All you need is seven shakes a day, do pushups, situps and curls 3 times a day and you will get huge, squats are too hard and who wants big legs anyway.

hes a pt, so it must be true ! :shades:

yes.gif

lol yeah thats true man, if you do squats you'll get big and won't fit into skinny legs jeans bro.

on a serious note, you get bigger by eating, then by eating some more, then protein powders and other supplements. yeah follow skinny dudes routine and start reading the stickies.

Nice training log there paulie, i will be following a program similar to that called starting strength.

As for the guy spending $230 on food a week... what a *richard cranium*.

Youre a tosser, i spend 250 a week on food sometimes. Please rid this section of your presence.

friedkent, were trying to help you here mate, dont call ppl names.

The first program you see is what i started with, changes to my program are logged throughout the thread. Its a good one to start with actually.

friedkent, were trying to help you here mate, dont call ppl names.

The first program you see is what i started with, changes to my program are logged throughout the thread. Its a good one to start with actually.

Haha you're going well, and thats some intense goals for 2010 man!

heh thanks, im going ok. My bench and squat goal will easily be achievable, my deadlift goal will be farkin hard.. very hard. Imalready doing lots of deadlift conditioning work to prepare myself for the second half of the year.

heh thanks, im going ok. My bench and squat goal will easily be achievable, my deadlift goal will be farkin hard.. very hard. Imalready doing lots of deadlift conditioning work to prepare myself for the second half of the year.

Are you concerned with getting fatter? i mean increasing bodyfat while getting stronger? 180kg deadlift is common at my gym but seeing people squat 150kg is a rare sight lol

No I eat clean and lift heavy, Im a smidgen under 87kg right now, last came in at 16% bodyfat. If you get fat, your not lifting heavy enough.